Not open for further replies.

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roosters accuse Michael Ennis and Sam Perrett of taking dives

Michael Chammas
Rugby league reporter
May 23, 2014 - 11:54PM

The Sydney Roosters have slammed Bulldogs veterans Michael Ennis and Sam Perrett, accusing the pair of taking dives in Friday night's heated clash at ANZ Stadium.
In a fiery period before half time, both Perrett and Ennis stayed down after respective high tackles from James Maloney and Sam Moa.
Michael Ennis laughs after the video ref pushes the wrong button on Friday night. Photo: Getty Images

On both occasions tempers flared as all in brawls erupted, with Robinson later questioning the tactics of the Bulldogs.

Advertisement
"There were a couple of times they were down there waiting for the penalty," Robinson said.
"It is disappointing, but we can't change that, all we can do is do what we do. There is no way he (Ennis) was concussed.
Ennis and Frank Paul Nu'uausala went head to head as they went up the tunnel, exchanging words after the Bulldogs took the two points on offer on the stroke of half time as a result of the high tackle that left Ennis on the deck.
"It was heated, obviously Mick Ennis showed a bit of gamesmanship there, playing for penalties," Roosters skipper Anthony Minichiello said.
"We were just trying to stick to our game, it boiled over a few times."
Bulldogs coach Des Hasler defended his players, adamant they were legitimately hurt.
"Those sorts of players don't take dives," Hasler said.
"It's not in their make up, it's not in their game."
If that's the case, the Bulldogs might find themselves in hot water as neither Perrett or Ennis were taken immediately from the field for concussion tests.
Perrett left the field a minute or so later, but the interchange counted given he didn't leave the field immediately after receiving the head knock.
Moa revealed that he told Ennis to "get up and get on with it", which prompted David Klemmer and Sam Kasiano to run in and instigate a push and shove.
"I didn't really know if he was knocked out or not but I thought he wasn't hence the anger and the teammates got on the back of that," Moa said.
"I hope he's all right ... I just said a few nice words. I just said 'get up and get on with it', that's because at the time I didn't think it was a high tackle and then the refs obviously felt different."
Roosters coach Trent Robinson said the NRL had to introduce concussion guidelines but called on clubs to show "integrity" and not exploit the rules.
"There is always that risk but we had to bring it in, that was the important thing," Robinson said.
"I wasn't sure if I was for it or not but we have learnt a lot about safety this year and we needed it. We need to get those guys off that do get concussed. We just have to have some integrity in our clubs to make sure we use it properly."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...aking-dives-20140523-zrmwe.html#ixzz32Y0nwhyP

Last edited by a moderator:

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
****in losers they had the refs ****ing helping them all night go to hell roosters and there fans and the ****ing referees all of them they can rot in hell.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why should the clubs follow the rules when the refs aren't?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
How about on field refs getting the call right on high shots, just like they did klemmer on JWH.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol this club, they get all the good calls and still complain ey? Maybe having a biased referee against them might change how the think in a valuable game

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope I run over klein and he doesn't ****ing walk again **** that would satisfy me even more

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
This basically reads as "Even though the players took clear hits to the face, it's their own fault". About as good as a judge who says a sexual assault victim asked for it by dressing provocatively.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I am sure they milked it to a degree but the main thing is both tackles were illegal as they were to the head. If it takes a little milk to get the video refs to look at the dirty plays, because the on field refs are blind, then i am all for it.

It isnt like we got any penalties from those tackles that were not deserved. A high tackle is a high tackle whether it knocks someone out or not.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So it was ok to tackle perret and ennis high?

Are the roosters complaining why the correct decision was made?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This basically reads as "Even though the players took clear hits to the face, it's their own fault". About as good as a judge who says a sexual assault victim asked for it by dressing provocatively.
As rainman will tell you about the uncovered meat and the cat....its the meats fault.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
So they had the refs in their back pocket, they won the game and still have a bitching session? Typical roosters scum tbh.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And we give a shit about what the Roosters say why?

And speaking of "integrity" Trent, why are the Roosters always the first team to run to the rescue of drop kicks like Blake Feguson, Nathan Friend and Todd Carney...oh yeah, not to mention Uncle Nicks brown paper bags which are know throughout league circles .....blah blah blah.

My most hated team the CHOOKS. Arrogant ****ers.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What about them with all the high tackles and what not, why don't they look at their discipline (on and off the field) before trying to say shit about others...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If the refs/video refs watched the game players wouldn't need to stay down.
If Trent Robinson wasn't such a dirty *BEEP* of a coach and actually coached his side to play instead of takingg out players illegally, again they wouldn't need to stay down.

and LOL at Sam Moa, is the bloke really that thick? You've hung the arm out and swung it towards a players neck. Shit like that is what ends up with people in wheelchairs. If the refs did their job, he would have been sent off, with Maloney on report as well.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What about them with all the high tackles and what not, why don't they look at their discipline (on and off the field) before trying to say shit about others...
Because complain is what faggots do best and they are the kings of Mardi Gras!!! Blake Feguson's next appointment will be to co-host their next sleaze ball along with SBW apparently. :p Uncle Nick has already purchased matching ball gowns and a tiara for SBW as he and channel 9 feel he needs to stand out on the night.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
they probably did dive but it was contact to the head

Barba

TANK
Reaction score
why don't the refs just call the penalty on the obvious high shots? they couldnt blow their whistles any faster when klemmer hit that faggot high

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Ennis took a dive.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sam Moa is a Dog, no wonder Ennis was hacked off, and nothing happend, don't ask me.

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The cocky fowl questioning other teams over integrity? That'll do me.

Moa clearly hit Ennis with a swinging arm but we're the ones in the wrong? Get f**ked! As for Perrett, he was clearly dazed but didn't stay down. He got up after a few seconds but the ref wanted to check it.

Talk about sore winners!

Status
Not open for further replies.