Rookie Watch 2024

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Maybe an unpopular opinion but I actually rate all our halves Burton has a huge ceiling, I like the look of sexton as well. Both need to tighten up their defence. I also thought Hutch was great last year for the chooks and along with JWH and a few others was responsible for turning their season around. I also really like the look of Salmon. Runs straight and hard, backs up through the middle and has a bit of mongrel in him. Has a big body and has been playing second row so his defence should be good. I think he looks like a real bulldog half. Taafe is a gun as well maybe just a bit small till we fix up our forward pack. Would worry about Taafe and Mahoney being too many easy targets. O’Neil is coming on as well. Will be interesting how it all plays out.
We have a lot of young talent all across the board at the club except for props which seems pretty limited imo across all grades. This is why people (myself included) are pretty frustrated with the fact that first grade recruitment in terms of props and prop depth has been neglected a ton. It just means we are gonna probably have to potentially rush in our limited prop prospects who aren’t ready.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
We have a lot of young talent all across the board at the club except for props which seems pretty limited imo across all grades. This is why people (myself included) are pretty frustrated with the fact that first grade recruitment in terms of props and prop depth has been neglected a ton. It just means we are gonna probably have to potentially rush in our limited prop prospects who aren’t ready.
Makes the Vaughn thing all the more weird. It has been said before but if we had him last year we would have gone damn close to making the 8. Add Vaughn to this side and damn that is something to get excited about. Not sure why we didn’t throw a mil at him whatever he wanted, it would have been worth it.

Robdog111

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Makes the Vaughn thing all the more weird. It has been said before but if we had him last year we would have gone damn close to making the 8. Add Vaughn to this side and damn that is something to get excited about. Not sure why we didn’t throw a mil at him whatever he wanted, it would have been worth it.
You don't sign people if they aren't suited to our culture. That includes if money is their only motivation. Eg. Vaughan and AFB.