Roger Tuivasa-Sheck

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikestar

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
hey all - has anyone heard much about this guy? Is he any good?
I know he debuted for the Roosters last week and is named to play the Dragons tonight. A manager at work keeps rambling on about how good he is and how much of a superstar he's going to become.
was just wondering if anyone else has heard these wraps on him?

spikestar

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I work with his uncle here in Brisbane apparently nz rugby were spewing they couldn't get him. He also has a cousin Brooke who has been on the broncos program for years and plays in fogs and q cup
yeah heard he came over from NZ. My manager (diehard roosters fan) keeps telling me about his blistering speed and great footwork. He said he might get some time during tonight's game at fullback as well

richie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I havn't seen him play nrl but limited nswrl and his a goodin plays fullback and will take over mini

@nchorman

Channel 4 News!
Reaction score
He seems to be a solid player. Great footwork and speed. hasnt been tested under the high ball. but attacking wise, he seems good

fr333k

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He just set up a try for Pearce by first slipping whilst in goal and then ran past 4 or 5 defenders and passes to Pearce to run and score under the posts.

Pa-28

Bring back the BIFF!!!
Reaction score
Looks a lot more promising then Moga at this stage

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He just set up a try for Pearce by first slipping whilst in goal and then ran past 4 or 5 defenders and passes to Pearce to run and score under the posts.
On second look of that slip, he managed to ground it before getting up and making a break for it.. Good for me cause I cashed on my bet of chooks first try/fh/ft, but it sucks for st merge.. I'd be spewing if it was against us tbh.

P

Paint.

Definitely the Roosters future fullback... really impressive

chadiwrx

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
On second look of that slip, he managed to ground it before getting up and making a break for it.. Good for me cause I cashed on my bet of chooks first try/fh/ft, but it sucks for st merge.. I'd be spewing if it was against us tbh.
Up until last season, that would've forced the Roosters into a goal-line dropout, but the rules changed at the start of 2011.
Accidental grounding of the ball no longer constitutes a goal-line dropout, hence the referees' refusal to send the decision up to the video referee. But Price was mystified by the decision of the two referees not to award a goal-line dropout with the Dragons trailing 14-10, ending their hopes of a from-behind win.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...n-in-flames-20120803-23lfc.html#ixzz22XmwjnKr

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ahhhh - I was wondering about this. Joey Johns brought it up during commentary last night but no-one mentioned the rule change. So if Tuivasa-Sheck had lost it after it hit the ground, and the Dragons grounded it, would they call it a try then?

Magic Arrow

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ahhhh - I was wondering about this. Joey Johns brought it up during commentary last night but no-one mentioned the rule change. So if Tuivasa-Sheck had lost it after it hit the ground, and the Dragons grounded it, would they call it a try then?
Despite the rule change, I don't think they'd award it.

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Despite the rule change, I don't think they'd award it.
That's what I would have thought, but with the referees taking things to the letter of the law when it suits them, who knows what the hell they would do!

Status
Not open for further replies.