Roger Rogerson associate Glen McNamara charged with murder of Sydney University stude

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Detectives have arrived in Brisbane as they hunt for Roger Rogerson
Former detective Glen McNamara charged with murder of Jamie Gao
Police pulled body from water at a Cronulla beach
Police want to speak with disgraced former detective Roger Rogerson
Mr Gao kidnapped, allegedly murdered after attending drug deal
FORMER detective Roger Rogerson is playing a cat-and-mouse game with NSW detectives who have flown to Brisbane to question him about the disappearance and murder of Jamie Gao.

Two of the state’s most experienced detectives, Detective Inspector Mick Sheehy and Detective Inspector Russell Oxford, touched down in Queensland early this afternoon to begin the search for Rogerson, 73.

He is known to have an extensive network of friends and former NSW police in Brisbane and on the Gold Coast who he has stayed within the past.

It is believed that Rogerson has not personally contacted police but has been in touch with them through an intermediary.

Sheehy and Oxford have both recently moved from the homicide squad to the elite Robbery and Serious Crime squad.

They have been working on the case since just hours after Mr Gao, 20, was reported missing last Tuesday.

WARNING: Graphic images below

The body was wrapped in a blue tarpaulin and was scooped up by police about 9am.

Glen McNamara is a former police officer who wrote a book about police corruption in Kings Cross. Source: News Limited

Former Kings Cross detective Glen McNamara has been charged with the murder of Mr Gao, 20, from Hurstville.

Police believe Mr Gao was kidnapped and allegedly murdered after attending a mystery meeting on Arab Rd, Padstow last Tuesday.

Police this morning said they believed the meeting was a drug deal gone wrong and that Mr Gao had shown up with a quantity of drugs.

The UTS student was last seen getting into a white car after talking to two men.

Police confirmed today they were also investigating a body found floating off Cronulla’s Shelly Beach.

“We believe there was a drug transaction. Mr Gao had drugs with him when he went to the other car,” police said today.

Police said they had seized three kilograms of methamphetamine from a white car.

Fisherman notified police after spotting the body off Cronulla today. Source: News Corp Australia

Police wheel away a body which was found, wrapped in a tarpaulin, floating off Cronulla Beach. Picture: Cameron Richardson. Source: News Corp Australia

A known associate of Rogerson, McNamara was arrested at 6.30pm last night after a car stop in Kyeemagh.

The 55-year-old Cronulla man was charged at St George Police Station by the Robbery and Serious Crime Squad with murder and large commercial drug supply.

McNamara did not apply for bail during a short appearance in Kogarah Local Court.

His lawyer asked his client be placed in protective custody which was granted by magistrate Christine Haskett.

McNamara appeared in the dock in glasses, a black t-shirt, blue jeans and brown suede boots.

He smiled at a small group of supporters believed to be his family.

The case was adjourned to Central Local Court on July 22.

Former police detective Roger Rogerson. Source: News Limited

Police executed a search warrant at McNamara’s residence in Cronulla, seizing a blue Ford Falcon XR6 and a number of other items of interest to investigators.

Schoolyard violence highest in ten years

Liberal Senator Bill Heffernan smuggles pipe bomb into federal parliament

Officers also executed search warrants at Rogerson’s Padstow Heights home, seizing a silver Ford Falcon motor vehicle, and a storage unit in Caringbah, where they seized a boat.

A third car, a white Ford Falcon, has also been seized from a location in Cronulla.

Detectives believe this is the vehicle Mr Gao got into on Arab Rd last Tuesday.

Police are still trying to locate 73-year-old Rogerson, who is believed to be in Queensland.

Rogerson was not answering telephone calls last night.

2UE reported its news team had spoken to Rogerson’s wife Anne. She said Rogerson spoke to police about 8pm last night and denied any involvement in Mr Gao’s disappearance.

Robbery and Serious Crime Squad commander Det-Supt Luke Moore said the investigation by Strike Force Album would continue.

“Our inquiries to date have led us to conclude that Mr Gao has been murdered,” Det-Supt Moore said.

“While we have charged a man with murder, this investigation will continue and we may make further arrests.

Water police search water off Shelly Beach, Cronulla. Picture Craig Greenhill Source: News Corp Australia

“We still don’t know where Mr Gao’s body is and are strongly encouraging anyone who can help us locate his remains to contact police.”

Det-Supt Moore said police still wanted to talk to the two Asian males seen with Mr Gao.

Police believe they know where Mr Gao was murdered.

McNamara’s lawyer Charles Moschoudis said last night he was unable to comment on the matter.

“I would like to help but I really can’t,’’ he said.

“It might be better if you speak to the police.’’

University student Jamie Gao had been talking excitedly for days about the mystery meeting, which police now believe led to his kidnapping and murder.

Family and friends said the 20-year-old was vague about what the meeting was about except that it was of great significance* to him. “Jamie told friends the meeting was really important, was excited about it but wouldn’t say much else,’’ Robbery* and Serious Crime Squad head Detective Superintendent Luke Moore said yesterday. “And when he talked to friends he indicated he would be seeing them later in the day.’’

The Hurstville resident was last seen getting into a white car on Arab Rd, Padstow, near a McDonald’s about 1.40pm last Tuesday after chatting to two men.

Security vision showing a man, believed to be Jamie Gao, and two others getting out of a vehicle outside a meat factory on Arab Rd, Padstow. Source: Supplied

“What that meeting was about, we don’t know,’’ Supt Moore said.

He has not been heard from since and his phone, keys and wallet were found near his white Nissan Silvia sedan, which was abandoned in Stuart* St, Padstow, on the afternoon of that mysterious meeting.

There was nothing in Mr Gao’s background to suggest he was involved in drugs or any other criminal activity.

“But that is not to say he may not have gotten involved in something way above his head,’’ Supt Moore said.

At first police treated Mr Gao’s disappearance as a possible kidnapping for ransom but released details after the investigation led them to believe the motive was related to something else.

Jamie Gao’s motor vehicle, a Nissan Sylvia, was found abandoned in Stuart St, Padstow / Picture: Supplied Source: Supplied

Police established there had not been any contact with family members and that Mr Gao’s family did not seem to have the sort of money normally* associated with ransoms.

His mother, a Hurstville business owner who was on an overseas holidays at the time, has flown back from Hong Kong to Sydney. “Jamie is an only child and his mother is extremely distraught.”

Mr Gao was born in Sydney and was completing a business degree at the University of Technology, where he was a capable and good student.

Police investigations of friends, family and associates paint a picture of a fairly normal young man who didn’t have lots of money or a lavish lifestyle.

Friend Jessica Yun said on social media: “He hasn’t contacted us or anything, me and my friends are worried sick.”

Robbery and Serious Crime Squad commander Det-Supt Luke Moore addresses the media regarding Jamie Gao’s disappearance. Source: News Corp Australia

At the same time the then cop Roger Rogerson was putting criminals behind bars, he was a willing participant in many of the crimes.

After chalking up 13 bravery awards in the ’80s, his world quickly fell apart and he was jailed for a number of offences in the 1990s. In 2005 he and his wife were convicted of lying in 2005 to the Police Integrity Commission in 1999. He served another year in jail.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...tudent-jamie-gao/story-fni0xqrc-1226931127931

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We have mates who know the bloke who apparently got murdered personally, sad times but when you mess with the big boys it gets risky...

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its funny we were talking about Roger & the Blue Murder movie last night.

Roger has a real interesting life!

So do you know Mr Goa?

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Nah never met him though we know mates of his, if he was a drug dealer and trying to gang bang he messed with the wrong people

JAYDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Blue murder a must watch:grinning: loved it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Blue murder a must watch:grinning: loved it...

It was band initially due to the Wood Royal Commission.

When they took people fishing they had a much different technique. Here is a snippet!

[video=youtube;eNGhisQsf3Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNGhisQsf3Q[/video]

JAYDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lol shes a wild old show:grinning: cant find my copy ill have 2 buy the dvd from jb or somewhere...

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sad, drug deal gone wrong. Interesting to hear roger rogerson associate with all this, he's old school corrupted cop

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
An Asian doing a drug deal on Arab rd, always gonna end in tears

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Theres no loyalty amongst thieves and criminals.

Amazing the number of people who are the victims of a crime, yet involved in crime themselves.

The drugs trade is probably the most unforgiving and ruthless of them.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nice work, how do you kill a dumb twenty year old?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Sounds like the kid was in over his head. According to ABC Rogerson is suspected of being one of the drivers.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Theres no loyalty amongst thieves and criminals.

Amazing the number of people who are the victims of a crime, yet involved in crime themselves.

The drugs trade is probably the most unforgiving and ruthless of them.
Thats one thing that is good around here, people who get shot and etc are usually involved with gangs not random normal Joes. Drugs are big business and cost alot to get started, screw up and some people won't give two ****s what happen to you or your family.

Nice work, how do you kill a dumb twenty year old?
Money lol, he went to my uni and to be honest he looked like a gronk/***. He wanted to gang bang and made mistakes, 20 years old and he was trying to hang with the big boys lol...

Sounds like the kid was in over his head. According to ABC Rogerson is suspected of being one of the drivers.

Yup he was probably desperate for money or trying to impress people he was gang banging with (hearing how he was telling people it was a big secret thing and shit) and got mixed up with people who don't tolerate young idiots

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I doubt Rogerson was a driver. He is now a 73 years old man that just does shows based on the past.

I'm also surprised that Glen McNamara is involved based on his fights in the past at Darlinghurst.

Maybe Police pensions are just not enough or an easy quick buck was just too attractive.

I also find it hard to believe they would just wrap a dead man in a tarp & let in float just off Cronulla beach. That sounds like the work of amateurs!

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
When I used to live in lakemba, this lebo neighbour of mine offered me $ 1000 cash, to take a "parcel" and deliver it to a guy in city. I asked him to give me sometime to think about it but he wanted me to do the job straightaway.... I wanted to check how many years you get if you are busted with drugs for the first time.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Thats one thing that is good around here, people who get shot and etc are usually involved with gangs not random normal Joes. Drugs are big business and cost alot to get started, screw up and some people won't give two ****s what happen to you or your family.
From personal opinion, thats why some bikie groups are a little pissed off at the "next generation" of bikies.

Since Jesus was a boy bikies have been involved in the drug trade, but kept their noses clean, kept their heads down, and had rules about who you could hit, how you could hit them, and most of all to do it without drawing attention or dragging the public into it. Family were also off limits.

These days though, those rules are out the window, and innocent family homes are getting shot up. That's why many of the old timers have the shits at the "newbies" these days.

At least that's how I see it (someone with absolutely no knowledge of the drug trade or bikies in general).

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Apparently they have captured him on cctv walking into a warehouse with the victim and later seen carrying his body wrapped in a blue tarpaulin.
Looks like it was "blue murder" to me.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
So some "big boys" of the underworld were stupid enough to be seen on CCTV going into a warehouse with the victim, then seen carrying him out in a tarp after they killed it. Then got even more stupid by dumping his body at a heavily populated beach.

What a weird story.

Status
Not open for further replies.