Rod Griffin signs with Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At first i thought WTF,30 Y old
Have never seen him play so cannot be too critical.
We can only assume that our coaching staff thinks he still has something to offer as a forward.
At the end of the day,i just hope that Rod takes up the ball really hard and makes good yards.
This is his last chance to prove himself and cement a spot in the top grade.
He could potentially have 2/3 years to go,there are other excellent 30 plus players running around.
Good luck Rod and show us you worth.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It doesn't hurt to have an old hard nut hanging around the club. Might even teach those young pups a few tricks.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I get the feeling he might surprise us all. papua new guineans have a very different physique to white or polynesian people, pure muscle, naturally. hard as stone!! not as big as polynesians, but they develop differently. I cant for the life of me remember his name, maybe stanley gene? He played until he was 39 or something. Apparently no one, including him by reports, actually knew his age. He was playing in ESL from memory, and represented PNG for ever.
Maybe he is just hitting his peak?......
Glass half full i guess

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wasn't this signing a cheaper alternative to the release of loud parrot lol

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
and the club sent an email to its members about this important signing

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Atleast he doesn't stop......he has to be stopped!
Yeah, he certainly surprised me. Keeps going forward and doesn't throw a bad pass or offload.

This is probably a rush of shit to the brain but when I watched his highlights clip I wondered "Could this bloke be a smaller version of Petero Civoniceva"?

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You guys do realise his highlights package was for 3 years ago right

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You guys do realise his highlights package was for 3 years ago right
His highlights package pretty much confirms the comments from his coach at the Jets even if its not terribly recent. I doubt were paying him a huge amount, so if out works out, great. If it doesn't, then is no great loss. I'd nearly guarantee he will have more fans than T-rex did when he leaves.

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's interesting the clubs website described him as 'lock'. He's played all his footy as a front rower in the past. There is no doubt he has a high work rate and maybe the club has a plan. I've woken up positive.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's interesting the clubs website described him as 'lock'. He's played all his footy as a front rower in the past. There is no doubt he has a high work rate and maybe the club has a plan. I've woken up positive.
He plays prop at any other club and under any other coach but not at the Bulldogs, Des loves a third prop at lock........

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys see him another prop! hasler thinks he just signed a back up halfback on the cheap!

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Prop forward mate... never played first grade. Toiler, good motor. Not flash at all. I guess he has been brought in to add some experience to NSW cup
Sorry - I got that wrong - I must be thinking of someone else - I m thinking there was 2nd row from PNG playing for tigers - I'm old I have these moments / hours. At least he has a good motor.
For my own sanity was he named in west tigers teams and then left out on game day?

Status
Not open for further replies.