Administrator
Reaction score
*NEW DATES* Melbourne: 29 August Adelaide: 30 August Sydney: 31 August

For Immediate Release

6th August, 2008

VISA APPROVED!

Controversial Rapper “The Game” has visa granted

Plus change of line up announced

Tour dates changed to ensure fan accessibility to the biggest urban experience of 2007

One of the world’s most prolific hip hop artists, The Game, has been given the green light by Australian Immigration authorities to co-headline the Roc Tha Block Tour 2007 to be staged in Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide and Auckland, New Zealand with R&B chart topper Akon’s visa in the final stages of processing.

The promoters announced today that a decision was made to reschedule the dates of all the shows in the best interest of ticket holders and those looking to attend the shows. It was a difficult decision to make but they needed assurance that all necessary requirements had been met by the immigration authorities.

As they are committed to producing the best possible show for the fans of urban music in both Australia and New Zealand they have had to make some line up changes to ensure that patrons are still seeing 5 acts on this bill. Both Juelz Santana and MIMS are unable to make the new dates due to schedule conflicts in the U.S, therefore they have worked hard in replacing both of them with equally credible names in the urban music industry.

Latino Hip Hop artist, Pitbull has now replaced rapper Juelz Santana. The feel good dancefloor filler is excited about coming to play the shows and says “the change of dates has been a blessing in disguise for me because I had been hearing so much about the tour and was really wanting to be apart of it, but I had already been booked for concert dates elsewhere, now I am able to bring the latino energy to the shows”. He will be performing all his hits including “Toma” and his new single “Go Girl” (featuring Trina).

In replacement of Mims is multi-platinum R&B artist, Sisqo. He is best known for being the lead singer of R&B group, Dru Hill but not more so than when exploded onto the charts with the worldwide hit “Thong Song” spawning a “Sisqo” craze internationally. The album “Enter the Dragon” went on to sell 6 million copies globally. He lived up to the success of the debut single with a string of hits including the number one ballad “Incomplete” as well as the dancefloor smash “How many licks” (featuring Lil’ Kim).

“This is by far the biggest urban music experience ever staged in Australia and New Zealand. An incredible 30 million records have been sold by this collective group of entertainers and they’ve also spent more than 75 weeks in the top 10 of the Australian singles charts,” Mr Cross said

Rap powerhouse The Game, who is enjoying success with his current single “Wouldn’t Get Far” (featuring another prolific rapper; Kanye West) released from his multi-platinum sophomore album “Doctor’s Advocate” has said “I’ve heard a lot of good things about this event and I’m ready to come and Roc tha Block, the West Coast way – a live show full of energy and great hip hop”

In a recent visit to Australia, Vin Rock of the pioneer rap group, Naughty by Nature stated;

“I had a great time promoting the tour and want the fans to know we’ll all be back in August to bring the house down in each city we visit”.

All the artists at the centre of the event have pledged to give Aussie music fans an experience to remember. The tour promoters of the annual event are confident that fans who attend these concerts will have an experience that they will not forget.

In an added bonus, The Game will visit Australia and New Zealand in early August to prepare for the tour that will see him do a number of in-store appearances as well attend the Urban Music Awards as a guest presenter (further formal press release to follow).

New tour dates and ticketing details

Venue
Date
Ticket Agency
Website
Price Range

Vodafone Arena

Melbourne
29 August
Ticketek
Ticketek.com.au
$97.50 - $137.50

Adelaide Entertainment Centre
30 August
Ticketek
Ticketek.com.au
$97.50 - $125.00

Sydney Entertainment Centre
31 August
Ticketmaster
Ticketmaster.com.au
$97.50 - $137.50

Vector Arena

Auckland
1 September
Ticketmaster
Ticketmaster.co.nz
$69.00 - $129.50

For more information about the tour, the artists, or how to buy tickets, simply head to: www.rocthablocktour.com

For further information (Sydney & Adelaide only), please contact:

India Bent

Tel: +61 2 9522 4407

Mob: +61 400 608 066

Email: India@happybash.com.au

For further information (Melbourne & Auckland only), please contact:

Elly Hargreaves

Tel: +61 3 9909 7832

Mob: +61 401 502 051

Email: e.hargreaves@haystac.com.au

Ticketing Disclosures

Sydney Entertainment Centre and Ticketmaster

“Current tickets to Roc That Block remain valid for the new date. If you require a refund because you cannot attend the new date and you purchased your tickets over the phone or by internet, please send your tickets to “Roc Tha Block Refunds”, GPO Box 762, Melbourne VIC 3001. Tickets purchased at Ticketmaster outlets must be returned to the point of purchase. All requests for refunds must be received prior to the rescheduled show i.e. by 30th August, 2007.

Adelaide Entertainment Centre and Ticketek

All tickets purchased for the original show date of August 13th will be valid for the new date. No ticket exchange is required. Refunds available from Ticketek Adelaide Head Office Agency

118 Port Road, Hindmarsh or mailed to GPO Box 1610, Sydney NSW 2001.

Mailed refunds need to be received by Ticketek Sydney before the new show date.

Refunds will be available until the date date of the new show (30 Aug).

Melbourne Vodafone Arena and Ticketek

All tickets are valid for the new performance. If current ticket holders are unable to attend the new performance, refunds are available before 29 August 2007, by returning the tickets to point of purchase. For any further questions, please contact Ticketek on 132 849 or go to www.ticketek.com.au

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
The Game pfffft thinks he is better than fidddyyy. Pitbull is worth the admission alone lol

Mr Bulldogs

Kennel Legend
Administrator
Reaction score
The Game pfffft thinks he is better than fidddyyy. Pitbull is worth the admission alone lol
Juelz Santana and mims over pitbull and sisqo. If Akon got his Visa it would have been the initial line up.

I cant even understand what 50 spits, he raps like he has a c*ck in his mouth or something.

Hammer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he is better than fifty

thats better actually, it's a Friday night now instead of Sunday night

Mr Bulldogs

Kennel Legend
Administrator
Reaction score
he is better than fifty

thats better actually, it's a Friday night now instead of Sunday night
Now theres a chance of an after party. Makes it easier with no work the next day

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
pffft yeah well i think theyve both gone crap but i rate 50 cent higher, besides i'd never go watch a bloke who disses some1 when they brought them up

Mr Bulldogs

Kennel Legend
Administrator
Reaction score
pffft yeah well i think theyve both gone crap but i rate 50 cent higher, besides i'd never go watch a bloke who disses some1 when they brought them up
Game has many pre-g unit tracks and was unsigned hype on the westcoast long before g-unit. He was recommended by dre when 50 was looking for flavour from the west. The Game was always going to be big, fiddy didnt like it when we did become big. He was signed to Aftermath anyway.
50 has no respect in the rap game, no one likes him only the 10-16 yr olds that listen to his music. His movie was a dud his life is a lie. Ask Nas, Fat Joe, Jada etc etc etc

I dont see a problem in liking 50 cent if his style appeals to you then definatly you should listen to his music. But stating something without the facts is different.

Hammer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brought them up? 50 is nothing, nobody. Dre & Em made him, without them he'd be poor and nothing.

Game was already signed and getting hype with his mixtapes, he created a buzz without a single like NWA did. lol

Game's a geniuine MC, he tells a story with his rhymes and 50's just mumbles sh!t about being rich and taking steroids

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Game has many pre-g unit tracks and was unsigned hype on the westcoast long before g-unit. He was recommended by dre when 50 was looking for flavour from the west. The Game was always going to be big, fiddy didnt like it when we did become big. He was signed to Aftermath anyway.
50 has no respect in the rap game, no one likes him only the 10-16 yr olds that listen to his music. His movie was a dud his life is a lie. Ask Nas, Fat Joe, Jada etc etc etc

I dont see a problem in liking 50 cent if his style appeals to you then definatly you should listen to his music. But stating something without the facts is different.
like i said both 2 me a crap rappers but if i had 2 chose 1 it would b better.
No1 is ever gonna replace Tupac in the rap business. His lyrics were meaning and he was a legend

M

MikeyP..

Lupe Fiasco is comin to Sydney this month.....cant farkin wait...:D

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
i'd go except these concerts attracts half of Penrith. Way too many try hards and people with no clue. PLus the line up isnt that great besides Sisqo.

Would love to see Sisqo but i wont buy tickets just for him coz he'll perform maybe 20 minutes and thats not worth 97 bucks.

iWahash

Hannant
Reaction score
The Game > 50 cent any minute of the day. 50 cent is a *** who thinks he's tupac or something. he isn't rap. he's pop. and **** pop too.

Status
Not open for further replies.