Roberts vs marshall

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
Is this the challenge to get Roberts to lift his game...an out of form Robert vs an In form Marshall....it could be disastrous or it could be what he really needs...every1 remember Roberts vs Lockyer last year? how can we forget....
Roberts is a tremendous ball runner...big and strong on the ball...but lets face it...hes no playmaker...he never has been..and i dnt no why we keep persisting with him at 5/8...we need to get him in the backrow or off the bench....hes much better out of dummy half or outwide...can break the line...but he just cant cope under the pressure of trying to set trys up...either way I hope he lifts this Friday nite....i am not too sure how much longer he will last at 5/8 before barba gets a start...

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a miss match.

Benji is in the best form of his career atm and Roberts...well his Ben Roberts.

When he wants to, he can be one of the best 5/8s in the NRL and then he can be the worst 5/8 in the NRL.

Take your pick.

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Is this the challenge to get Roberts to lift his game...an out of form Robert vs an In form Marshall....it could be disastrous or it could be what he really needs...every1 remember Roberts vs Lockyer last year? how can we forget....
Roberts is a tremendous ball runner...big and strong on the ball...but lets face it...hes no playmaker...he never has been..and i dnt no why we keep persisting with him at 5/8...we need to get him in the backrow or off the bench....hes much better out of dummy half or outwide...can break the line...but he just cant cope under the pressure of trying to set trys up...either way I hope he lifts this Friday nite....i am not too sure how much longer he will last at 5/8 before barba gets a start...
This will be interesting to see im sure Roberts wants to play for NZ and with Kieran Foran in great form may struggle to do so. Last time they played Marshall pulled Roberts pants down all night and the dogs as heartbreaking as it was lost the minor premiership and got smashed. To be honest i would have Stagg mark marshall all night in defence and half Roberts in attack. If Roberts is ever going to proove something has to be now i would give him one last chance before replacing him with Barba or Blake Green

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
Marshall forsure he has more speed and skill than Roberts ever will

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
ROFL! Epic mismatch of epic proportions. Let's hope Marshall has a below par game, esp if he is going halfback it might help us :grinning:

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
the added pressure of no real halfbak for the tigers will play on marshalls mind..but his game has become much more controlled and patient this season...he is in great form...all roberts has to do..is run hard and pass the ball to morris...and morris needs to pass to goodwin...havent seen that combination much this season wen last season it was 1 of thebest in the NRL....if roberts has a shocker...barba is sure to get a start...it may be a mismatch...but being underdogs is the best way to go into the game...is any1 goin 2 the game? as a season member...im sik of goin2 our home games and watching our form let alone travel to the SFS(not that its far) but still you get my point...it will be a sea of Orange...and I just dont know if its worth going...its live on channel 9 anyway?

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
U have to go and support the dogs on the night. Best stadium atmosphere but the true dogs supporters are there when we are winning and when we are getting smashed

filto666

Doginator
Reaction score
Roberts is a ball running 5/8, he has a kicking game and if he plays to his strengths he will beat anyone.

But when he tries setting people up and running side ways Marshall is going to make him look like a window licker!

kimmorley needs to get in his ear and just say "Run the ****ing ball"!

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
Habibsta ur rite...all the fans should be getting out there...but Its very depressing watching this form..when we all know he well we can play......i will be there...but ffs...they have to put a better effort in this week...and for gods sake...stop missing tackles!!!

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The key is to wrap up the ball and stop the offloads. Warriors offloaded so much we had to make 1-2 more tackles for every play. If we wrap up the ball then we make less tackles and have more energy to not miss as much. Very simple concept but for some reason alot harder to execute.

As for Roberts I think it's definately his last chance before barba gets a start. The only thing is he isn't good under pressure so I'm not expecting him to have a blinder. All he needs to do though is attract a couple defenders and get the ball out to Morris.

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
First Morris has to Catch second morris has to pass two skills which have eluded him in the last two weeks

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
The key is to wrap up the ball and stop the offloads. Warriors offloaded so much we had to make 1-2 more tackles for every play. If we wrap up the ball then we make less tackles and have more energy to not miss as much. Very simple concept but for some reason alot harder to execute.

As for Roberts I think it's definately his last chance before barba gets a start. The only thing is he isn't good under pressure so I'm not expecting him to have a blinder. All he needs to do though is attract a couple defenders and get the ball out to Morris.
what are the odds we dont do this lol

LebaneseBulldog

Bulldogs
Reaction score
The tigers defence isn't that flashy but there attack is machine

Farah is in very good form compared to Ennis but i believe Ennis will lift

Roberts is khara compared to Marshall atm, Marshall has basically dominated every 5/8 he has come up against this season, he keeps gainging momentum. He had an off game last week in the first half but his second half was awesome. I fear him tbh

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
The tigers defence isn't that flashy but there attack is machine

Farah is in very good form compared to Ennis but i believe Ennis will lift

Roberts is khara compared to Marshall atm, Marshall has basically dominated every 5/8 he has come up against this season, he keeps gainging momentum. He had an off game last week in the first half but his second half was awesome. I fear him tbh
u have to remember they have no halfback at the moment...and without a decent passer of the ball to Marshall 2nd of the ruck...then Marshall will feel the pressure...and he usually crumbles then...but then again he is a freaky player...and has consistenly pulled out magic for seasons (unlike hayne)....sure we shuld be worried....but can it really get any worse atm?

LebaneseBulldog

Bulldogs
Reaction score
u have to remember they have no halfback at the moment...and without a decent passer of the ball to Marshall 2nd of the ruck...then Marshall will feel the pressure...and he usually crumbles then...but then again he is a freaky player...and has consistenly pulled out magic for seasons (unlike hayne)....sure we shuld be worried....but can it really get any worse atm?
Yeah with that taken into consideration it greatly healps our chances! But look at us atm, one week we are pumping the other team by 60, then all the other weeks we are flat as a tack. it is an attitude thing and if we click, we can be disastrous.

But yeah agreed bro, Marshall has alot on his plate now, this will test him for sure

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Marshall doesn't decide to be like a fragile glass vase in this match, he will easily our run and out play Roberts.

Unless Roberts plays superbly (LOL), he is going to be left red-faced and standing in Marshalls wake. No contest. I hope Roberts does step up and try his best though.

Status
Not open for further replies.