Roberts Re - Signs for 2 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Source www.bulldogs.com.au

Mitsubishi Electric Bulldogs player Ben Roberts has agreed to terms with the Club extending his stay at the 'Dogs until the
end of 2009.

Roberts, 21, joined the club in 2006 and made his NRL debut in round eight against the Warriors. He has subsequently played 13 first grade games and 33 club games for the Bulldogs, with a points tally of 182 (15
tries and 61 goals).

Commenting on the re-signing, Bulldogs coach Steve Folkes said, "Ben has been great for us over the last season-and-a-half, and he will only get better with more experience.

Ben Roberts said, "I'm very grateful for the opportunities that Steve Folkes has given me in my time here and I look forward to learning more from the coaches and the senior players.

"The spirit and unity that exists across the Bulldogs club makes it a great place to be a part of."

H

Haztrick

Fantastic news. Now we need to get our hands on a hooker and maybe a utility back or another prop and we'll be set!

Matty B

Reaction score
Good news, hes starting to show some promise and is hopefully a player we can build our future around as he develops more.

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
Good news, he will get a chance at starting once Shifty goes and have 1 year to prove himself!

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
great... we need some flair in attack and roberts resigning is a blessing

BILLYA-BULLDOG

DOGS 4 LIFE
Reaction score
Good signing lets hope he can full fill his potential
Now lets get OHara,Sims & Aiton then were set

Sull

Whitaker Eye
Reaction score
They've done an awesome job of re-signing talent this year, I think just about everyone I've wanted to stay at the Dogs has been re-signed. Minus the McNichol unfortune.

Faz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
anyone know $$$$

Id love to know what will be happening with him, shifty and DJ

farenhyt

Kennel Established
Reaction score
AWESOME!!!!!!!!! now we got some depth!!! loving it, top signing doggies!!!!

iWahash

Hannant
Reaction score
YES YES YES! This is good news. I'm liking the re-signings this year. I love it. Good depth. This guy should stay at 5/8th. very good news.

Faz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I reckon, as folkes doesnt really select 2 hookers when we have a full strenth team, I think ben will be used as a utility (Hooker, centre) and be a backup for the halves if needed.

Sull

Whitaker Eye
Reaction score
Man, imagine if he left. How shallow would the halves depth be.

Status
Not open for further replies.