Bulldogs 13+
Bulldogs 1-12
Draw
Warriors 1-12
Warriors 13+

tomdavies

Waterboy
Reaction score
Warriors in New Zealand will be a tough game especially without key playmakers Kimmorley and Ennis. I see Holdsworth and Roberts being the keys in this game for the Bulldogs. If they play well, we'll go along way towards winning.

A big factor that won't go for the Warriors is their skipper being out for Origin. He add's a lot not only in his football but his leadership qualities. NZ are a different team with him and they'll definatley be more vulnerable without him.

Bulldogs 1-12

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Think the Warriors will take us here if things don't go our way throughout the week

I don't look forward to a Holdsworth/Roberts combo either so i do hope Barba gets a shot ahead of DJ. Barba is a halfback or 5/8 and while he shouldn't be near a bench spot should definitely get a shot in the halves.

Moronic Musings

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think the Warriors will take us here if things don't go our way throughout the week

I don't look forward to a Holdsworth/Roberts combo either so i do hope Barba gets a shot ahead of DJ. Barba is a halfback or 5/8 and while he shouldn't be near a bench spot should definitely get a shot in the halves.
Lalalala, you know what, I like you as a poster. You got a very good point of view and don't always look at 1 perspective. Good on ya.

Pa-28

Bring back the BIFF!!!
Reaction score
It's going to be our worst looking line-up of the year. Reminiscent of last year oh god!!!

1. Patten
2. El Masri
3. Morris
4. Millard
5. Goodwin**
6. Roberts
7. Holdsworth
8. Hickey
9. Michael Sullivan / Nathan Smith
10. Hodgson
11. Eastwood**
12. Ryan
13. Stagg

14. Morrin
15. Gordon
16. Kite
17. Barba / Danny Williams

** if suspended im guessing Danny Williams in for Eastwood and Nanai in for Goodwin. That is a deadset shocking team :(

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bulldogs to win by a conversion in this one. The Warriors are hungry.

The H

G Unit
Reaction score
With Hannant, Petero, Myles and potentially Harrison out for QLD I would say Stagg will also make Origin 3.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
With Hannant, Petero, Myles and potentially Harrison out for QLD I would say Stagg will also make Origin 3.
hannant, petero and myles are props.

The only position he can take is harrison however parker is more than likely ahead of stagg and since they have the bye they might sway that way also

The H

G Unit
Reaction score
Myles is a utility, my guess is Thaiday will move up front with a backrow of Costigan, Crocker and Johnson. Stagg on the bench as the forward utility.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Parker was 18th man for game 1 and Costigan was 18th man for game 2 who are both back rowers. They will be in before stagg would imo

The H

G Unit
Reaction score
Personal opinion I guess. I just don't rate Parker, obviously big Mal thinks different. He has four origin wins as coach I have none so the selectors may favour his opinion.

aph

Waterboy
Reaction score
Morris is in for Lyon in SOO 3.

1. Patten
2. El Masri
3. Nanai
4. Millard
5. Crisp
6. Roberts
7. Holdsworth
8. Hickey
9. Sullivan
10. Hodgson
11. Gordon
12. Ryan
13. Stagg

14. Morrin
15. Barba
16. Kite
17. Williams

woahh that couldn't be right.. or you could even put Gordon in the centres and Williams in the starting. Hmmmm i don't know ay its going to be interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
gordon did the job when morris went off injured. he wont have any problems

Moronic Musings

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Patten
2. Haz
3. Millard
4. Winitana
5. Nanai
6. Roberts
7. Holdsworth
8. Hickey
9. Sullivan
10. Hodgson
11. Gordon
12. Ryan
13. Stagg

14. Morrin
15. Armit
16. Kite
17. Barba

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sunday, Mt Smart Stadium, 2pm
Referees: Jason Robinson, Gerard Sutton
Head to head: Bulldogs 12 Warriors 10, Drawn 2
Last clash: Warriors 40 bt Bulldogs 20 at ANZ Stadium (Rd 19, 2008)
TAB Sportsbet: Warriors $1.40, Bulldogs $2.90
FootyTAB: Bulldogs by +7.5 points

The Bulldogs have had good luck all season when it comes to player unavailability. They have rarely had more than one or two regulars they couldn't call on. But their luck has run out this week, with Brett Kimmorley, Michael Ennis and Josh Morris out because of State of Origin, Ben Hannant and Jamal Idris out injured and Greg Eastwood and Bryson Goodwin out suspended. Now we will find out how much quality of depth they have. The Warriors have lost their captain, Steve Price, to Origin, and Brent Tate remains on the long-term injured list, but they get powerhouse winger Manu Vatuvei back after injury forced him out of last weekend's loss to the Broncos.

The Warriors have been a real Jekyll-and-Hyde outfit recently. Good at home, bad away. They have shut the opposition out to win their last two home games, 14-0 over the Tigers and 13-0 over the Knights, but have lost their last five away games. So they will obviously appreciate going back home. But the Bulldogs have done well at Mt Smart in recent years, winning on four of their last five trips there. The plus for the Bulldogs could be that, although they are down on playmakers and strike players out wide, if they defend as strongly as they are known to be able to they will still put themselves in with a genuine chance of winning this game, because the Warriors don't score a lot of points at the best of times. The Warriors have averaged 15.2 points per game this season, which is the lowest in the NRL. The Warriors deserve favouritism at home, but the Bulldogs have got a shot at it.

WARRIORS: Wade McKinnon, Kevin Locke, Jerome Ropati, Joel Moon, Manu Vatuvei, Lance Hohaia, Stacey Jones, Russell Packer, Ian Henderson, Sam Rapira, Simon Mannering, Lewis Brown, Micheal Luck (capt). Interchange: Aaron Heremaia, Jesse Royal, Ben Matulino, Jacob Lillyman, Ukuma Ta'ai. (One to be omitted).

BULLDOGS: Luke Patten, Hazem El Masri, Daryl Millard, Matt Utai, Bryson Goodwin, Ben Roberts, Daniel Holdsworth, Jarrad Hickey, Michael Sullivan, Michael Hodgson, Gary Warburton, Andrew Ryan (capt), David Stagg. Interchange: Brad Morrin, Chris Armit, Yileen Gordon, Greg Eastwood.

Maltese Bulldog

Waterboy
Reaction score
It will be a tough match for the dogs and hopefully will come away with the win.

Bulldogs 1-12 :grinning:

bulldogs27

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good Luck to our Bulldogs Team in NZ.
Our thoughts and good wishes are with you when
you play The Warriors tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.