Rnd 18 Post-match discussion:Bulldogs v Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
6.5/10

Threw a few good passes, made solid tackles, and kicked a few into space. Didn't take the line on anywhere near enough, and had a few lapses in judgement.

Standard performance.
Here here.

I thought he did OK. It could have been a much worse performance though. So long as I'm not seeing a dud performance from Holdsworth - it's honestly a miracle.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The halves suffered not having quality centres outside them.

Did ok with the cattle he had.

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Long kicks were good. Apart from that average.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
6.5/10

Threw a few good passes, made solid tackles, and kicked a few into space. Didn't take the line on anywhere near enough, and had a few lapses in judgement.

Standard performance.
5 for mine IMO mostly because he kept dropping off tackles..

Howsie had a point when he said he couldn't tackle...Holdsworth was okay when he first got back into FG, but has dropped off completely since the Newcastle game (he had a few good touches there as well)

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He made 40 tackles according to NRL.com

So based on that i say he did ok. I think I rubbished him in another thread but his defensive workload and long kicks can not be questioned for this game. Havent seen many halves pulling off 40 tackles in a game recently. If Benji did that i think he would suffer 3 consecutive dislocations in a row.

But in saying that I think roberts did outplay him. For a half back he cannot pass from left to right. That is a minor problem :p (pretty major problem)

He would struggle in the props pentathlon. lol

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
5 for mine IMO mostly because he kept dropping off tackles..

Howsie had a point when he said he couldn't tackle...Holdsworth was okay when he first got back into FG, but has dropped off completely since the Newcastle game (he had a few good touches there as well)
Maybe because he made 40 tackles.

What halfback makes that many? ;)

I bet you guys didn't realise that hey...

HazElMagic

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
he played good but he didn't have that good attacking kicks that kimmo does..but yea i guess he did alrite

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Maybe because he made 40 tackles.

What halfback makes that many? ;)

I bet you guys didn't realise that hey...
I wasn't the one bagging Holdsworth or saying he should be sacked at all..

But lately he's been dropping off tackles like it doesn't matter, and it isn't just this game.

Not saying Barba would've done any better but his tackling was far from solid IMO.

I don't see Stagg dropping off tackles like Holdsworth.

If he was making 40 tackles a game, then he really isn't doing what a halfback should be there, which is marshalling the troops and directing attack. He fails epically at that, he butchered more than one chance in the final 10 and his pass to Hazem in the early stages of the game was a total shocker.

Like i said, i don't mind him being there as a utility, but he was average which IMO is what 5/10 is.

Doggiez08

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He played ok i guess but thank god Kimmorley is back next week.

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Barba will be on the bench next week imo and I am sure Kevin Moore will give him more game time next week. But I think if he can be consistent and has right attitude in training and club commitments he will cement a spot in FG with a doubt.

Goodluck Barba =)

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
I wasn't the one bagging Holdsworth or saying he should be sacked at all..

But lately he's been dropping off tackles like it doesn't matter, and it isn't just this game.

Not saying Barba would've done any better but his tackling was far from solid IMO.

I don't see Stagg dropping off tackles like Holdsworth.

If he was making 40 tackles a game, then he really isn't doing what a halfback should be there, which is marshalling the troops and directing attack. He fails epically at that, he butchered more than one chance in the final 10 and his pass to Hazem in the early stages of the game was a total shocker.

Like i said, i don't mind him being there as a utility, but he was average which IMO is what 5/10 is.
I understand what you're saying, but you can't marshal troops and direct attack while you're defending. Remember, Holdsworth isn't even a halfback anyway.

He missed only 4 tackles today, while making 40. That's a good ratio Imo...

That pass to Hazem was intended for Millard. Daryl decided not to play at it at the last second, which is why Haz dropped it. If Daryl chose to run onto it, the pass was perfect.

He did make a couple of bad judgement calls, although his kicking and passing game was generally very good today.

Stagg is one of the best defenders in the game, so making a comparison to DJ is quite silly...

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
All I can say is that I am glad Kimmorley is back next week =)

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I understand what you're saying, but you can't marshal troops and direct attack while you're defending. Remember, Holdsworth isn't even a halfback anyway.

That pass to Hazem was intended for Millard. Daryl decided not to play at it at the last second, which is why Haz dropped it. If Daryl chose to run onto it, the pass was perfect.

He did make a couple of bad judgement calls, although his kicking and passing game was generally very good today.
In general i agree, particularly coming out of our own half, and he fed Roberts pretty well (Who didn't have the best of games either).

Well it wasn't so much as the intention of the pass, which i thought was actually smart given we had space out there, it was the fact he threw a ball that would've meant both Millard and El Masri would've gone nowhere had they even caught it. His technique is horrendous at times

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Its an expression but I will use it in certain occasions.

Howsie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Stagg is one of the best defenders in the game, so making a comparison to DJ is quite silly...
John Morris makes 30-40 tackles a game, and look how he goes. The guys that did the commentry today have a show afterwards and they were saying how Holdsworth is stuck behind Kimmorely and how the Warriors should make a play at him. The other guy, cant remember his name said no thanks we already have a few halfs that can't score the team points.

He has a decent long kicking game, but he is nothing but a solid back-up. He shouldn't be on the bench after this game either. Barba showed more in 12mins then Holdsworth has shown in 5-6 games of the bench.

2015Bulldog

Waterboy
Reaction score
John Morris makes 30-40 tackles a game, and look how he goes. The guys that did the commentry today have a show afterwards and they were saying how Holdsworth is stuck behind Kimmorely and how the Warriors should make a play at him. The other guy, cant remember his name said no thanks we already have a few halfs that can't score the team points.

He has a decent long kicking game, but he is nothing but a solid back-up. He shouldn't be on the bench after this game either. Barba showed more in 12mins then Holdsworth has shown in 5-6 games of the bench.
Barba came on and was playing against blokes who had been playing for 70 minutes of course he was going to look good and well done to him for making that bust and scoring the match winner. My worry is his defense.
Holdsworth is an average 1st grader who comes up with the odd mistake when he has to make decisions, but with kimmorley ennis etc in the side all the decision making has been taken out of his hands and it has helped him. You know what your gonna get from holdsworth and its not like were struggling to score points atm. Finding a place for everyone is a good problem to have i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.