RLW letter of the week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have a read people.

I'm sure some of you are smart enough to work out the winner !!!

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't got the copy but was told at the colloseum.

If someone posts it there I will cut and paste it. Its about Golden Point games.

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Extra Point Icing on the Cake After Draw

After watching my first live "golden point" game in round three- I've been overseas for four years- I have to say I was very impressed with how it turned out.

I've read that some would prefer to have a point each after 80 minutes as opposed to possibly taking 2 from the game. Having been in Canada for the past 12 months and watching plenty of ice hockey, I think the NRL could take something from that game in relation to golden point or "overtime" games, as Canadians call them.

Why not give both teams one point after 80 minutes and then give the golden point winner an additional point? That would mean both teams would at least get one point, which would leave fans and coaches still feeling a little dissapointed but they would still get something out of the game.
I think it's a brilliant idea and something the NRL administrators should look at in future seasons.

Hodgo
Dubbo, NSW

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
tbh, sounds like a fantastic idea.
btw, what about those ice hockey fights!!

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are awesome. First game I saw live (Calgary v Vancouver huge enemies) there were 3 fights in the first period.

More fights during the game than goals. Farkin brilliant.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Extra Point Icing on the Cake After Draw

After watching my first live "golden point" game in round three- I've been overseas for four years- I have to say I was very impressed with how it turned out.

I've read that some would prefer to have a point each after 80 minutes as opposed to possibly taking 2 from the game. Having been in Canada for the past 12 months and watching plenty of ice hockey, I think the NRL could take something from that game in relation to golden point or "overtime" games, as Canadians call them.

Why not give both teams one point after 80 minutes and then give the golden point winner an additional point? That would mean both teams would at least get one point, which would leave fans and coaches still feeling a little dissapointed but they would still get something out of the game.
I think it's a brilliant idea and something the NRL administrators should look at in future seasons.

Hodgo
Dubbo, NSW
good idea i would think... everything to play for

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
True. I like the idea and think it would be great for the game. Maybe they should also have the rule that if the winner in golden point scores a try to win then they deny the other side their point. I don't think much of the continual attempts at field goal and prefer to see good attacking plays.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This thread should probably be in the general section though. It isn't simply a Bulldogs issue.

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
I like it but it doesnt offer more of an incentive to win then the rule we got now. I actually like the current structure

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
wait so.

they play 80 mins. then do golden point. and whoever wins gets 3 points?

if thats the case dont u think some teams would play the 80mins against a **** team but keep it locked up then demolish them in golden point so they can get 3 points?

*edit

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i just read it again. 1 point each after 80, then another point for the winner.

good idea.

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
An extra point isn't incentive enough to win ? LMAO...

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
An extra point isn't incentive enough to win ? LMAO...
Whats the difference between playing for one or two?? I dont believe the loser deserves a point. Can imagine a team knocking another team out because they got more points from golden point losses. I think it has flaws

Status
Not open for further replies.