Votes: 8 6.7%
  • Manly ( des the prick Hasler)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Panthers for me. After that Roosters, Eels and Rabbits probably in that order. I don't really care about the other 2. Mine are more based of recent times.
Why the panthers bro? I actually don’t mind them.. I just can’t stand Parra or Souths.

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Growing up as I did in the 1950's and 60's when Saints won 11 comps in a row, I hated Saints with plenty of passion. The Berries as we were then known didn't beat them once during that 11 year reign. When it changed to the 4 tackle rule in 1967 we finally beat them in the 2nd last round at the old Sports Ground and then it was the happiest day of my young life when we beat them 12 to 11 in the Preliminary Final and end their reign.

While there is still a little bit of hatred there, I must say I now hate the Roosters more than Saints. One man is responsible for that hatred. His initials are NP.
Love reading what you have to say, just realised I can follow your posts. Thanks for the background story.
I like our banter rivalry with Parra and absolutely hate the Politis Roosters, I think Penrith is more a friendly rivalry Bunnies too, Wests Tigers feel more like our whipping boys when we were strong. I voted Saints because of old family and local rivalries plus the old games put us on the map (like Gbrussell was talking about).

Last edited:

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People are right when they talk about eras and also both teams staying strong as when a club weakens so does the hatred towards them (a little).

In the late 70s I'd say St George
80s Parramatta
90s St George
2000s Roosters
201Xs We lost relevance to others but maybe Rabbits
202Xs I predict Penrith or most likely the Roosters again

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I dunno, tempted to say the answer is no one at the moment. The thing about rivalries is you actually have to be competitive and win some games for it to really mean anything. Plus the real litmus test are when teams are 'up' when they face you because the match means a little bit more (eg roosters v souths). That won't really happen to us until we're back to the Bulldogs we know and love.

The Dogs v Eels rivalry in the 80s was before my time following the club so I don't really have an intense hatred of Parra as much as some supporters. The Roosters will forever be my most hated off the back of everything that happened between our club and theirs from the early 2000s. Them winning off the back of us getting kicked out in 2002, the genuine hate both sets of players had for each other, 2004 GF, crowd violence, poaching our players, the list goes on. It was super intense. The way Bulldog supporters were treated back then, especially those of middle eastern descent at a time in history where there was simmering tensions toward that community because of 9/11 turned that rivalry into an absolute powderkeg which felt like it was gonna explode. Plus it gave a lot of opposition supporters (especially Roosters supporters) a way to be racist by saying how much they can't stand 'dirty Bulldog supporters' when we all knew what that really meant and what they really wanted to say. I'm going down a rabbit hole here but you could write an entire book about that part of the club's history.
True dat, I feel ya, I can't stand them like you were saying plus the Politis business dealings they do. Sydney Bulldogs all the way mate ; )

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Its always has been the Eels the most but with the new team i think it will be the Panthers beating the smug face Ivan Cleary with the Barrett,Burton,Naden connection.
Oh i love beating Hasler too to rub it in.

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
being a bulldogs fan based in qld I see things slightly different with rivalries
I don't like the broncos, so my form of rivalry is supporting any team playing the broncos
Definitely Broncos deserve a mention, I've always felt Broncos is a big game! Being Sydney based but I used to feel that rivalry, never "hated" them but love the big games with Broncos

gregeastwood

Waterboy
Reaction score
I guess another rivalry that can be considered is Canterbury vs Manly. The 95 grand final, Des Hasler switch from both clubs and also the 2014 semis which shocked a lot of people just to be short.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Definitely Broncos deserve a mention, I've always felt Broncos is a big game! Being Sydney based but I used to feel that rivalry, never "hated" them but love the big games with Broncos
Slightly off track here. I have told this story on here once before. My wife supports the Sharks. In 2008 we decided to go to Suncorp to watch them play the Broncos on. Friday night.

They lost.

However there was a Broncos fan behind us who didn’t shut up ALL NIGHT. We were getting a bit frustrated with him but bided our time. As you found out recently I was a referee in juniors and junior reps. My wife has a pretty good knowledge of the rules And has done a little bit of coaching up to under 10’s. Eventually this clown made his mistake. A Broncos player kicked the ball in general play, and you could see chalk fly up as it landed on the sideline on the full. Touch judge correctly called out on the full.

The clown behind us yelled out that ball was in, it landed on the line.

My wife beat me to the punch by milliseconds, “Mate they’re not playing tennis out there”. His wife looked incredulous, but it was a case of job done, and we didn’t hear from him for the rest of the game, as there was only about 10 minutes left.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Eels long term, Roosters more recently, Panthers beginning.

Definitely Parra if I had to choose one, but I hate the Roosters most.

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Why the panthers bro? I actually don’t mind them.. I just can’t stand Parra or Souths.
Well for me one of my best friends supports them (so some cheeky banter back and fourth, hard to win as a doggies fan currently :P ). We signed their assistant coach in Baz. Gus who contributed the most to their clubs success (imo). Players like Burton (and the drama around signing him/getting a release), Naden. I think we bring a lot of fight to the Panthers games (just everything but the score board). The second time we played them last year besides DWZ's brain explosion and a few other moments we were quite competitive.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Growing up as I did in the 1950's and 60's when Saints won 11 comps in a row, I hated Saints with plenty of passion. The Berries as we were then known didn't beat them once during that 11 year reign. When it changed to the 4 tackle rule in 1967 we finally beat them in the 2nd last round at the old Sports Ground and then it was the happiest day of my young life when we beat them 12 to 11 in the Preliminary Final and end their reign.

While there is still a little bit of hatred there, I must say I now hate the Roosters more than Saints. One man is responsible for that hatred. His initials are NP.
I could have posted these exact words... except I would add that roosters fans are just ignorant c..ts who think they are entitled to privilege.....

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
People are right when they talk about eras and also both teams staying strong as when a club weakens so does the hatred towards them (a little).

In the late 70s I'd say St George
80s Parramatta
90s St George
2000s Roosters
201Xs We lost relevance to others but maybe Rabbits
202Xs I predict Penrith or most likely the Roosters again
definitely Parra first and then Souths, are their supporters hate us as well.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
being a bulldogs fan based in qld I see things slightly different with rivalries
I don't like the broncos, so my form of rivalry is supporting any team playing the broncos
Yeah im from qld and i hate all qld teams except titans. There fans are so fucking annoying and dumb.

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
To me parramatta would always be our rivals (battle of the west ) but the Penrith rivalry is gaining momentum and soon we’re gonna overtake their tigers rivalry and we will be there biggest rivalry because from Gus to Baz burton kikau naden and I bet we will also get Liam Martin in 2024 Gus knows him very well and Baz is the kids uncle so Yh…