RIP Terry Hill!

KoolDavid

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Former NSW and Australian centre Terry Hill has died in the Philippines.
It is understood he passed away from a heart attack.

A rugged centre with a colourful background, Hill had been spending more time in the Philippines during recent years.

He has been working with a charity overseas.

Hill’s family have been notified of his death.

He played 246 first grade games for Souths, Easts, Wests, Manly and Wests Tigers between 1990 and 2003.

“He was a typical kid from Erskineville,” said former Souths teammate Craig Coleman.

“Terry was a fantastic South Sydney junior and we looked after him when he came into grade.

“He was a tremendous footballer. I know his whole family. It’s very sad, devastating.

“He was loved by everyone.”

Hill represented NSW in 14 Origin matches between 1993 and 2000, also represented Australia 13 times including at the 1995 World Cup.

More to come...

Source - https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...GbmBFaIYAQjosQCj-K6xc3PmNmlU4ZFnt_PshawfZOJ6q

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Geez that’s young.

Was a real character of the game in the 90’s with his signature lisp and laugh.

Was also the bloke that got the NRL draft system canned when he refused to play for a club he was going to be drafted to.

Will always remember a joke he told: ‘I got a call from a girl this morning who said ‘Why don’t you come around, no-one is home’. So I did and sure enough - nobody was home!’ :tearsofjoy:.

RIP

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Very sad to hear. He wasn't ever my favourite player. But his foot show segments were amusing.

RIP Terry. Condolences to those who were close to him.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wonder what he was getting up to in the Philippines

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What a shock. He was a great player, tough, skilful loved a bit of biffo and was a great character. R.I.P. Tezza

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Know a guy who played Aussie schoolboys with him. Reckons he was standout player in that team by a long way. Best player he had ever seen. Very sad news RIP Tezza