Riding unregistered dirtbikes

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I understand that its illegal to ride a unregsitered dirt bikes on a road, but if its on council property parks etc, can police still fine you?
Now im talking about the small kids dirt bikes, not the big dirtbikes where people act like hooligans.

From what i heard by other riders on the field, police usually a cool about it and just tell the riders to go home and get off the field, but can police still fine you on a local park if he is in a bad mood?

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think your answer is in your question.

Re read your question. Might be better off reaching out to the local police station and asking the question.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes they can and they will you just need the agro having a bad day one and you'll get unlicensed unregoed and uninsured about $999 plus court costs

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course they can! Any unregistered vehicle is considered the same. With small kids you’re more likely to be let off with a warning, but are still liable if an accident occurs.

I’ve heard of people (possibly teens) being fined when riding unregistered on fire trails. Also, one group rode off after one/some of them crashed into another rider going the opposite direction. They rode off because they were unregistered and worried they’d get in trouble, leaving this poor bugger in a bad way. I think he survived but he was incapacitated, hence from memory took a while to be found and emergency services called.

I’ve ridden dirt roads and trails unregistered so I’m not going to preach, but yeah, it’s not a good idea, especially when others are around.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just do it right and get that registerable TT350 for 2G and do some fire trails

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The difficult thing is afaik kids trail bikes cannot be registered, so the only legal options are probably private property or bike riding parks. I’ve been to a couple of those. One near Cattai is good if you’re in Sydney.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Cops wont book you if your kids are riding and they're not tearing up the place.
They might ask you to move on if a narcy neighbour has complained about the noise though?
Let them ride.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Kids are always riding illegally on quad bikes and dirt bikes around Bankstown.

I seen akid stack it a few weeks ago and the bike squashed him.
I had a quiet chuckle.

Also can't wait to see those kids who ride around Punchbowl get cleaned up.

I'll be sure to upload it to kaotic when the day comes!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who needs rego, always wanted to ride a motocross bike up Hunter street