Ricky Gervais boat people joke

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Anyone watch the recent Netflix special comedian Ricky Gervais released.
He went hard at woke big time and is obviously coping a bit of online backlash from the far left who are in meltdown over it all.
All easy to find with a google search.

I'm not going to bother posting links, don't really want to promote the rubbish.

But I did think the off season needs some discussion, and given the demographic of people on this forum I thought it could be a good discussion point.

I'm interested in the middle ground here from intelligent thinkers.
Not racist far right haters, are far left twits with no clue.

I want to discuss the facts,
Like are the illegal boats just full of fit fighting age men, or are they actually venerable woman and children and elderly seeking actual asylum.

I did a bit of googling and it appears the point of the joke is true, it's mostly 87% allegedly on one report I found that it is fighting age men.

What happens to these men if authority catch them?

Where are they all living? The ones who don't get caught?

Anyone know? Or have any thoughts opinions and the like.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’m not sure if I found the same joke. If that’s offensive they mustn’t watch a lot of comedy. The people smugglers are parasites who have no concern for the safety of their “customers” and people need to remember it’s not cheap to pay a people smuggler therefore, it’s not the most vulnerable on the boats, it’s the ones who have money

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes I did see it.
I don't know why there would be any outrage?
As per usual he told the truth and wasn't trying to be funny.

Speaking of Gervais I had no idea he used to be a cross between David Bowie and New Order?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think there would be a number of factors to the high percentage being male. My guess is that the primary reason would be that it's easier for males to escape in many countries. And if there are women and children travelling, they're doing it with a male. The reasons being:

1) I'm almost certain men are more likely to get work than women in all 3rd world countries, so they have more money to be able to pay human traffickers

2) in many Middle Eastern and African countries, women aren't allowed to do much without a man being there

If you looked at any travelling party then it would most likely be single males, and families that include the father. So men are always going to be over represented.

Them being fighting age also makes sense because they're much more likely to be able to get work to get the money, and much more likely to survive the trip.

I haven't looked too deep into it but this is just my guess. I'm sure there's many other factors.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I spent 7 years in the navy, majority of the time posted to patrol boats out of Cairns and Darwin patrolling our northern borders intercepting illegal entry vessels. I was apart of 100’s of intercepts and can tell you 95% of the boats were full of 18-30 year old men from the Middle East. The majority of the men were educated, wore brand clothing and spoke good English. The lot of them were queue jumpers holding up other families from overseas going through the process the right way. Anyone attempting to illegally go to another country should be returned and never allowed back.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I spent 7 years in the navy, majority of the time posted to patrol boats out of Cairns and Darwin patrolling our northern borders intercepting illegal entry vessels. I was apart of 100’s of intercepts and can tell you 95% of the boats were full of 18-30 year old men from the Middle East. The majority of the men were educated, wore brand clothing and spoke good English. The lot of them were queue jumpers holding up other families from overseas going through the process the right way. Anyone attempting to illegally go to another country should be returned and never allowed back.
100%
Brilliant post mate

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I honestly struggle to accept the term “asylum seekers” with regards to Australia.
we’re an island in the middle of the two largest oceans on the planet.
To get here from any war torn country, you’d have to pass through 10 other safe countries. These people aren’t seeking asylum, they’re seeking Australia and we have official channels for that.
I’d be happy to triple our migrant intake from these places, as long as we turn every illegal back.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Israel and Murica are doing a hell of a job destabilising the region.

Gervais is too much of a cuck to address the core of the issue.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Israel and Murica are doing a hell of a job destabilising the region.

Gervais is too much of a cuck to address the core of the issue.
What about the massacre at the music festival? I don’t get too involved in middle eastern conflicts because frankly they are always at war but that massacre doesn’t seem to get talked about anymore

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here.
Imma be honest
Almost all refugees just looking for a better life and only pick nations with sicc socisl benefits
And it’s encouraged by soros Rt who want to weaken western nations

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I honestly struggle to accept the term “asylum seekers” with regards to Australia.
we’re an island in the middle of the two largest oceans on the planet.
To get here from any war torn country, you’d have to pass through 10 other safe countries. These people aren’t seeking asylum, they’re seeking Australia and we have official channels for that.
I’d be happy to triple our migrant intake from these places, as long as we turn every illegal back.
Cuz how many countries are at war? And most of the ones that are, are in specific regions
Almost all wars you don’t even need to leave the country.
And why are u leaving? Look at ujrosne all the men stayed and fought

all the refugees come from just poor countries

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I think there would be a number of factors to the high percentage being male. My guess is that the primary reason would be that it's easier for males to escape in many countries. And if there are women and children travelling, they're doing it with a male. The reasons being:

1) I'm almost certain men are more likely to get work than women in all 3rd world countries, so they have more money to be able to pay human traffickers

2) in many Middle Eastern and African countries, women aren't allowed to do much without a man being there

If you looked at any travelling party then it would most likely be single males, and families that include the father. So men are always going to be over represented.

Them being fighting age also makes sense because they're much more likely to be able to get work to get the money, and much more likely to survive the trip.

I haven't looked too deep into it but this is just my guess. I'm sure there's many other factors.
It’s really much more simple.
Getting a visa to a developed country is hard. Trust me. You need to have a skill. Or familial links.
So if you’re from a third world nation and you don’t have that, what’s your way to a better life?
It’s the boat. Human rights lawyers and activists assist this.
I know peopel who have done this. It also perfectly explains Country shopping and why they pick and choose.
I’ve had peopel contact me directly to help them skirt the system based on social media posts they misunderstood. There are networks out there.
Russia is actually weaponising this as we speak and trying to pump ‘refugees’ into Finland that they advertised in Iraq etc that there is a visa pathway
They did the same ti Poland via belarus two years back and to Lithuania
The Lithuanian border is extremely fortified atm

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s really much more simple.
Getting a visa to a developed country is hard. Trust me. You need to have a skill. Or familial links.
So if you’re from a third world nation and you don’t have that, what’s your way to a better life?
It’s the boat. Human rights lawyers and activists assist this.
I know peopel who have done this. It also perfectly explains Country shopping and why they pick and choose.
I’ve had peopel contact me directly to help them skirt the system based on social media posts they misunderstood. There are networks out there.
Russia is actually weaponising this as we speak and trying to pump ‘refugees’ into Finland that they advertised in Iraq etc that there is a visa pathway
They did the same ti Poland via belarus two years back and to Lithuania
The Lithuanian border is extremely fortified atm
Good!
Leave Europe for the Europeans!
Europe doesn't need diversity.
That has been achieved naturally for 1000's of years!

Apparently my ancestors were originally from Iran and travelled west as Nomads?
But back then, the immigration lawyers were swords!

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Good!
Leave Europe for the Europeans!
Europe doesn't need diversity.
That has been achieved naturally for 1000's of years!

Apparently my ancestors were originally from Iran and travelled west as Nomads?
But back then, the immigration lawyers were swords!
You need to put yourself into the mindset of a poor from x country and where you see a pathway and what you have to say to make it happen

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
You need to put yourself into the mindset of a poor from x country and where you see a pathway and what you have to say to make it happen
I cannot put myself in my grandfathers shoes.
At least when my grandfathers immigrated here they did so legally!

My grandfather on my mother's side risked persecution and death.
He wasn't a coward like the modern rapefugees who leave their women for dead!

He actually brought his pregnant wife along like a real man!
My grandfather on my dads side was a former child soldier so he had no trouble bringing his wife and children with him.

Again today's rapefugees just don't know how to do that?

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I watched Armageddon last night and thought it was quite good. As someone who often thinks that some of Ricky’s jokes (and many others) are disgusting, (still do especially what he’d do as a kid for puppies lol) I wasn’t offended by the show. What he said at the end pretty much sums it up. Comedy is needed to handle the dark shit, we as humans have to endure. It was funny too, especially the first half hour where I cracked up a lot. Like I said the whacking off pedos was gross, and some other stuff not nice, but there’s much worse stuff going on in the world.

I’ve always liked RG so might be biased but I also think he goes over the edge a lot and not always in a good way. At the end of the day I think he makes a lot of sense with his views on “woke” and life in general.

Anyone know about the joke he did about a terminally ill or disabled kid? I remember some nobody on social media made a big fuss and wondered if it was in the show or he took it out. The jokes I saw in the show about that stuff didn’t come across too bad except when he was impersonating a father of a “normal” kid and one with severe disability, then he kept saying shit like the kid is a racist, misogynist etc lol. I think it was sarcasm, as in he’s a little kid with serious issues but “woke” society wouldn’t care if they knew he was a racist etc. Quite clever really.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I watched Armageddon last night and thought it was quite good. As someone who often thinks that some of Ricky’s jokes (and many others) are disgusting, (still do especially what he’d do as a kid for puppies lol) I wasn’t offended by the show. What he said at the end pretty much sums it up. Comedy is needed to handle the dark shit, we as humans have to endure. It was funny too, especially the first half hour where I cracked up a lot. Like I said the whacking off pedos was gross, and some other stuff not nice, but there’s much worse stuff going on in the world.

I’ve always liked RG so might be biased but I also think he goes over the edge a lot and not always in a good way. At the end of the day I think he makes a lot of sense with his views on “woke” and life in general.

Anyone know about the joke he did about a terminally ill or disabled kid? I remember some nobody on social media made a big fuss and wondered if it was in the show or he took it out. The jokes I saw in the show about that stuff didn’t come across too bad except when he was impersonating a father of a “normal” kid and one with severe disability, then he kept saying shit like the kid is a racist, misogynist etc lol. I think it was sarcasm, as in he’s a little kid with serious issues but “woke” society wouldn’t care if they knew he was a racist etc. Quite clever really.
I rarely have issue with comedians as I know that the point is comedy. My only issue is when it's not a joke. When they're just trying to push their beliefs and claim it's "comedy"

For example, Isaac Butterfield's whole comedy thing is just that he hates women, minorities, and anything left wing. So he just says what he believes then claims it's "comedy"

Then on the opposite end you have someone like Jimmy Carr who cracks really offensive jokes, but he does it to be funny rather than it being him just pushing a political view under the guise of "comedy"

Ricky Gervais is somewhere in the middle. He cracks jokes that are actually pretty funny, and he primarily does it for comedy, but it's also for political reasons. He is honestly a Diehard anti-theist who thinks all religion should be banned. So when he takes a crack at religion, humour is only a small part of it.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
But personally I think all comedy should be free to be enjoyed, no matter how sick it is. Unfortunately there's many who raise these comedians up as heroes. And when they push stuff that they believe, many cling to that and treat them as experts because they like these comedians.

That's one of the major problems in society.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I rarely have issue with comedians as I know that the point is comedy. My only issue is when it's not a joke. When they're just trying to push their beliefs and claim it's "comedy"
I agree, I hate this on all sides.

Saw some Scottish chick once and her whole thing was just pushing her politics, the crowd was silent and if I didnt have a girl next to me i would scream 'when do the jokes start'?

But lets be honest girls just cant pull of comedy really.