Richie Kenner released to Souths

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Whilst possible, im sort of leaning towards the theory we may have given some players massive backend deals and we are in a bit of a pickle . I wouldn't be to surprised if theres more shedding and no recruitment
This is what the master coach did to Manly as well and it truly sucks. We have moved on Graham and if media is to be believed ( yeah I know, who trusts them?) we will be picking up approx half of his deal ( I.e. 500k) meaning that we have only improved the bottom line by the same amount.And what about Kasiano; how much of his contract are we subsidising? He has reportedly signed on with the Storm for less money, lol. It seems that the situation is still critical, even though we have gotten rid of :Garvey, Kennar, Kasiano, Phillips, Lichaa(???)Reynolds and signed Brown, Woods and Foran. With the increase in the cap to around 9.4 million up from the current amount of around 7 million they have just got it so wrong.
You may be right in saying that we will not be able to recruit anyone of worth..........

https://www.zerotackle.com/rugby-league/teams/canterbury-bankstown-bulldogs/

2018 Gains: Fa'amanu Brown (Cronulla Sharks, 2019), Kieran Foran (New Zealand Warriors, 2020), Aaron Woods (Wests Tigers, 2021)
2018 Losses: Craig Garvey (released), Sam Kasiano (Melbourne Storm), Michael Lichaa(released), Tyrone Phillips (released), Josh Reynolds (Wests Tigers)
Re-Signed: Adam Elliott (2020), Danny Fualalo (2019), Kerrod Holland (2020), Will Hopoate (2020), Marcelo Montoya (2020), Reimis Smith (2019), Renouf To'omaga (2020), Aiden Tolman (2020)
Off Contract 2017: Michael Doolan, Rod Griffin, Andy Saunders, Chase Stanley

Last edited:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree. I thought Kennar was supposed to be super quick and talented. He looks overweight and slow to me. Smith on the other hand looks like he is building up well and could challenge next season.
I must admit I did not watch as many Intrust games this year as in the past but in those I did , basically do not even remember seeing Kennar play...what a great impression. Released one year into a two year deal having never played a first grade game for us. From memory he came to us with an existing injury.

If Reimis can address his defensive deficiencies watch out! He showed great strength on the weekend in his runs and being only 20 is still learning.

Don't forget he got the call up against Canberra Round 12 last year after having played a full Intrust game the day before and scored two nice tries which showed just how strong he really is.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I must admit I did not watch as many Intrust games this year as in the past but in those I did , basically do not even remember seeing Kennar play...what a great impression. Released one year into a two year deal having never played a first grade game for us. From memory he came to us with an existing injury.

If Reimis can address his defensive deficiencies watch out! He showed great strength on the weekend in his runs and being only 20 is still learning.

Don't forget he got the call up against Canberra Round 12 last year after having played a full Intrust game the day before and scored two nice tries which showed just how strong he really is.
Wasn't that Smith? Pretty sure it was Smith, mundines cousin

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wasn't that Smith? Pretty sure it was Smith, mundines cousin

Reimis Smith is the nephew of Mundine. His dad is Tyran Smith who played for seven NRL clubs Souths, Cows, Mariners, Warriors, Balmain, Wests Tigers, Raiders.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't know how it is possible we are even close to being over the cap with a 2.4million increase and dropping 2million worth of talent.
Just remember with Kas & Graham we are paying half their wages at their new clubs, so that's about $900k that we are still paying just for those 2.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
We best have some more players coming.

So far the cap is 2 mil increase.

Lost : Graham, Kasiano, Lichaa, Reynolds some other fringe grade players....

Signed Woods and Foran and Brown?
Apparently the reason the St George/James Graham deal took so long is because St George wanted us to pay most of Graham's contract. In the end I think we had to pay at least 50% of it. Plus due to blackened contracts our players will all be earning more next season, and we were planning for a much bigger salary cap increase.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
IDK I would have been slightly dissapointed but how we are releasing so many players makes me think we have a big signing coming up!!!!
With all the flak that we've had to fly through regarding the salary cap disaster I'd say that the only new stars we're shelling out for would be Woods and maybe Foran.

But... if Hasler is shown the door and collects his termination payout as he walks through it I'm doubtful about signing Foran as 1) I think he's a Hasler favourite and 2) There has been too much talk on the forum (some from me) about his still torn hamstrings.

So it looks like we've got Woods and if Foran is a drop out there could be room for some one else. But who is the half back/five eighth who would come to the Dogs and who is on the market that would be good enough?

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With all the flak that we've had to fly through regarding the salary cap disaster I'd say that the only new stars we're shelling out for would be Woods and maybe Foran.

But... if Hasler is shown the door and collects his termination payout as he walks through it I'm doubtful about signing Foran as 1) I think he's a Hasler favourite and 2) There has been too much talk on the forum (some from me) about his still torn hamstrings.

So it looks like we've got Woods and if Foran is a drop out there could be room for some one else. But who is the half back/five eighth who would come to the Dogs and who is on the market that would be good enough?
Moylan, Maloney, Cronk.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Releasing kennar, is a "push" with regards to the salary cap.
He would've been on minimum wage, and will have to be replaced by someone else on minimum wage.
You rally think we could entice anyone from the storm to come here on minimum wage? Eastwood is on $900k backended deal next year and Mbye is on $700k. Kennar is probably on $150-200k

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Ask him what his father thinks of des
I've been making the debut threads for years now.. I remember posting his dad's debut for the Roosters in 2006.. still wigs me out.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am curious as to who is making the decisions on which player to keep or release.
If a new coach is to be appointed, shouldnt he have some input into this? If des is still making the calls, chances are there will be no changes.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've been making the debut threads for years now.. I remember posting his dad's debut for the Roosters in 2006.. still wigs me out.
Shit.....he's Father's 37, Same age as Paul Gallen.

Wokball

Waterboy
Reaction score
Good solid player who never got his shot at 1st grade because Des believes Chase Stanley was more deserved.
He'll kill it at South's , another one that got away.

Status
Not open for further replies.