Rhinos Release the Beast!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog Bandit

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Engage Super League Champions Leeds Rhinos have announced that the club have agreed to place New Zealand international Greg Eastwood on the transfer list at the players request.

Eastwood, 23, joined the Rhinos this season on a three year contract however the World Cup winner has requested to be placed on the transfer list to try and allow him to find a club in the NRL so he can return home to Australia at the end of the current campaign.

Commenting on the announcement Chief Executive Gary Hetherington said, "Following a meeting between Brian McClennan and Greg Eastwood, the player requested to be placed on the transfer list so he can speak to clubs in the NRL. As a club we are proud of our record of attracting overseas players and making them feel welcome as part of our family, with the current squad including a number of players who have agreed extensions on the original deals that brought them to the club. Unfortunately Greg has failed to settle into life on the other side of the world and thousands of miles away from his family. Greg has two years remaining on his contract and therefore we will not be releasing him from that obligation and we value him at £100,000."

Head Coach Brian McClennan added, "It has been a difficult year for Greg. He is a young, single man which can make it difficult to settle down. He gets on great with everyone here but misses his family back home. He has had three injuries this year which has led to obvious frustrations but he has handled his last injury very well and is on his way back to full fitness.

"There is no issue with Greg for the rest of the season. He has got another few weeks of rehab to do yet but we are looking forward to having him back and available for the business end of the season," added McClennan.

Eastwood admitted it was a tough decision to ask to be placed on the transfer list. "The club have been great with me and I really appreciate that. Unfortunately I have found it tough without my family here in the UK and that is the only reason that I want to return to the NRL. I would not go to another club in Super League but hopefully somebody will give me a chance in Australia.

"There are different chapters in your footie career and unfortunately things have not worked out for me here in Super League. However, I have left things in the hands of my agent now and I am focused on getting back to full fitness and helping the boys finish the season on a high," added Eastwood.

dreamteamz

BIG_BAD_BULLDOG
Reaction score
Homesickness favours us for the first time. Well I hope so

SaMi..

SaMi..
Reaction score
**** YEAH ! Watch this space Mother****ers ! The next few weeks watch the signings come rolling in ! now for Reni. . .

I think the ChipnChase doubters should owe him an apology ! Said it from Day one. Onya mate.

Q-Tip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
massive LOL if he signs with another club in the NRL and not us.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I will pisspants lol if he goes back to the Broncos or somewhere else lol

dreamteamz

BIG_BAD_BULLDOG
Reaction score
Im shore he would come to us first im sure though that Warriors will make a play 4him

Q-Tip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine the reactions here if he didn't come to us. This picture sums it up:

dreamteamz

BIG_BAD_BULLDOG
Reaction score
A great buy for us would be Sika Manu alot like Charlie Tonga

Status
Not open for further replies.