RFM

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Johnson always saves his best games for us, the only time we've stopped him in the past it took a Josh Morris special effort to deny him and get the win.
What a great try saving tackle that was

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surprised not to have seen a thread on this guy. Does he seriously display any qualities of a captain beside being likeable?

cannot think of one memorable thing he’s done for the first 4 games.

the SJ try was also his fault
He’s not the captain. Mahoney and Burton are.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Johnson turned him into a statue lol

Look sometimes you have to give credit to the opposition where it's due.

That's what a quality halfback can do. Unfortunately we haven't seen a halfback make players look foolish probably since Shifty.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
But he ran 2 good lines off Foran 10 years ago, he needs time, give him another 5 years

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never said that but most captains of NRL teams have an impact on the game
He’s not the on field captain though, that’s Burton and Mahoney, but I haven’t seen much captain material from them either tbh.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Umm never really understood what everyone was jizzing over the past couple of seasons while he was always injured. Thought I missed something somewhere so didn't bother saying anything. Personally not even really FG standard but then they made him galactic captain over everything Bulldogs so assumed I missed something again. Anyways, seems like a nice bloke so go Dogs!

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The corey waddell of 2023. There are penalties and mistakes in his game.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He’s not an issue.
We’ve been playing better than expected considering we have 2 of our starting middles and 2 bench middles out.. I can’t imagine too many other teams in the competition would show the back bone and get on with the job. They’re putting in 100% and not giving up… just clunky in attack at times and the halfback is not a threat in attack.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Has a bad habit of dropping ball at the worst possible time, then follow it up with a penalty or six again….. but like an islander Waddell

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
RFM has never been able to hit a hole
RFM for some reason runs straight at the defenders

i will say it again
we swppaed shaun lane for him ... hmmmm

Last edited:

dawso047

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Don't mind RFM, better than Tanner, Okanbor, Brown, Wadell, more reliable than Sutton, Kikau, Preston, only King and Mahoney are more consistent and only Kikau is more explosive.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Surprised not to have seen a thread on this guy. Does he seriously display any qualities of a captain beside being likeable?

cannot think of one memorable thing he’s done for the first 4 games.

the SJ try was also his fault
True SJ ran right past him RFM never even attempted a tackle....not even an arm grab. He just stood there.

Dogahol

Waterboy
Reaction score
Problem is RFM is not a lock forward. Move him to the second row and shift Preston to lock and I would expect better performances from RFM and Preston to continue shining. You can chuck Topine, Morine or the new Fijian we signed as bench rotation.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think his best spot is the bench. When Thompson/TPJ is back I think he should be pushed to the bench with Sutton to lock.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think his best spot is the bench. When Thompson/TPJ is back I think he should be pushed to the bench with Sutton to lock.
Sutton isn't much better, bench forward at best too.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
But… but… he loves this club & he’s a nice fella

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sutton isn't much better, bench forward at best too.
Prefer Sutton over RFM though. At least Sutton has a bigger dig in defence, but he does not offer much with in attack. RFM I just don't really see much in on both ends.