RFM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree. I was one that wasn't sold on him defensively or stamina wise but at the game tonight I watched him and he just kept going for the full 80. Both his attack and defence were outstanding tonight. Honestly though he wasn't on his own. We didn't play badly tonight, we just got caught short by pure speed and lack of teamwork in Defence. The first there is no cure for but the second will improve in coming weeks and we will go OK this year. It all depends on whether we can at the very least play as well next week. If we do that then we are laying a solid platform. Storm are the benchmark as demonstrated by the performances of all the top teams over the weekend so far.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I have always rated RFM and he repayed that in spades tonight outstanding on line defence and great hit ups just wish we had a few more like him

Reactions: GDR

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
his try saver was unreal... one of a few players last night to make a good impression.. he will be our forward x factor this year watch and see

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I wonder though.... is he better off the bench when other teams are tiring?

He was superb last night and involved in everything, but is he better coming in around 20 minutes in (for someone like Fine/Elliott/etc), and tearing shit up againts other teams.

Looks primed for a big season regardless.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

He was superb last night and involved in everything, but is he better coming in around 20 minutes in (for someone like Fine/Elliott/etc), and tearing shit up againts other teams.

No because rotating edge forwards isn't required. You let him play the 80 and be that constant threat on the edge for as long as he makes the tackles that come his way and delivers with the ball in hand.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I think it would be better to just start him, last thing I would want is for him too come in with 20 mins left of a half and then it take him a while to settle in and then start overplaying his hand because he doesn’t have much time left. In theory it makes sense when having an impact forward that they come off the bench but I think it’s different with RFM

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I always liked Mariner as a player, but I'll admit I doubted his ability to be a starter and play big minutes, especially given the fact old Desmond didn't let us see him for long periods.
Last night he completely crushed any doubts in my mind. It also saves us throwing money at a edge backrower now as we don't need to, just gotta get a lock and we're pretty potent 8-13

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A lock like Finucane would be perfect for this team..... FUCK DES

Would give RFM more freedom because he would be able to focus more on attack.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
A lock like Finucane would be perfect for this team..... FUCK DES

Would give RFM more freedom because he would be able to focus more on attack.
It's not like RFM has a heavy defensive load lol

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I was more impressed with RFM defence last night because we all know what he can do with the ball

Also he played 80 right?

Foz and RFM will strike up a nice combination

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I was more impressed with RFM defence last night because we all know what he can do with the ball

Also he played 80 right?

Foz and RFM will strike up a nice combination
Yh he played 80 and made every tackle that came his way. He just needs to keep doing what he did last night and slowly increase his workload in both defence and attack as the season goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.