Official RFM granted immediate release

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont understand how it was a mistake... In hind sight we can say it wasn't the best decision but at the time RFM was fully fit, probably first pick on an edge with Kikau before Presto came into play, Had to play him in the middle after we lost our front row and saying all the right things in the initial contract negotiations.

Nobody knew he was going to find it tough to be a leader, nobody knew he was going to get upset when he lost his position to Preston and nobody knew he was going to shit the bed in the middle.

Shit happens move on, no damge done SHUT THE FCUK UPO TROLLS AND MUPPETS.
Based on hindsight it was a mistake
And I disagree there has been damage done
Relax don’t get so mad it’s just footy

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I dont understand how it was a mistake... In hind sight we can say it wasn't the best decision but at the time RFM was fully fit, probably first pick on an edge with Kikau before Presto came into play, Had to play him in the middle after we lost our front row and saying all the right things in the initial contract negotiations.

Nobody knew he was going to find it tough to be a leader, nobody knew he was going to get upset when he lost his position to Preston and nobody knew he was going to shit the bed in the middle.

Exactly this^^^

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nobody knew how he was going to fair in the middle so we sign him to 3 years to find out?
nobody knew he was not going to be a good leader so we sign him to 3 years and find out?
It’s ok, it was a mistake. I will give credit to Gus and CC for correcting it so swiftly

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nobody knew how he was going to fair in the middle so we sign him to 3 years to find out?
nobody knew he was not going to be a good leader so we sign him to 3 years and find out?
It’s ok, it was a mistake. I will give credit to Gus and CC for correcting it so swiftly
Yeah its a mistake when you don't even have half the details lol.

Who said he was signed to be a middle forward? I spoke to him personally during pre season 2023 and he said he was going to play on an edge. After Thommo went down he was forced to play middle.

He was the most experienced, one of the eldest if not the eldest and doing a great job during the pre season, putting his hand up for the leadership. Logic says he gets the job.

We don't know the ins and outs of the contract but there is a chance he was given a value and the number of years to accept payment. Who knows, certainly not you or me or anyone on TK so to say it was a mistake is plain shit talking.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How? Last year we were riddled with injures.
Went through 20 plus different players, debut 7 rookies, had 5 changes in the halves.
Missing forward most of the year.
Add to that a rookie coach and a few bad eggs.
2024 will decide how we are travelling.
Plus before Gus we struggled to attract players, Napa was an elite signing for us.
Excuses excuses...Just sack Gus :laughing:

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How they fucking gave that has me baffled still.
I'm on the same boat, my friend. It was shocking enough that RFM missed such an important tackle, but the fact the club didn't say anything about the rort still annoys me. Not to mention Ainnsleys' piss poor justification of the screw up was f**ked.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well said. Hindsight is 20/20 and the critics conveniently ignore that fact when they rave on about all these terrible things Gus has done. It’s fkn easy to say after the fact! I’m pretty sure we were all loving that Ray was made club captain when it happened. He wasn’t even the on field captain. The choice of Burto was (and still is) questionable, but I don’t remember many, if any people unhappy Ray was chosen.

After so much water has gone under the bridge since Ray was made club captain, they all act like they saw it coming. Typical clown behaviour tbh.

rawmac

New Pup
Reaction score
I find this thread a little odd, some are trying to say that in hindsight it wasn't a good decision the signing for 3 years. I think gus would be delighted. For the cost of one year payment to rfm, half of which was off the cap due to long term discount, gus was able to send a very a clear message to the squad, future players and the nrl that no longer will mediocrity be accepted, we are a ruthless club about performance and if you play games with media you will not be here and he will find a way to move on. Many people have spoken of rfm as a nice guy and that makes it an even more powerful statement. If you want to shake up culture this situation is exhibit a on creating a different path.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You logged in from the wrong account to post that. Can you log out and post it from your other account to keep the consistency in trolling and baiting please
Plz stop de-railing threads with these baseless accussations

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if the rot started after Ben Cummins' screw up in the Warriors game where Mahoney got impeded by AFB, which led to Johnson running past RFM to score the match winning try.
Cumstains can go and get fucked, slowly and painfully, for others enjoyment.
Just like he fucked us over with his officiating.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You logged in from the wrong account to post that. Can you log out and post it from your other account to keep the consistency in trolling and baiting please
Dementia must be a bitch of a thing to suffer :(
For all your trolling, you've my sympathy suffering the above 04 Flanno Waffle.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Just realized RFM’s mural is up on Jobel’s