Official RFM granted immediate release

Paul Doolans mirror

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Attitude is everything.

I don't think this was about ability at all, but his commitment to the team / club / coach etc.

Once a player shows bad attitude you've got to get them out the door otherwise they'll eat the culture up from within inside.

Well done Dogs in getting him out the door.
Amazing that 1 year after being named club captain and signing a 3 yr deal and he is out the door,never seen or heard of that happening before.Gus is the best in the business at getting 'deadwood' out the door...now he needs to concentrate on getting our recruitment right,he has already got our juniors on the right track.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
How good is it when people actually talk league and give genuine insights and opinions on players instead of bashing the club every chance they get.
Yeah we have had to put up with a lot of shit from low life’s on the forum for too long now but the real fans of the club are still here and always will be, that’s the only reason I keep coming back.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Amazing that 1 year after being named club captain and signing a 3 yr deal and he is out the door,never seen or heard of that happening before.Gus is the best in the business at getting 'deadwood' out the door...now he needs to concentrate on getting our recruitment right,he has already got our juniors on the right track.
Gould has shipped in as much dead wood as hes shipped out:
- stuckey
- tuifua
- davey
- pele
- perham
- Sutton
- tanner
- quai-ward
- oluapu
- knight
- turpin
- nu brown
- hutchison
- salmon
- faamasuli
- taafe
- Tracey
- clarke

While letting go of players like alamoti and Averillo will burn us big time

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
W
Why are sure?
Why does everything think Gus has everything covered?

Some things can't be helped or predicted.
This isn't one of those things. It was I the cards.
Nothing is covered our key position issues still remain unsolved. No halfback, no fullback, no middles. Question marks over many other positions

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
It’s definitely happened much later than what we wished for but I’m glad it’s finally done. Only one more soft c**t left in that team and I doubt he’s playing anyway this season, he can sit out the season.
Can’t wait to see you eat humble pie when the truth comes out one day. Soft ****? Give yourself a wedgie.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As the headline reads "granted immediate release".

This tells me a few things. RFM's manager was shopping him around. Why? Because RFM was told he won't be in the top 17 and will start the year in reserves. RFM and his manager put two and two together realising this is how it's going to be so they sought a release. I doubt we are paying any freight as it was RFM requesting an immediate release which was granted.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been a great servant to the club over the years but clearly not up to first grade going off his form for us in recent years.

Maybe that had something to do with being named captain which put him in an unenviable position between the playing group and club management. No doubt a mistake naming him as captain.

Dogs certainly lost out when we made a direct swap with Shaun Lane to the Warriors and RFM to us.

All the best over at the Dragons but feel it’s going to be a very long year for the Dragons. Something RFM is well used to.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As the headline reads "granted immediate release".

This tells me a few things. RFM's manager was shopping him around. Why? Because RFM was told he won't be in the top 17 and will start the year in reserves. RFM and his manager put two and two together realising this is how it's going to be so they sought a release. I doubt we are paying any freight as it was RFM requesting an immediate release which was granted.
We don't really know, so pure speculation. I think it's possible/probable that we are picking up at least some freight for his departure, BUT given he's the only one eligible for "veteran" status, we're probably paying from funds we couldn't spend elsewhere anyway.

So, the end result effectively means we get a roster spot back, and at the very least, enough money to promote a junior on minimum wage with zero effective impact on our cap.

All in all. A good result for our 2024 campaign, and to be fair, a good result for RFM too - there were simply irreconcilable differences at the Dogs and it was not going to end well for anyone - this is a better outcome.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I was wondering about those … do they come with one of those little plastic magnifying glasses [emoji23][emoji23]

Don’t report me, it’s a joke, nothing personal [emoji23][emoji23]
I don't know who's been spreading false rumours amount me but I need to correct something right now.

The magnifyjng glasses are NOT little but large.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
With RFM gone. Do we still qualify for any Veterans Allowance? I thought it was either 9yrs at one club or 10yrs across the NRL? Someone like Kurt Mann is entering his 11th year in FG, it’s Hutchos 10th year since debuting in 2015.