Official RFM granted immediate release

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Roster spot and $ > keeping him.

Could he become a massive star at the dragons.. possible but not worth keeping a player that’s disgruntled.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
This doesn't really change much as he wouldn't have played FG no matter how short we were on forwards.

Time will tell as to what the details of his release are and if it can help us get another forward or two in the next few months..
You are right, it appears he was welcomed back to training after the talk with Gus. However, Ciraldo probably would never pick him and it was mutual agreement to release him. Hope we aren’t paying any freight.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
so I wonder which of our players is gonna target rfm when we play dragons this season

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Seriously? I’d be happy with that he goes alright
That could make sense seeing as they took on Keppie's ridiculous deal (600K-2027). Something has to give over there losing Sele probs isn't enough.

yearofthedogs2018

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fuck that. You mean Makatoa? The bloke turns 31 tomorrow lol he’s a 5 minute bench player
Plus we already had him a few years ago. I wouldn’t be surprised if we signed him but at the same time I just don’t see it happening.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dunno about this. Feel like he was a good bloke and a determined player who got let go for talking up for his team mates. Feels a bit unprofessional.
I think he burned his bridge by talking to buzzard as he did. I'm hopeful that the timing of his release means we're about to announce an immediately incoming prop. But sometimes it's just a mutual thing that a player needs to leave. He wasn't cut before finding a new deal so he's not losing out.

RFM was never close to the heart of our pack. So if handing him the captain's hat didn't elevate his desire to excel I think he was never going to find that drive. Good luck to papa flange and RFM in their quest to get the best from him.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Plus we already had him a few years ago. I wouldn’t be surprised if we signed him but at the same time I just don’t see it happening.
Met with Phil last yr, I wouldn't be surprised, great to come off the bench