Official RFM granted immediate release

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
different situation as he wanted to leave and roosters were fed up with him and was able to use that money to retain players....
I can do this all day you know.

When Pearce left who did they get from Newcastle?

Always a Bulldog

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
They lost Latrell & are losing JS as free agents. They have lost plenty of free agents over the years.
Also technically they got JS to replace Latrell & they got Dom Young now to replace JS.
No, no, no, no .

The post was "roosters dont let anyone leave early unless they get something of value in return" which means loosing a player and not getting something in return from the club they go to.

Every club looses players and signs players from other teams, on average 10 players are off contract every season.

Seriously does anyone really think we got Crichton from Penrith and gave them Alamoti in return?

Always a Bulldog

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No, no, no, no .

The post was "roosters dont let anyone leave early unless they get something of value in return" which means loosing a player and not getting something in return from the club they go to.

Every club looses players and signs players from other teams, on average 10 players are off contract every season.

Seriously does anyone really think we got Crichton from Penrith and gave them Alamoti in return?

Always a Bulldog
both were off contract so that's irrelevant about crighton and alamoti

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
both were off contract so that's irrelevant about crighton and alamoti
JS is off-contract. Rugby didn't sign him while he was under contract.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Got word from a mate at training just now, Patolo started running... hopefully can get upto speed pretty soon.

Confident Morrin, Edwards, Poasa and Salmon can hold fort until the bigger bodies are ready.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Got word from a mate at training just now, Patolo started running... hopefully can get upto speed pretty soon.

Confident Morrin, Edwards, Poasa and Salmon can hold fort until the bigger bodies are ready.
Probs has something to do with the timing of the RFM release, were probs waiting to see if Patolo would be right for the start of the season.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Good news. Hopefully the blokes you've named can step up sufficiently.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
RFM is a leader in some form, but not the leader that fits our objective and that’s ok because not all the pieces fit in the puzzle sometimes. Best of luck to him and if sticking up for teammates during a tough training regimen is his go, that’s his blueprint. Successful athletes and teams set high standards not lower them.

What sh!ts me is players like Nu Brown stating people who have not played at the highest level of a sport have no clue…. Some of these athletes are fu<ken delusional and narrow minded. There’s people out there in the real world working 2 & 3 jobs, or 12hr days, or cleaning someone’s arsehole for a living or saving people’s lives in a hospital and showing their respective families leadership by getting it done with no complaints…. Some of these sporting personalities need to get over themselves.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
JS is off-contract. Rugby didn't sign him while he was under contract.
that's not my point...

my point is if roosters were to release may this season to us they'd most likely would want some sort of compensation

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
that's not my point...

my point is if roosters were to release may this season to us they'd most likely would want some sort of compensation
There is a 0% chance that they will release May to us this season.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
As the headline reads "granted immediate release".

This tells me a few things. RFM's manager was shopping him around. Why? Because RFM was told he won't be in the top 17 and will start the year in reserves. RFM and his manager put two and two together realising this is how it's going to be so they sought a release. I doubt we are paying any freight as it was RFM requesting an immediate release which was granted.
Lol no

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

That last sentence made me physically sick.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Being able to run and actually being able to contribute at a competent level in the NRL are worlds apart. We’ve been training for ages now, he’s at least 2 months behind schedule and that’s if nothing else pops up for him

4Runner

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
With all due respect Im hoping that some may have egg on their faces come first bye round...if its me, so be it, I'll just go make another puttanesca...I have all the confidence in the world that a. better football this year and therefore b. less destruction of TV sets and remote controls...in that order.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

that news doesn’t excite me at all lol..
I hope im
Wrong but I don’t see much in potato.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
that news doesn’t excite me at all lol..
I hope im
Wrong but I don’t see much in potato.
I am only excited because if he is not fit I can see us playing Reed, Mann and Morrin at the same time for up to 20 min and that would make us too small and I think we would get steam rolled.