RFM - and now the bad news

Status
Not open for further replies.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Shit news but RFM hasn't been anywhere near as good as made out IMO. Rhys Martin is a more than apt replacement.
I agree with ya mate. He had an okay start to the season and since then has been big average. He just runs miles across the field, a decent hit up every now and then and below average defence. He’s an alright player that could be good. He’s a bit of a cat though, scared to hit holes.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
This so called "salary cap crisis" is all bullshit.
It is the excuse being used for the clean out that is going on.
How else could they possibly handle this given the overpaid roster and quality?

Anyone critical of the new Board (at this stage anyway) is not being realistic with the enormity of the task they are confronted with and just probably carrying on with their delusional malice for the sake of it.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree and I also agree with the way they are going about it.

I have a "gut" feeling they have a couple of very good replacements for next season
Surely they must have a few players lined up.
Mind you I was actually optimistic that we would improve on the 10 wins of last season.
That was of course before this shit show of a season started.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
How else could they possibly handle this given the overpaid roster and quality?

Anyone critical of the new Board (at this stage anyway) is not being realistic with the enormity of the task they are confronted with and just probably carrying on with their delusional malice for the sake of it.
How much is the club subsidizing Mybe's contract at WT.
Same question for Woods at Cronulla & how much are we paying Lichaa next season?

When some can give me an answer, I can answer your question.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nope.. I just see rebuilding as rebuilding.

At the moment we've demolished the entire house and replaced it with a tent, and no intention of building a house.
They just started laying the foundation

‘Belmore’ wasn’t built in a day

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your source must be telling you porkies!

What players do we have remaining that would be on big dollars with such clauses? Jackson, Floporan & Klemmer?

Mbye & Woods - gone

Kasiano, Graham, Lee - off the books

Lichaa, JMK - signed by new board and one would think on bare minimal as it has been made clear that Dogs not paying overs anymore (even though these 2 are not worth minimal)

Burr, Carr, Cerutto, Cleeland, Eastwood, Brett Morris, Josh Morris, Fine, Frawley, Lewis, Martin, Priest, Woolford - all off contract this year

Off the top off my head, the current regulars in our starting team this season we have, moving onto next year;

Hoppa, Montoya, Klemmer, Jackson, Tolman, Fualalo, Elliott, Floporan, RFM & Lichaa, we are in dire straits with our cap? If true, the NRL has every right to turn out the lights on the dogs because this is far beyond incompetence
Actually Lichaa was signed by dib and pay well before new board won the election so good chance his contract is back ended with ratchet clauses
- Jmk may also fall into this category , not sure when he signed tho

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Actually Lichaa was signed by dib and pay well before new board won the election so good chance his contract is back ended with ratchet clauses
Nah JMK was on a part time fish n chip money deal

Pay and new board upgraded him this year probably for 120k per year (around that)

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What type of knee injury is it. Please dont say acl?

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His knee was stuffed before the game and was heavily strapped. Why let him go in the first place I don't understand.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was close our best, Woods, Foran and Mbye werent doing fuck all so we are only really one player down.
His played well in some games but over the past few weeks his been going sideways too much. But then again all our attack has been going sideways. Want to see him get early ball and go direct at the line. His big enough to bust the line on the edges.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not only has RFM busted his hand but he has also done his knee. It now looks unlikely he will play again this year. So with Woods, Foran, Mbye and now RFM gone this is going to be a really tough end to the season.
So if RFM can't play again this year because of an injury in a rep game, under new laws then we get salary cap relief, don't we?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I agree and I also agree with the way they are going about it.

I have a "gut" feeling they have a couple of very good replacements for next season
Hope you are right there..

Would make the suffering worthwhile this season...

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol your delusional RMF is the only live wire we have.
When was the last time he put a shot on another forward in defence?

How many times has he run straight at the line without stopping or going sideways.

He is a soft cock.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Are ratchet clauses in sport the same as in business?

Or is it just a case if the cap goes up, so do their wages?

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I think your way off mate. We were inder the cap before mbye and woods were moved on, so even if there are some ratchet clauses for next year we are still well and truely under, especially if we move foran into a retirement home.
You can think that mate, but its not my words it's the clubs. You are right in that we are currently under the cap, but that isn't the problem. The problem is that when the ratchets kick in next year we have nothing left to buy any more players and it is even worse in 2020. Not my words mate, theirs.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Are ratchet clauses in sport the same as in business?

Or is it just a case if the cap goes up, so do their wages?
The way it was explained to me today is that we have a number of players on heavily backended contracts. On top of that, probably in order to keep them, the club negotiated ratchet clauses in those contracts so that their contracts would effectively go up by the same percentage that the cap went up when it was finally announced. So the cap goes from $7m to $9.4m or over 20%. That means whatever their backended contracts are worth this year, next and 2020 they automatically go up by that same percentage.

The good news is that the club now has a rule on its books that ratchet clauses can never be implemented again, so we just have to get through the next 2 years and then we will rise from the ashes.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The way it was explained to me today is that we have a number of players on heavily backended contracts. On top of that, probably in order to keep them, the club negotiated ratchet clauses in those contracts so that their contracts would effectively go up by the same percentage that the cap went up when it was finally announced. So the cap goes from $7m to $9.4m or over 20%. That means whatever their backended contracts are worth this year, next and 2020 they automatically go up by that same percentage.

The good news is that the club now has a rule on its books that ratchet clauses can never be implemented again, so we just have to get through the next 2 years and then we will rise from the ashes.
Thanks for clearing that up for me brother.

We really are neck deep in shit.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Des has managed to fk up two clubs and get paid handsomely for doing so!

At least he gave the Sea Eagles two championships...2 GFs don’t cut it

Status
Not open for further replies.