Reynolds to re-sign for 4 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some goods news for us .. http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/dogs-2m-to-tie-down-reynolds-20130315-2g64i.html

Wonder which Sydney club was close to poaching our star player, either way glad his committed to us!

AFTER missing out on Test five-eighth Johnathan Thurston, the Bulldogs have moved quickly to retain the services of Josh Reynolds and are tipped to announce his retention on a $1.9 million four-year contract.
Even if they had signed Thurston, Canterbury wanted to keep Reynolds but the North Queensland superstar's decision to play out his career at the Cowboys is believed to have hastened the deal.
As he demonstrated in last Saturday night's win over the Bulldogs, Thurston is arguably the best player in the game and his performance against the Melbourne trio of Cameron Smith, Cooper Cronk and Billy Slater will hold the key to Saturday night's match in Townsville.
According to Sports Data's CVR (contributor value ratings) system, Thurston was the standout player in last weekend's opening round and if he maintains that form the $4 million North Queensland paid to retain him for the next four years will look like a bargain.
Advertisement
Sports Data awarded Thurston a rating of 977.50 for his efforts, which included three try assists, one line break and seven tackle breaks from his nine runs, as well as nine kicks totalling 186 metres, and 14 tackles.
However, three errors, three missed tackles and three penalties resulted in a deduction of 153 rating points for an overall CVR of 824.50 for the match or 10.31 per minute.
Knights winger Akuila Uate had a CVR of 854 against Wests Tigers but he had no deductions for errors, missed tackles or penalties, while Souths interchange forward George Burgess was the best impact player with a CVR of 21.96 per minute in his 29 minutes against the Roosters.
Thurston's decision to reject massive offers from the Bulldogs and Penrith has turned the focus on other playmakers off contract this season and Reynolds had already attracted interest from several rival clubs. However, Canterbury coach Des Hasler made it clear that re-signing the Bulldogs junior was a priority and he and Reynolds' manager, Daryl Mather, agreed to meet as soon as the salary cap was finalised for coming seasons.
Canterbury sources have told Fairfax Media an announcement is expected soon after the club matched a $475,000-a-season offer from a rival Sydney club for the tough 23-year-old.
Reynolds starred in Thursday night's 20-16 win over Parramatta, scoring a long-range try and setting up another for Sam Perrett with a perfectly placed cross-field kick.
With Reynolds staying at the Dogs, Cronulla and NSW Origin five-eighth Todd Carney is set to attract attention from rival clubs and he has already been linked with a move to St George Illawarra, whose own playmaker Jamie Soward is also off contract.
The Eels are believed to be close to a deal with Brisbane's Corey Norman, who has been moved to fullback from his preferred position of five-eighth to accommodate Scott Prince's arrival at the club.
Canberra halfback Sam Williams is also in demand, and has been linked to the Bulldogs as well as Penrith and the Dragons

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...wn-reynolds-20130315-2g64i.html#ixzz2NcJlykxn

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
awesome news....hopefully this is wrapped up fairly soon

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We need to keep Reynolds. His heart is Blue & White!

Halfback, well that's another story.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This is great news I couldn't be happier for Josh Reynolds. This is a massive boost for the future of our beloved club hopefully sooner than later. He had come a long way through the grades and now he has cemented a spot in the NRL with the recognition of his talents, the fans and the team

Josh is a rare breed you can't coach aggression and passion, a super star in the making. No doubt he will be one of the best 5/8's in the game.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is great news I'm couldn't be happier for Josh Reynolds. This is a massive boost for the future of our beloved club. He had come a long way through the grades and now he has cemented a spot in the NRL.

Well done Josh he is a super star in the making. No doubt he will be one of the best 5/8's in the game.

Josh is a rare breed you can't coach aggression and passion.
Well said!

Jigga

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Great news would not of been right seeing him in anything but blue and white! Now to find a halve that isn't going to put so much pressure on him, I know when Benny and Bupa comes back that will take a lot of pressure of and KK will actually be bearable but with a better halve we will be unstoppable!!

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
My top 5 re-signing, signing requests.

Step 1 re-sign Reynolds
Step 2 sign Carney
Step 3 sign Folau
Step 4 re-sign Eastwood
Step 5 with whatever is left for our cap next year look at Pritchard/Tolman

We could lose Hodkinson, Halatau, Keating, Turner have lost Payne and surely the cap increase is sufficent to sign Carney and Folau with losing the names mentioned.

1. Barba
2. Inu
3. Morris
4. Folau
5. Perrett
6. Reynolds
7. Carney
8. Graham
9. Ennis
10. Kasiano
11. T Williams
12. Jackson
13. Eastwood

14. Finucane
15. Klemmer
16. Taupau
17. Romeleo/Brown (if able to retain either of Pritchard/Tolman obviously that moves the pack around.

sjwal0

Waterboy
Reaction score
I dont wanna lose frank the tank. we've missed his damaging runs on the edges this year.. ill be really disappointed if we lose him

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My top 5 re-signing, signing requests.

Step 1 re-sign Reynolds
Step 2 sign Carney
Step 3 sign Folau
Step 4 re-sign Eastwood
Step 5 with whatever is left for our cap next year look at Pritchard/Tolman

We could lose Hodkinson, Halatau, Keating, Turner have lost Payne and surely the cap increase is sufficent to sign Carney and Folau with losing the names mentioned.

1. Barba
2. Inu
3. Morris
4. Folau
5. Perrett
6. Reynolds
7. Carney
8. Graham
9. Ennis
10. Kasiano
11. T Williams
12. Jackson
13. Eastwood

14. Finucane
15. Klemmer
16. Taupau
17. Romeleo/Brown (if able to retain either of Pritchard/Tolman obviously that moves the pack around.
This. Instead of Brown I'd have Paul Carter

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Please keep tolman and eastwood.
tolman is the heart of out engine room.
1st forward backbfor the hit ups and 1st forward leading the kick chase.

col of birchmen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
massive upgrades for kasiano, klemmer and reynolds plus we will have to up the contracts of jackson and finucane next year. If we are able to sign a competent halfback like sam williams I'd be willing to sacrifice pritchard tolman keating halatau turner and hodkinson. Hopefully resign eastwood and lafai. I think folau is unrealistic and unnecessary.

1.barba
2. inu
3. morris
4. lafai
5. perrett
6. reynolds
7. williams
8. graham
9. ennis
10. kasiano
11. williams
12. jackson
13. eastwood
14. klemmer
15. finucane
16. taupau
17. carter

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Great news, has earned every cent of that upgrade !

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We don't need Falau. No value given his price tag.

Don't underestimate Mitch Brown. He was killing it in NSW cup last year before a season ending injury.

Carney is also not the solution. He is more of a number 6 and plays off the cuff. That's what we have with Reynolds. We need a structured # 7 like Cronk who takes control of the game. I like the look of Sam Williams. Has a strong and effective kicking and passing game.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
Why would Reynolds quit for 4 years ??

Status
Not open for further replies.