Reynolds /Mbye permanent halves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hodko goes down at the end of SOO 1 after a MOTM performance winning the game for the Blues....as his knee gives way. Doctors say he needs 2 total knee reconstructions...hes out of action for 2 years....problem solved....no contract...Reynolds and Mybe are Dogs halves Bye Bye Hodko.

Awful to think you want one of your own to suffer such a fate......but sometimes in the animal world you have to eat your own to survive and prosper...Hodko is a very very weak link..(In SOO I hope he stands close to Beau Scott so Beau can cover for his inability to move laterally in D)....hope Pearce does all the kicking....dont know who will do the goal kicking as Hodko is the worst goalkicker in the comp at the moment...in fact the more I think of him...the more he reminds me of Daniel Holdsworth at the moment).

So Daniel Holdsworth is the NSW half back. Heaven help NSW.
Calling Hodkinson, Holdsworth at the moment is a massive insult to Holdsworth

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don't think so. Probably because nsw tend to pick halves on form. This is the first time I can remember them picking a severely out of form half.
Last time i remember was them picking Andrew Johns right after he came back from a serious injury in 2005. But then given the class of Johns you can understand that decision

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last time i remember was them picking Andrew Johns right after he came back from a serious injury in 2005. But then given the class of Johns you can understand that decision
I remember that game. Joey tore them a new one

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Whether i rate MBye as better than Hod or not, i know that its unlikely that Hod will go from origin to NSW Cup. Unless he sucks really bad in origin. If he plays well in origin, he may bring that to club level, find his mojo. He is very good when at his best, but he hasnt shown much of his best for a while. Mbye obviously offers more in attack but makes more rookie errors than Hod, causes more penalties than Hod, and Hods defence its a lot better. Origin could either make or break Hod for the season, we shall see.

If Mbye is put there in place of Hod, letting in 30 points in matches might not be uncommon. We will have to score 40 every week. Defence is always the skill that improves most with FG experience and thats all he needs. But for now Hods defence >>>> Mbye. Youd think MBye would be in the side or bench in some way most of the time, but doubt he replaces a fit Hod yet.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mbye defends well in the halves,hes had some misses in the centre position not at half

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Mbye defends well in the halves,hes had some misses in the centre position not at half
His defence is fine, can improve but its nothing major like Mitch Moses, Brooks or a young Jamie Soward. I seen him stop plenty of players while defending at half, at the centres he has struggled abit, but would many other halves do much better? Doubt It. Imagine throwing Hodko at centre to defend lol, bloke would be terrible. Saying Moses has shit defence is bs imo.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
His defence is fine, can improve but its nothing major like Mitch Moses, Brooks or a young Jamie Soward. I seen him stop plenty of players while defending at half, at the centres he has struggled abit, but would many other halves do much better? Doubt It. Imagine throwing Hodko at centre to defend lol, bloke would be terrible. Saying Moses has shit defence is bs imo.
Exactly right ,yeah hokko in the centres would be funny

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
It's not that his defence is 'shit'... but there has been a number of times where he has gone into tackles very lazy, just hanging out the arm and getting brushed off with ease. But those times have been primarily at centre, when he's in the middle of the field he's a lot better.

polecatsjk

Waterboy
Reaction score
Although we leaked a lot of points how good was it to see us scoring points,as a change from our dour game plan

jamesb

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
All young halves struggle a bit with defense when they first come into FG, in saying that Mbye defence is not noticeably bad, when Thurston was coming through he was a very bad defender but look at him now.

I agree Mbye should stay in the halves he is looking better and better the more games he has there, our attack lacks the zip and pace without him

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Although we leaked a lot of points how good was it to see us scoring points,as a change from our dour game plan
Not just that we scored 36 on parra earlier this year so we have scored a
Or of points but Sunday was the first time we actually looked threatening in the opposition half

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With Farah ruled out of game 2 & 3,do you think Josh will be thrown in at hooker or will they go with Ennis or a Nathan Peats?

If it was game 3 and NSW were down 2-0 i would throw peats in.

we quiet possibly will be missing Reynolds for 2 games

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
With Farah ruled out of game 2 & 3,do you think Josh will be thrown in at hooker or will they go with Ennis or a Nathan Peats?

Reynolds at hooker is worse than Hodko at half. Surely they have to go with Ennis.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

What injury does he have and lol poor Tigers but **** you Jason Taylor.

I reckon Ennis will get the nod due to experience and already playing with alot of the current NSW playing group.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Also I think our team is more suited to having 2 5/8s with one having a kicking game over a traditional spine as it actually get our teaming on both sides plus all our ball playing forwards lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.