Reynolds Honoured by Nines Captaincy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Local junior and five-eighth Josh Reynolds will skipper the Bulldogs at the Auckland Nines starting this Saturday (February 4th).

The 27-year old, whogrew up only streets away from Belmore, idolised the likes of Terry Lamb and Jim Dymock, as a youngster and is looking forward to captaining the squad at this year’s Nines: “It’s a massive honour for myself to have played at this club for all the years I have. To be rewarded with this responsibility is a huge achievement and I’m definitely going to lead the boys with pride,” said Reynolds.

It will be the first time that Reynolds has made the trip to Eden Park for the two day tournament since it began in 2014.

“It’s my first nines competition. I’ve always wanted to go and this year I get to be amongst it.”

Joining Reynolds in the side will be International forwards David Klemmer and Sam Kasiano, in addition to Bulldogs' Rookie of the Year, Kerrod Holland and a host of rookies.

“It’s great to see Des send over a lot of the young kids. There has been a lot of guys who have been rewarded with a spot this year due to their work ethic over the summer.

“There is no better way for the young rookies in our squad to prove themselves at Auckland in front of a big crowd.”

Preparations for the upcoming season began back in early November in what could only be described as one of the toughest and hottest pre-seasons to date. Despite this the ever popular five-eight believes the Bulldogs will be hungrier than ever in 2017:

“It’s been one of the hottest pre-seasons that I have been a part of. The boys have had some gruelling training sessions, but come those tough times throughout the season we all know the work we have put it, will count.

“There’s been change. It’s a happy camp here and I feel after going down to the Penrith Panthers in the opening round of the finals last year, it has given the boys a kick in the backside. We’ve taken it on board and can’t wait for the season to begin.”

The first match for the Blue and Whites during the tournament will be against the Panthers on Saturday, February 4 (10.25am AEDT/12.25pm Local Time)

Link: http://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2017/01/31/reynolds_honoured_by.html

Saying all the right things. Ket's hope the team plays like they did against Manly in round 1 last year

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Such a terrible player doesnt even deserve to play NRL, has no skill. And now they made him Captain. WTF. How does he keep getting picked.........................................

LOL, Congrats. Good on him :blush:

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are only two reasons that The Grub got the 9s captaincy.

1. The Bulldogs hierarchy think highly of him and want to give the 9s a red hot go
or
2. The Bulldogs hierarchy don't give a shit about Josh or the 9s.

Personally I hope its no.1

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

1. The Bulldogs hierarchy think highly of him and want to give the 9s a red hot go
or

Or it's him kasiano or klemmer, coz the rest are kids and his the most experienced out of the primary school team we take over every year

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
“It’s been one of the hottest pre-seasons that I have been a part of. The boys have had some gruelling training sessions"

Hasn't this been said EVERY pre-season for the last 30 or so pre-seasons?
I cant step out side! So i think he's onto something haha

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

or

Or is it! A sign that the gaffa is changin things up....

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
“It’s been one of the hottest pre-seasons that I have been a part of. The boys have had some gruelling training sessions"

Maybe he is referring to the record temperatures this summer

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm thinking this move is an attemp to settle him down a little.

If he thinks he's considered to be a leader on the field, he might start acting a little more like one.

Last edited:

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tipping Kas to get a syndesmosis injury, klem to blow out his knee and Reynolds to powerbomb some poor **** and get suspended for 20 weeks.
I was going to to rate it funny but I just know that it'll probably happen.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

If he thinks he's considered to be a leader on the field, he might start acting a little more like one.
Weve been hoping that for years.. given up on that myself

Reynolds is Reynolds.. plays off the cuff, emotional, gives his all, prone to a brain explosion.. could add more.. cant see it changing

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Reynolds is an all or nothing player. You with get moments of madness mixed with moments of brilliance or you get nothing.
Similar to graham, looked what happened when they tried to calm him down ?

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

um Reynolds has been a leader on the field....leading with his foot.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Tipping Kas to get a syndesmosis injury, klem to blow out his knee and Reynolds to powerbomb some poor **** and get suspended for 20 weeks.
I'm reporting you for reading my mind.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do they kick much in nines? He can practice his kicks behind limited defense.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score

Same shit different year tbh.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Obviously he was going go be captain, most experienced player there and a local jnr, nothing more to it than that.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Obviously he was going go be captain, most experienced player there and a local jnr, nothing more to it than that.
I dont think he will do too bad in the nines tbh.... the smaller numbers and tired defence will suit him.... it will also test his maturity, he will be tired out there, the game is fast paced. If he can not give penalties under that much pressure and fatigue it will show some improvement....

2017. Everyone gets a clean slate for me.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I dont think he will do too bad in the nines tbh.... the smaller numbers and tired defence will suit him.... it will also test his maturity, he will be tired out there, the game is fast paced. If he can not give penalties under that much pressure and fatigue it will show some improvement....

2017. Everyone gets a clean slate for me.
He should be one of the best players at the 9s, the few things he does well make him suited for it. I'm not giving anyone a clean slate, i am comfortable with my opinion on our players abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.