Reynolds and Hodkinson Future Australian halves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prolly not I reckon. They are the best defensive halves in the comp, every other team has a speedhump in their halves, not us.

Just in shock as to how Des has got them playing. They play basic and high percentage football, although grub has a bit of freedom.
I love to see Des coaching NSW one day. Probably after couple of premierships for the dogs.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I can see Reynolds there before Hodko but you have to realise that Cronk and thurston will both retire in the next 3 years so the opportunity is there for Reynolds to play 5/8. With a few injuries who knows about Hodko.

At the start of the season did you think they'd be the halves pairing that would guide the team to victory in origin 1?

2nd phase play

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is just my opinion but in my eyes these two will become the next half combo for Australia and lead NSW for years to come! With Cronk and Thurston coming near the end of their playing days these two great players have it in their sights!

They will also lead the Bulldogs to a couple of premierships! Des Hasler must take credit! Well done boys!
Haha its only 1 game!
I say get off the drugs before posting on here!!
Luke Brooks is the future, he will be nsw half next year if not sooner..

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Luke Brookes will definitely be the future of NSW and Australia. If we win this series then Hodko and Reynolds will be locked in until an injury/suspension comes but the moment Hodko can't play a game Luke Brookes will be there.

As long as Sheens is coach for Australia it'll be Cronk until he's injured/retires. When this happens it'll be Cherry-Evans. If Cherry is injured it'll be Brookes but the moment Cherry comes back Brookes will be dropped again.

Sheens is much like Maninga. He gives the spot to a person and tells them that the spot is theirs until they retire. If they lose it through injury they know they'll get it back the moment they return and any temp player that comes in is told that no matter how well they play they won't retain the spot. The one bonus Sheens has over Maninga is that if a player is playing really horribly then Sheens may drop that player, but they'd have to be playing bad enough to not even be playing first grade.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hodkinson will never play for Australia.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hodkinson will never play for Australia.
Never say never, I bet 12 months ago a lot people would have said no way in hell Hodkinson would play for NSW.

The only advantage of Hodko and Reynolds have over the new generation is that these two will have high level rep footy experience. That would potentially work in their favour if their rep footy performance continues well.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Josh Reynolds future Australian skipper...what a story it will be if it happens. The kid with little natural ability...

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Luke Brookes will definitely be the future of NSW and Australia. If we win this series then Hodko and Reynolds will be locked in until an injury/suspension comes but the moment Hodko can't play a game Luke Brookes will be there.

As long as Sheens is coach for Australia it'll be Cronk until he's injured/retires. When this happens it'll be Cherry-Evans. If Cherry is injured it'll be Brookes but the moment Cherry comes back Brookes will be dropped again.

Sheens is much like Maninga. He gives the spot to a person and tells them that the spot is theirs until they retire. If they lose it through injury they know they'll get it back the moment they return and any temp player that comes in is told that no matter how well they play they won't retain the spot. The one bonus Sheens has over Maninga is that if a player is playing really horribly then Sheens may drop that player, but they'd have to be playing bad enough to not even be playing first grade.
Luke Brookes is a great talent. But you can't really predict what is going to happen. Players need to keep working hard no matter how much talent they have. They hardest working players will rise to the top. Cooper Cronk is the perfect example. When he went off in Game 1, it cost QLD big time. DCEs kicking game was way off.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I love our boys, but there isn't enough crack on this earth to make me believe that our boys will be the Australian halves in the future. Reynolds maybe bench but thats it. Way too many in front of Hodkinson.
There has got to be a lot of crack on this earth.... are you sure?

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
There has got to be a lot of crack on this earth.... are you sure?
Even Tyrone Biggums in his most drug induced haze could never ever imagining something like the OP comments..lols.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I love our boys, but there isn't enough crack on this earth to make me believe that our boys will be the Australian halves in the future. Reynolds maybe bench but thats it. Way too many in front of Hodkinson.
Like Who??

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love to see Des coaching NSW one day. Probably after couple of premierships for the dogs.
I would rather like to see Haslers bulldogs coaching career expand to the lengths of Sir Alex Ferguson with Man U

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Like Who??
Mate, our boys are 25 now, by the time Thurston and Cronk give it up, our boys will be at least 27-28. By that stage, you will have DCE and Milford at the prime of their career. Would loved to see the boys in but you gotta keep it real.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I would rather like to see Haslers bulldogs coaching career expand to the lengths of Sir Alex Ferguson with Man U
+1, totes agree, seconded, liked, retweeted, thumbed, etc. What a brilliant thought!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Well the if origin is the pinnacle of NRL (and tougher than internationals) you would think the best 4 halves would be the origin ones. Any halves not playing origin are either not the best 4, or dont qualify for either NSW or QLD, which most likely also disqualifies them from playing for Australia as well.

Now if NSW win the series, and our halves outplay theirs, why wouldnt they be chosen in an Australian team? Add to that if we have a great year and we stay near the top of the table or even win the comp. If NSW win the origin series, and we win the comp, Hod and Reynolds are auto picks for Australia.

So never say never. Unless you think NSW cant win the origin series, or the dogs cant win the comp. If thats the case im sad for you, as you are missing the enjoyment i get from always believing until its 100% impossible, that the dogs can do it, and NSW can finally win a series again.

Gallo2014

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This is just my opinion but in my eyes these two will become the next half combo for Australia and lead NSW for years to come! With Cronk and Thurston coming near the end of their playing days these two great players have it in their sights!

They will also lead the Bulldogs to a couple of premierships! Des Hasler must take credit! Well done boys!
What Rubbish!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.