Reserve judgement of players for next year

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t know what most of you expected after Pay was sacked.

No doubt some players are not that good, but we should wait until a full offseason under Barrett to judge the players.

Most of what the team is dishing up out there is due to a lack of proper coaching, fitness and conditioning. This is evident with players playing out of position and having no idea how to defend or what to do with the ball. Also, the bench rotations have been less than optimal.

It’s easy to blame players, like Thompson who came from England to a wooden spoon team after playing no football this year, or Averillo, who’s playing out of position and seemingly has had no coaching how to defend properly.

Stuff like this is down to the coach, who evidently is not head coach material.

So wait until we have a proper coach in Barrett who can help the players improve (just look at Panthers and their players) before calling every player trash.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

No doubt some players are not that good, but we should wait until a full offseason under Barrett to judge the players.

Most of what the team is dishing up out there is due to a lack of proper coaching, fitness and conditioning. This is evident with players playing out of position and having no idea how to defend or what to do with the ball.

It’s easy to blame players, like Thompson who came from England to a wooden spoon team after playing no football this year, or Averillo, who’s playing out of position and seemingly has had no coaching how to defend properly.

So wait until we have a proper coach in Barrett who can help the players improve (just look at Panthers and their players) before calling every player trash.
I agree MrD, but we all, had enough of this circus

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree. When results havent gone their way for a while, its not hard to develop negative culture and bad habits, find themseves short on motivation and confidence etc. How often have we seen players moved to a better team and looked so much better and vice versa.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The problem is there's been too many of the "wait for next years" . It's the boards first year, it's Dean Pay's first off season, wait until we fix the cap and now there's another one with Barrett. I don't see next year being majorly different unless we get some decent signings.

There have been problems since Haslers time but other top notch clubs can solve problems much quicker than we've been able to.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Most of what the team is dishing up out there is due to a lack of proper coaching, fitness and conditioning. This is evident with players playing out of position and having no idea how to defend or what to do with the ball. Also, the bench rotations have been less than optimal.

No sorry I disagree they have had enough time most of them to develop and no coach can develop most of these clowns it’s time to move on most of these clowns Bye bye .

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The problem is there's been too many of the "wait for next years" . It's the boards first year, it's Dean Pay's first off season, wait until we fix the cap and now there's another one with Barrett. I don't see next year being majorly different unless we get some decent signings.

There have been problems since Haslers time but other top notch clubs can solve problems much quicker than we've been able to.
Spot on 100 % correct

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Judgement has already been passed on a lot of them. Guys like Foran & Tolman won't be here next season.

Smith & Montoya are gone.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m talking about the newer and less experienced players - Thompson, Averillo, Wakeham - as well as some players who we know are capable of more - Jackson, DWZ, Smith, Meaney

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We're all bitterly disappointed and venting hard and hoping next year is better and we look like a fg coached team with a fg roster.

Better times and all that.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

The other gift Hasler left us was that he didn't do ANY development whilst he was here. It's a double whammy!