7. Kyle Flanagan
Averillo
Kiraz
Crighton
Skelton/schoup
Addo carr
Burton
7 is our only issue now.
Need a dominant prop to replace Thompson and we are rocking and rolling.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dude we're all trying to avoid this comment
Imagine a back 3 of Casey, lumelume and okunbor :p

They wouldn’t catch omicron in South Africa let alone a high ball :tearsofjoy:

I was cringing when we signed lumelume. Thank god for kiraz. Kept him far far away from first grade.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are not signing Crichton lol
We have fuck all need for Crichton. He has played a few games at fullback and hasn’t done much. Jake has a higher ceiling at fb.

Then we have Alamotti, Kiraz, Schoupp, Casey, etc as future centre options. But we will supposedly drop $750k plus on a bloke to fill a position we actually have covered.

Such a mind numbingly stupid irrelevant rumour ffs

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It’s a pity that Okonbor has feet for hands cos he shows glimpses of good play

Plus imagine standing opposite Okonbor and Skelton …is there a bigger centre /wing combo ?

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Stephen Crichton - If we do not manage to sign him, then Jake Averillo will be play there long term, who is killing it in FG.
2. Jacob Kiraz
3. Jeral Skelton
4. Aaron Schoupp
5. Josh Addo Carr
6. Matt Burton
7. Kyle Flanagan

Not sure how Alamoti and Casey fit in the backline?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Maybe.
Kiraz yardage is needed though, unless Jake can add that string to his bow
I just think Kiraz is far better and far more valuable at centre than he is on the wing and offers a hell of a lot more than Schoupp there. In theory he looks like he could work out great on the wing but he just does so much better with early ball closer infield as opposed to working down the sideline and running off someone else.

As I said in another post it's been a while since we've had a few good options in the one position and instead of trying to piece them all together like a puzzle we might have to make some tough decisions and it might mean we lose a few guys.

I'm just loving the return of the centre, kind of feel it's been a bit of a dead position in recent years but we're now seeing them become key to a lot of good things at a few clubs. Skelton/Kiraz combo has the potential to be just that for us and can do everything from generating metres for us and creating points out of nothing, just need to put the right players around them and the right players are ones with pace.

Anyway anything can happen and things never really unfold the way we like then to :tearsofjoy:

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good win today ! How are the boys from mounties going ? Any promising players?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Averillo
Kiraz
Crighton
Skelton/schoup
Addo carr
Burton
7 is our only issue now.
Need a dominant prop to replace Thompson and we are rocking and rolling.
Mentioned it before, ive moved on from the drama CHN caused... Gus has a relationship with him, I'd offer Thompson to Raiders for CHN.
Would be a gun back-row.
11. CHN
12. Kikau
13. TPJ

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mentioned it before, ive moved on from the drama CHN caused... Gus has a relationship with him, I'd offer Thompson to Raiders for CHN.
Would be a gun back-row.
11. CHN
12. Kikau
13. TPJ
What about RFM

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
What about RFM
Bench gives us the option to play him edge or middle of required. Plus would give us someone with genuine impact, instead of the toilers we generally have there.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
I really enjoyed this game - a very strange one to watch the first 28 mins being all Canberra and for the dogs to score 6 tries in 16 mins between end of first half and beginning of 2nd. Skelton is going to be a superstar for us. Topine belongs in first grade in the near future too. Love his runs and toughness. Wakeham's short dropout and regather was the turning point of the match. We went on from that clever play by him.