Reply I received from Raelene Castle about re-signing Des

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Id happily swap Des but would want a proven performer with a track record.. not convinced on Clearys record amd he got the ass from Penrith..
I mentioned Ivan as there is not much out there at the moment.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you know this is Hasler's 13th year as a head coach and he has 2 premierships to date.

Bennett's first 13 years (from 87 Canberra) he won 5 premierships
Did you know that Bennett at Canberra won fuck all, and did you know that the Broncos do not abide by the salary cap rules due to their massive TPA...

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anyway all i was trying to say is that even though Bennett is the best, Haslers record is pretty good and stacks up quite well.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did you know that Bennett at Canberra won fuck all, and did you know that the Broncos do not abide by the salary cap rules due to their massive TPA...
How does that explain how poor Anthony griffin performed at the Broncos?

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you know that Bennett was assistant coach to Don Furner in 87 when Canberra won the title that year and he was never head coach of Canberra. Those 5 premierships does not include the Canberra one as an assistant but if you want to include it, will call it 6 premierships.

Did you know Des premierships were thanks to backending contracts and keeping the players at the club only to leave Manly as a rubble?

You cannot be taken seriously when you regard the most successful ARL/NRL coach of all time as a "myth"

Take your Des Hasler mask off and smell the roses.

Great coach Hasler is, doesn't drop the most underperforming forward in the history of the game and signs a player who doesn't want to play on Sundays. That's premiership credentials, harmony and quality right there

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did you know that Bennett was assistant coach to Don Furner in 87 when Canberra won the title that year and he was never head coach of Canberra. Those 5 premierships does not include the Canberra one as an assistant but if you want to include it, will call it 6 premierships.

Did you know Des premierships were thanks to backending contracts and keeping the players at the club only to leave Manly as a rubble?

You cannot be taken seriously when you regard the most successful ARL/NRL coach of all time as a "myth"

Great coach Hasler is, doesn't drop the most underperforming forward in the history of the game and signs a player who doesn't want to play on Sundays. That's premiership credentials, harmony and quality right there
Canberra didnt win in 87, and Bennetts first 13 years he only won 4 Prems.

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canberra didnt win in 87, and Bennetts first 13 years he only won 4 Prems.
Correct Canberra didnt win when Bennett was assistant. He began as a full time head coach in 88 and won 5 premierships in his first 13 years.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
you see it as smart ,witty and assertive I see it as patronising ,evasive and dismissive.

As a smart operator I would have taken a leaf out of the warriors CEO letter to the fan and been a little bit more agreeable and at least pretended to be pro active.
Warriors have a lot more to be proactive about. A bunch of players being sttod down and they are not in the 8 despite being called top 4 certainties by most experts. We were called to miss the 8 so we are outperforming expectations. They are underperforming. If u cant see the difference...shoulda shopped at specsavers

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warriors have a lot more to be proactive about. A bunch of players being sttod down and they are not in the 8 despite being called top 4 certainties by most experts. We were called to miss the 8 so we are outperforming expectations. They are underperforming. If u cant see the difference...shoulda shopped at specsavers
U shoulda tell Des to stop at specsavers since he has made it known that he can't see for crap

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

You have your opinion on Des and I have mine on Bennett...

Nobody is doubting that the team have been below mediocre in recent weeks, but we are still coming 5th... I don't give a toss about being mediocre in April or may for that matter... What counts is the back end of the year.

Des hasler is the only coach to have made 2 GF appearances in 4 years... That doesn't happen by a fluke.

There is a reason the players support him and 100% loyal to him along with JD who himself has said that he has 100% faith in Hasler and he thinks that in the last 4 years he learnt from him so much more than he ever had.

Maybe you need to chill a bit and concentrate on the big picture...

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have your opinion on Des and I have mine on Bennett...

Nobody is doubting that the team have been below mediocre in recent weeks, but we are still coming 5th... I don't give a toss about being mediocre in April or may for that matter... What counts is the back end of the year.

Des hasler is the only coach to have made 2 GF appearances in 4 years... That doesn't happen by a fluke.

There is a reason the players support him and 100% loyal to him along with JD who himself has said that he has 100% faith in Hasler and he thinks that in the last 4 years he learnt from him so much more than he ever had.

Maybe you need to chill a bit and concentrate on the big picture...
I don't expect the dogs to win every game and I don't expect them to win the title every year.

I expect improvement year in year out.

I don't see any improvement at all and all I see is "limp" into the finals and hope for the best.

You need to be in the top 4, you need to build momentum, you have to learn from your loses and mistakes during the year and improve the following week.

Do I look at the big picture? I certainly do!

What have I seen? I see Klemmer as the most improved and the most consistent player in the club this year

Graham, Jackson, Tolman, Jmoz, Eastwood have gone backwards. They look disinterested, tired, sapped and lost

Lichaa has gone backwards

Mbye & Reynolds - our lost centres

Dorothy - OMG

Des - he hasn't changed one bit

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
In 1995 we won the comp from 6th place. In 2014 we made the final from 7th place. They way I see it, as long as we are in the top 8, we are a shot.

Remember what happened in 2004? We finished equal first, yet lost the first quarter final against the Cowboys. It just goes to show it doesn't matter where we finish as long as we are there come September.

Now, that said, let's also consider that 2 of our 4 losses have come from a team who was breaching the salary cap, and also got the rub of the green on BOTH occasions.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another aspect which bugs me to death is our lower grades.

We have absolutely nothing in depth and development. Our lower grades and development have been badly disregarded
That is simply not true, we have some serious players in the Holden cup.. 2 or 3 of them with huge raps on them...

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In 1995 we won the comp from 6th place. In 2014 we made the final from 7th place. They way I see it, as long as we are in the top 8, we are a shot.

Remember what happened in 2004? We finished equal first, yet lost the first quarter final against the Cowboys. It just goes to show it doesn't matter where we finish as long as we are there come September.

Now, that said, let's also consider that 2 of our 4 losses have come from a team who was breaching the salary cap, and also got the rub of the green on BOTH occasions.
That 95 team won the MP two years in a row 93,94 and were in the 94 GF, they weren't an average side just had an average season.

In 2010 the roosters made the GF from 6th, and after losing to us 60-14 in round 3. You cant win the GF from outside the 4 these days.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Lol @ all the people who said she didn't care and wouldn't bother answering to fans

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
That is simply not true, we have some serious players in the Holden cup.. 2 or 3 of them with huge raps on them...
U better go check the holden cup table. Its not pretty

Status
Not open for further replies.