CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Actually I can't argue there.

I still remember the loss to the Storm in 2014. We lost but fuck we played with pride and passion and never gave up until the siren. That loss actually made me proud.

So I guess I just care about effort first, then the win, then entertainment.
We lost to the storm in 2012 ;)

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wasnt there a thread that praised the Warrior CEO for replying to a fan? There was moaning on here that Castle would never do that blah blah blah then she does and still moaning LOL.

Those who think it is ALL the coaches fault are living in lala land. While it is the mostly Haslers fault some of the players need to go tah tah, they just arent good enough. I suppose it is easier to just say "aw the coach sucks blah blah" rather than call out some our players out who are way passed their used by dates cough* eastwood *cough.
I am proud of RC for replying even though I expect this from her.

her reply was sharp, witty and assertive. It goes to show what a smart operator she is.

As I have told lots of you before, Des hasn't lost the dressing room, far from it. he is regarded as one of the best by many of our players.

You guys seem to forget that you don't win GF's in April or May... It's a long season, I am not saying we are playing to our potential or even close to it, yet we still are managing to slip under the radar and place 5th.

I have taken notes of those of you who are calling for Des's head, only to shove it back in your faces in September when we are playing final footy.
you see it as smart ,witty and assertive I see it as patronising ,evasive and dismissive.

As a smart operator I would have taken a leaf out of the warriors CEO letter to the fan and been a little bit more agreeable and at least pretended to be pro active.

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Bennett is a myth...He was found out with his major fail at Newcastle
You would be kissing Bennetts bottom if he was coach of the dogs.

It's a shame the board wouldn't sign Bennett because he wanted control of everything in the club, though Hasler was giving the green light.

Bennett myth? lol.
Just ask St Merge, NZ test team, QLD team, Broncos, Aus test team.

lolololololololololol. Bennett has Des in his back pocket

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Like I've said before, fuck the entertainment, I want wins. Nothing is more entertaining than a win.

A boring win is the same as an entertaining win.
I'm inclined to agree.

Whilst entertaining footy is great, I think the real beefs from people come down to a lack of premierships.

The English weren't complaining when their boring at batshit rugby won them a World Cup in 2003, and I doubt any Dogs fans when we won Grand Finals in the mid-80s under the grinding and defensive strategies of Warren Ryan.

In sport, winning is pretty much everything (although I also prefer winners who play fair etc) :grinning:

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

It's a shame the board wouldn't sign Bennett because he wanted control of everything in the club, though Hasler was giving the green light.

Bennett myth? lol.

LMAO... Actually I won't... he is a myth.. just look at the teams you are quoting...

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Bennett myth? lol.

Bennet is the coach of all coaches, but did you know that since Des has started coaching they both have won two GFs but Des had made more finals series than Wayne and more GFs.

I'd still take Benny though.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I don't remember that game lol
I think it was 2014...we were never going to win the game but the boys played tough, with heart and pride and it was entertaining, even though we lost.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm inclined to agree.

Whilst entertaining footy is great, I think the real beefs from people come down to a lack of premierships.

The English weren't complaining when their boring at batshit rugby won them a World Cup in 2003, and I doubt any Dogs fans when we won Grand Finals in the mid-80s under the grinding and defensive strategies of Warren Ryan.

In sport, winning is pretty much everything (although I also prefer winners who play fair etc) :grinning:
But entertaining footy doesn't have to be like the tigers or what not. Playing with intent and aggression can be great to watch. Atm the dogs are just playing through the motions week after week.

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bennet is the coach of all coaches, but did you know that since Des has started coaching they both have won two GFs but Des had made more finals series than Wayne and more GFs.

I'd still take Benny though.
Did you know this is Hasler's 13th year as a head coach and he has 2 premierships to date.

Bennett's first 13 years (from 87 Canberra) he won 5 premierships

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
But entertaining footy doesn't have to be like the tigers or what not. Playing with intent and aggression can be great to watch. Atm the dogs are just playing through the motions week after week.
Now you're talking brother.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think it was 2014...we were never going to win the game but the boys played tough, with heart and pride and it was entertaining, even though we lost.
I can't even remember the last time we lost to the storm other than the GF lol

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Go to the Ponga thread.. a few are dead certain on having Cleary instead of Des..

What the hell has Cleary ever achieved to warrant head coach with us
I hope des proves me wrong I really do. I mentioned Ivan cleary in the other thread only if des doesn't perform. I don't mind losing but it's the manner in which we are losing that's frustrating. At times we look like we don't train in the off season. Also I think that not dropping under performing players is bad for juniors coming through. They must be thinking what do I need to do to get Trex is spot. As people mention things seem obvious to so many here and outside but not the coaching staff. Don't want to be negative but if what we try is not working try something different. Ivan might get a wooden spoon but it's about trying something different if des fails.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was it round 18; we won 6-4, one of the lowest scoring games of the season...?
Played in atrocious conditions in Melbourne, Saturday night game.

I was in Paris and caught it on replay.

~c.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope des proves me wrong I really do. I mentioned Ivan cleary in the other thread only if des doesn't perform. I don't mind losing but it's the manner in which we are losing that's frustrating. At times we look like we don't train in the off season. Also I think that not dropping under performing players is bad for juniors coming through. They must be thinking what do I need to do to get Trex is spot. As people mention things seem obvious to so many here and outside but not the coaching staff. Don't want to be negative but if what we try is not working try something different. Ivan might get a wooden spoon but it's about trying something different if des fails.
Id happily swap Des but would want a proven performer with a track record.. not convinced on Clearys record amd he got the ass from Penrith..

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Was it round 18; we won 6-4, one of the lowest scoring games of the season...?
Played in atrocious conditions in Melbourne, Saturday night game.

I was in Paris and caught it on replay.

~c.
Yes that's it!

Status
Not open for further replies.