Reply I received from Raelene Castle about re-signing Des

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
An arrogant egomaniac?

TG mentioned that Dymock is the attacking coach, even if he was do you really think Des will let him coach let alone listen to his opinion?

Of Course he listens to his opinion, lots of the plays that our forwards run are coming from JD

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Of Course he listens to his opinion, lots of the plays that our forwards run are coming from JD
So why isn't Des over-riding his plays with his own? He is the head coach isn't he? Or can't he do any better himself?

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even Bennett couldn't get the best out of that shit team.
Because he is a Myth. he has unlimited Cap at the broncos... It's simply not a level playing field at the broncos mate.

have a look at their roster and tell me that they aren't over the Cap...

The simple fact that they play every Friday gives them an advantage that no other NRL team has.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Because he is a Myth. he has unlimited Cap at the broncos... It's simply not a level playing field at the broncos mate.

have a look at their roster and tell me that they aren't over the Cap...

The simple fact that they play every Friday gives them an advantage that no other NRL team has.
Maybe he is a myth? Maybe Des is a myth too?

I don't really care, I just want supercoach to finally find a game plan that suits the players he picked. And if he can't after 4 years then yes, time to find a coach that will.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So why isn't Des over-riding his plays with his own? He is the head coach isn't he? Or can't he do any better himself?
I think Des works more like a manager than coach.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
LOL I have... Have you??

naa , just heard him on TV on how we should attack to be more potent.

said the same thing last year about our attack.

i just joined the dot which tells you what he thinks of Des.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I think Des works more like a manager than coach.
Well as a manager, if our attacking coach is not working out, why can't he manage to find one that will?

It's like Des is the nrl's answer to Wenger.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maybe he is a myth? Maybe Des is a myth too?

I don't really care, I just want supercoach to finally find a game plan that suits the players he picked. And if he can't after 4 years then yes, time to find a coach that will.
Neither are myths.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I am proud of RC for replying even though I expect this from her.

her reply was sharp, witty and assertive. It goes to show what a smart operator she is.

As I have told lots of you before, Des hasn't lost the dressing room, far from it. he is regarded as one of the best by many of our players.

You guys seem to forget that you don't win GF's in April or May... It's a long season, I am not saying we are playing to our potential or even close to it, yet we still are managing to slip under the radar and place 5th.

I have taken notes of those of you who are calling for Des's head, only to shove it back in your faces in September when we are playing final footy.

I thought the OP's mail was ridiculous, way over the top and I really liked Raelene's reply.

I am like a lot of you though who are quite disheartened at the moment, it is hard not to be. But sacking Des doesn't automatically mean a new phase would be ushered in where we play like the dogs of old and win premierships. For all anyone knows if we sack Des we will be getting a spoon the next year.

There are plenty of areas for improvement in the club. The way we play, our player recruitment and our junior development. All of this can be rectified so I am happy to let them try.

This opinion may change if we don't make the finals but I am sure we willl and that is half the battle.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Well as a manager, if our attacking coach is not working out, why can't he manage to find one that will?
Because Des obviously sees nothing wrong with it? This is the style of footy he wants the dogs to play. Like i said in another thread, Des doesn't give a shit about the entertainment value in footy. He just plays the numbers.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Because Des obviously sees nothing wrong with it? This is the style of footy he wants the dogs to play. Like i said in another thread, Des doesn't give a shit about the entertainment value in footy. He just plays the numbers.
Like I've said before, fuck the entertainment, I want wins. Nothing is more entertaining than a win.

A boring win is the same as an entertaining win.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Like I've said before, fuck the entertainment, I want wins. Nothing is more entertaining than a win.

A boring win is the same as an entertaining win.
I wanna see good footy. I care about the entertainment. Why else would i watch something if i don't enoy it.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I wanna see good footy. I care about the entertainment. Why else would i watch something if i don't enoy it.
My point is the entertainment is the icing on the cake.

Tigers are more entertaining but still suck arse lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
My point is the entertainment is the icing on the cake.
Meh. I can handle a loss if i enjoy watching the team play. Atm a win and a loss almost feel the same.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree the coach is mostly to blame, but at some stage some of these players have to take accountability. What Im really saying is if or when we get a new coach it isnt going to make some of these players automatically better, it may make some pull finger but others are just past their used by dates at this club. Some of those are many of TKs favourites. Thats another thing i was getting at too, the Kennel love to blame just a few people but completely give others, who are equally bad, a pass.

Anyway I am on the "New coach" train as well. If we do get one I hope he brings a lot of new players with him becasue this lot is not up to it.
I agree with you ,there are a few weak links in the team and no coach will be able to fix the problems without at least changing the game plan ..

My beef with Des is NOT his coaching ability.. I have no idea how to coach and I don't care if we're boring to watch .. I watch regardless

what my beef is , Des has shot himself in the foot and seems to have unraveled a strong team by arrogantly dropping players to 'mould' rookies into how he wants them to play at the expense of the team.

The tight structure of the game plan seems to fall apart once its broken by the opposition or the refs.

When we had the experienced blokes ,we were able to overcome adverse calls by sheer will power and on field level headedness by Ennis , Hodko and Pritchard.

We manufactured tight wins through sheer vision and maturity.
How many times in 2014 do we only win by 1? Thanks to Hodko

Des has undervalued the presence of experienced players on the field with his very defensive snd structured game plan and drops them like garbage yet will hold on to others .

That's my beef

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Meh. I can handle a loss if i enjoy watching the team play. Atm a win and a loss almost feel the same.
Actually I can't argue there.

I still remember the loss to the Storm in 2014. We lost but fuck we played with pride and passion and never gave up until the siren. That loss actually made me proud.

So I guess I just care about effort first, then the win, then entertainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.