Reply I received from Raelene Castle about re-signing Des

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am proud of RC for replying even though I expect this from her.

her reply was sharp, witty and assertive. It goes to show what a smart operator she is.

As I have told lots of you before, Des hasn't lost the dressing room, far from it. he is regarded as one of the best by many of our players.

You guys seem to forget that you don't win GF's in April or May... It's a long season, I am not saying we are playing to our potential or even close to it, yet we still are managing to slip under the radar and place 5th.

I have taken notes of those of you who are calling for Des's head, only to shove it back in your faces in September when we are playing final footy.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

her reply was sharp, witty and assertive. It goes to show what a smart operator she is.

As I have told lots of you before, Des hasn't lost the dressing room, far from it. he is regarded as one of the best by many of our players.

You guys seem to forget that you don't win GF's in April or May... It's a long season, I am not saying we are playing to our potential or even close to it, yet we still are managing to slip under the radar and place 5th.

I have taken notes of those of you who are calling for Des's head, only to shove it back in your faces in September when we are playing final footy.

Please put me on top of the list, more than happy to be proven wrong, but i know for sure that come final footy, this repeated BS wont win us the comp.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

All due respect you can shove it back in our faces if/when we win the GF. If/when we get booted out of the finals we will shove it right back into your face.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I think we will play finals footy, I have always thought this Des just doesnt miss finals footy. I too think he is a GREAT coach, unlike others who throw the words "overrated" and "dud" around, I just think it is time for some new and fresh. Hopefully he does prove us wrong and some of the players as well.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
I think we will play finals footy, I have always thought this Des just doesnt miss finals footy. I too think he is a GREAT coach, unlike others who throw the words "overrated" and "dud" around, I just think it is time for some new and fresh. Hopefully he does prove us wrong and some of the players as well.
We will be there september but dont be upset if we dont make it past 1st / 2nd round

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Nobody can deny that he isn't a good coach, its just his shitty "game plan" doesn't suit our team obviously and he can't get the best out of our players. That being said the buck stops with him, he hand picked this team, so even if the players aren't living up to the reputation it's still on Des.

Like I've said before, any other coach (apart from Bennett) would be a downgrade. Des just has to put his ego and arrogance to the side and bite the bullet that he, and his team, has to change and improve.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

So you see improvement? Where? I absolutely hate out style of footy, it is terrible and i can't see any improvement in the side unless we change that. I can not understand why Des continues with this negative style of footy.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
So you see improvement? Where? I absolutely hate out style of footy, it is terrible and i can't see any improvement in the side unless we change that. I can not understand why Des continues with this negative style of footy.
I know you dont like our halves but they need to start taking control and steer the team around. The fwds need to hit it hard. We run so fken soft. Especially Tolman.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nobody can deny that he isn't a good coach, its just his shitty "game plan" doesn't suit our team obviously and he can't get the best out of our players. That being said the buck stops with him, he hand picked this team, so even if the players aren't living up to the reputation it's still on Des.

Like I've said before, any other coach (apart from Bennett) would be a downgrade. Des just has to put his ego and arrogance to the side and bite the bullet that he, and his team, has to change and improve.
There are some on here who think he is "overrated" and the rest. Anyway I agree with your post 100%.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
What about Craig Bellamy?

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know you dont like our halves but they need to start taking control and steer the team around. The fwds need to hit it hard. We run so fken soft. Especially Tolman.
Just my opinion but i only think three forwards run it hard, they are Klemm, Kas and Jacko. Kas doesnt do it often enough so that leaves only two players in our pack who run it hard and straight.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I like Moses. And yes our halves do need to take control, but under this current style of footy that will not happen. Des wants us to play around teams and not through them. So he sets our forwards up in the middle third and the halves on the edges while standing flat. There is absolutely no variation in our play, and it is ridiculous to think that one of the fastest halves in the game is not allowed to play through the middle third and run at slower bodies.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Just my opinion but i only think three forwards run it hard, they are Klemm, Kas and Jacko. Kas doesnt do it often enough so that leaves only two players in our pack who run it hard and straight.
That is because Des gives Kasiano 10 minute stints

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Des is not a dud , but ask Mick Ennis , he will tell ya what he is.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
What about Craig Bellamy?
I honestly see him as a fraud, take out the illegally formed "big 3" and he is nothing.

All he introduced was the wrestle and chicken wing tackles and I think the crusher tackle as well.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think Bennett is a myth...He was found out with his major fail at Newcastle

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Des is not a dud , but ask Mick Ennis , he will tell ya what he is.
An arrogant egomaniac?

TG mentioned that Dymock is the attacking coach, even if he was do you really think Des will let him coach let alone listen to his opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.