News Reply From John Khoury

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
100%, they are human and love the dogs just like us. I’ve asked to meet up and he’s always been there and we’ve had a few scotches over a good yarn. Don’t get me wrong he doesn’t reveal any confidential football club business but he does give a really good insight on how bloody hard it is to make everyone happy.
That’s similar to my experience too.
I wouldn’t want him to offer up confidential info, that to me would be a worry but I’ve always found John thoroughly professional and has plenty of integrity.

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s true. I’ve got John’s number and some other directors too. Got them on LinkedIn etc. It’s not hard when you make the effort (usually as a member) to get to know them. They are all nice guys who make an effort with those with the clubs best interests at heart.
When we win the comp in 04 we had access to so many phone numbers (gus fatty gallop etc) whoever banked at a particular bank. We prank called all of them, fuck it was a laugh. Ahhh memories

hope there a statute of limitations on that charge

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
When we win the comp in 04 we had access to so many phone numbers (gus fatty gallop etc) whoever banked at a particular bank. We prank called all of them, fuck it was a laugh. Ahhh memories
Ha. I had a friend whose father ran a business that Rabs was a customer of. My mate rang him once and said ‘Really good call last night Ray, however do you have a couple of minutes to discuss what I consider to be some short comings?’ Rabs wasn’t impressed. Luckily that was in the days before Caller ID :-).

aymz maz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As I mentioned last week I posted up a message to his messenger,we both went to school together.
I got my reply today from him and I’ll share what messages where exchanged

I said

Hey mate coach has lost dressing room since weeks ,no effort what so ever.
Is this the rebuild you envisioned ?
I’m paying $850 for gold and am just dissapointed .

Hi djdeep4172

Thank you for your message.

I understand the past month and last weekend result was very disappointing for you and all of us.

There is a lot in your message but the below message circulating amongst some members is a good summary of the facts too. Gus has reiterated some of this been extra open about the impact of long term injuries catching up to a team of the youngest players in the NRL.

————-
The Bulldogs NRL side have been impacted by long term injuries to some of their best forwards and other key players.

Phil Gould has been more than open and honest in his media conference earlier this week. There is a plan and the club is finally showing resolve for the long term plan.

The Bulldogs have the youngest and most inexperienced squad in the competition.

The Bulldogs have debuted the most players so far.

The Bulldogs have used the most players from their extended squads in their NRL side so far this year.

With the wider game impacted by a shortage of quality available talent, the club has rightfully focused on becoming a development club again, whilst saving their cap for quality players as and when when they become available.

Examples of recent successful recruits include: Matt Burton, Josh Ado-Carr, Jacob Kiraz, Reed Mahoney, Jacob Preston, Villame Kikau, Bronson Xerri, Stephen Crighton and youngsters such as Jordon Semrani and Blake Wilson.

The Bulldogs lower grades and pathways are competitive again. Harold Matt's (under 17s) won Grand Final for first time in 12 years, the girls (Tarsha Gale cup) and Harvey Norman women squads each finished runners up, NSW cup (reserve grade) are currently coming 1st and Jersey Flegg (under 21s) are coming 2nd. Regional partnership in Toowoomba, regional NSW and NZ now in place now.

Bulldogs sponsorship is strong, government and community programs are active again. The club has secured a new Belmore Sports Ground Centre of Excellence with government funding.

The board responsibility is to ensure the right culture, team work, and hiring the right people are in place. They have done this through the systems and people now in place.

As fans and members we should rally around the board, management and have faith in Phil Gould, Cameron Ciraldo and Travis Touma. They all the right team to lead us into the future.

Then I replied back and said
All good John I know it’s been tough ,I think we have found gold with Toby sexton,he has unlocked Burton also.
They both had their best games individually .
Hopefully we can recruit just one or two solid middles for 2024.

As most members dissapointed to see Jake averilo leave but with Xerri and Crichton’s comeing we’ll be in good hands moving forward.
Thanks for your reply
Keep up the good work.
djdeep4172

John replied -
It’s a long race.
We have the youngest team in the NRL. Club is building nicely

Then I said
I think we lost our way a bit mid year,but well bounce back I think the next few weeks we’ll be on the up and cause a few upsets.

He replied-

Nice to hear from you take care of yourself speak soon

View attachment 76044

Reecek89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So he have no answers at all, just repeated what Gus said lol

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I mentioned last week I posted up a message to his messenger,we both went to school together.
I got my reply today from him and I’ll share what messages where exchanged

I said

Hey mate coach has lost dressing room since weeks ,no effort what so ever.
Is this the rebuild you envisioned ?
I’m paying $850 for gold and am just dissapointed .

Hi djdeep4172

Thank you for your message.

I understand the past month and last weekend result was very disappointing for you and all of us.

There is a lot in your message but the below message circulating amongst some members is a good summary of the facts too. Gus has reiterated some of this been extra open about the impact of long term injuries catching up to a team of the youngest players in the NRL.

————-
The Bulldogs NRL side have been impacted by long term injuries to some of their best forwards and other key players.

Phil Gould has been more than open and honest in his media conference earlier this week. There is a plan and the club is finally showing resolve for the long term plan.

The Bulldogs have the youngest and most inexperienced squad in the competition.

The Bulldogs have debuted the most players so far.

The Bulldogs have used the most players from their extended squads in their NRL side so far this year.

With the wider game impacted by a shortage of quality available talent, the club has rightfully focused on becoming a development club again, whilst saving their cap for quality players as and when when they become available.

Examples of recent successful recruits include: Matt Burton, Josh Ado-Carr, Jacob Kiraz, Reed Mahoney, Jacob Preston, Villame Kikau, Bronson Xerri, Stephen Crighton and youngsters such as Jordon Semrani and Blake Wilson.

The Bulldogs lower grades and pathways are competitive again. Harold Matt's (under 17s) won Grand Final for first time in 12 years, the girls (Tarsha Gale cup) and Harvey Norman women squads each finished runners up, NSW cup (reserve grade) are currently coming 1st and Jersey Flegg (under 21s) are coming 2nd. Regional partnership in Toowoomba, regional NSW and NZ now in place now.

Bulldogs sponsorship is strong, government and community programs are active again. The club has secured a new Belmore Sports Ground Centre of Excellence with government funding.

The board responsibility is to ensure the right culture, team work, and hiring the right people are in place. They have done this through the systems and people now in place.

As fans and members we should rally around the board, management and have faith in Phil Gould, Cameron Ciraldo and Travis Touma. They all the right team to lead us into the future.

Then I replied back and said
All good John I know it’s been tough ,I think we have found gold with Toby sexton,he has unlocked Burton also.
They both had their best games individually .
Hopefully we can recruit just one or two solid middles for 2024.

As most members dissapointed to see Jake averilo leave but with Xerri and Crichton’s comeing we’ll be in good hands moving forward.
Thanks for your reply
Keep up the good work.
djdeep4172

John replied -
It’s a long race.
We have the youngest team in the NRL. Club is building nicely

Then I said
I think we lost our way a bit mid year,but well bounce back I think the next few weeks we’ll be on the up and cause a few upsets.

He replied-

Nice to hear from you take care of yourself speak soon
Similar to the reply I received.
Mine was before Gus' 15 minutes with the media and more personalised fwiw.

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

hope there a statute of limitations on that charge
We rang gallop the day of the presentation at Belmore going off at him, yelling pleasantries such as GO THE DOGGSSS GO U FKN DOGS OF WARRR DOGS ARE PREMIERS U CUNTTT HOW DO U LIKE THAT

he didn’t bat an eyelid, pretended he couldn’t hear and replied “yes mate, I’m at the dogs”

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We rang gallop the day of the presentation at Belmore going off at him, yelling pleasantries such as GO THE DOGGSSS GO U FKN DOGS OF WARRR DOGS ARE PREMIERS U CUNTTT HOW DO U LIKE THAT

he didn’t bat an eyelid, pretended he couldn’t hear and replied “yes mate, I’m at the dogs”
Different times indeed.
Hopefully, we see similar sooner rather than later, hey!
Watching the CB area go off chops during Finals is an experience that most people will never understand, and more so when the insanity from winning the GF is realized!
The next time it occurs is going to be massive after this extended period of wait.
I can't wait for it!