Reni Maitua

Status
Not open for further replies.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
From the telecrap....

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/renis-ready-to-go-now/story-fni3ga7r-1226668083556

[h=1]Reni Maitua is considering a mid-season switch of clubs[/h]
  • <cite class="author author-james-phelps ">James Phelps</cite>
  • <cite> The Sunday Telegraph </cite>
  • June 23, 2013 11:41AM

[h=4]Share[/h]
e

RENI Maitua could play his last game for Parramatta today, with the face of the Ricky Stuart cleanout being hunted by rival clubs.

Set to line up for Eels in their ANZ Stadium clash with South Sydney, Maitua admitted his future could be decided in the next seven days.
The Eels captain is considering a mid-season switch.
The Sunday Telegraph can reveal that Maitua's manager Sam Ayoub has held discussion with several clubs about an immediate switch, with at least two Sydney-based outfits serious about signing the former Test player.
Despite being told he was one of 12 players fighting for their futures at the Eels, Maitua has been a stand-out player for the club this season and has showed he still has plenty to offer.
With a year left to run on his contract with the Eels, Maitua has been told he is free to go and he could be granted an immediate release this week if he can secure a deal before the June 30 transfer cut-off for mid-season transfers.
That is looming as a serious option for Maitua, 31, who is adamant he still has plenty to offer in the NRL.
"I have to have a look around," he said.
"Ricky wants to keep me to the end of the year, but if something comes up between now and the 30th I would have to look at it.
"I love Parramatta, but I kind of have to look after myself and if I have to make a change by June 30, which is going to help my cause for another year, then I will do it."
Maitua said he was unaware of what options he had because Ayoub was handling the negotiations.
"At this stage I have left that up to my manager," Maitua said.
"I don't really want to think about it too much because my focus is playing well for the Eels and playing the game against Souths.
"My focus is still the Eels."
Maitua said he would not leave the Eels unless he could find a strong club at which to finish his career.
"There are only a few clubs I would consider going to," he said.
"There is no point in leaving in going to a club that might be going through a rebuilding phase.
"I am looking for a club that has good management, good structures and something that is going to fit well with me and the style of game I play. I have to weigh all that up."
Maitua also flagged the possibility of ending his stellar, yet controversial career early.
"If these things don't come into play then retirement would be another option," Maitua said.
" I won't go to England and I won't move away from my family."
Maitua stressed he would still be committed to Parramatta should he not be able to find a suitable deal.
"My heart is still with Parramatta at this stage," he said.
"And it will be until the day I leave. I love the club and they are the ones that gave me a life-line and an opportunity and I still want to repay them."

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Tigers could definitely use him

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Reni always seems to have his best seasons when his contract is up for renewal.

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
Im probably reading into it too much but there is a pic on twitter with Maitua, t-Rex, Pritchard and Kas.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im probably reading into it too much but there is a pic on twitter with Maitua, t-Rex, Pritchard and Kas.
That was taken on Saturday at a bulldogs reunion. There's also a picture of Kas with shifty

Status
Not open for further replies.