Reni Maitua has revealed how he contemplated taking his own life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Very sad news. I really hope that he can get his life together and get back on track fairly soon.

A

Alexander the Great

A very sad story and hard to read.

Once a great player with us and hopefully everything works out well for him.
I hope he can finish his career off with us on a good note thats if the board lets him have his role back.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That is deep and sad

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I feel for the guy. Good on him for being brave enough to tell his story, some people would be ashamed to do so. He's a true bulldog and i hope he can sort his life out. Heres hoping grubs like billy slater don't taunt him on the field as in the case of corey Patterson.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
"Canterbury is my plan A, B, C and D". My respect for Reni has just grown 10 fold!!!

Reni love ya man, hopefully the board will do the right thing by you on Tuesday. Never give up and never surrender. Keep the faith. I've been there too.

St Anthony is my guiding light :pray2:

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
would be great if we can send him out with another premiership before he retires

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Geez we all make mistakes ,i think des will push to give him a go

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ahh my boy reni... Chin up buddy you'll be right.

Depression is a hard thing to deal with, but lets hope he can dig himself out of this.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I blame Ricky Stuart for being ruthless with peoples lives. Thank God for Willy.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
wow. Very sad to hear that. Fans look at footy players as just players and criticise their every move. They are human too and have issues off the field just like most people do.

Firstly I hope Reni continues to fight his demons, and secondly I hope the club give him another chance to show us how good he can be. He has rare passion for the club and I think it will re-light the fire in his belly and he cold be a great signing and role model for our younger forwards.

All the best Reni.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I feel extremely sorry for reni depression is a horrible thing.
Having said that, the timing of this story is a little suspect and I think designed to put pressure on the club to give him yet another chance. He attempted suicide halfway through last year and the story is told, now, days before the bulldogs disciplinary committee decides his fate ? How will the bulldogs look if they fire a kid with depression.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He wants to be at the bulldogs, so we and the club should support him through this. He will always put in 100% for us on the field.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sad story, although I must say the timing of this article is convenient with the hearing this week.

doggie-style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Timing of the story is sus but the bulldogs already know about this before he signed

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Timing of the story is sus but the bulldogs already know about this before he signed
Yeah, but everybody else on the east coast of Australia didn't. Now there's pressure on the club to give him another chance.

TONGA12

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah, but everybody else on the east coast of Australia didn't. Now there's pressure on the club to give him another chance.
I'm sure the dogs came up with this idea for fans to except the decision to give Reni another go a

Status
Not open for further replies.