Religious Discussion Thread

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You seek evidence of a singular lineage. Which is not the case in evolution.

Its an argument used by religious apologists to other religious apologists who dont bother to understand the science behind evolution.
Is their any scientist who knows everything about evolution.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Are there any Christians who know everything about God Kelpie?

As with religion, science is a continual evolving process of searching for understanding and truth..a quest common for both sides..:blush:

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not really, I'm using the typical atheist argument..

Nah, you're just trying to be pedantic. You're trying to make all Atheists hostile as you want conflict, and you're painting all Atheists with the same brush.

I don't want evidence of your God. I know there isn't sufficient evidence of your God just as there isn't sufficient evidence of many things hypothesised in the world. But it's your God and you believe it and that's fine. You can believe whatever you want.

But if you really want to turn it into an argument I can.

You want evidence of our God, we want evidence of yours.. I mean what is it? bacteria?
Nope. Don't have a God.

and also, how did the Earth form for life to even exist in the first place?
That's two different questions that you seem to be equating into one. Are you asking how the earth formed?

If that's the case then it's a complex series of things but basically put, it's a combination of matter and gravity. Gravity draws matter together and you end up with a ball. The ball shape is due to the amount of mass (causing gravity to be stronger) and momentum spin.

If you're asking how life formed, that's a lot more complex. Simple answer is, don't know. There's many ideas but not enough evidence to say what caused life to form. Could it have been God? Maybe, but there's no evidence of that. Much more evidence it could have been something else, but not enough to say what caused it.

see it's easy for you guys to say oh you can't just use God as a reason
You can use God as a reason if you want. No one is stopping you. If that's what you believe then good for you. Just don't go telling others to ignore evidence because it may offend God. Instead tell them to embrace whatever they want, while also saying that God gives you strength. You don't need to spit on other people's beliefs just to make you feel more comfortable with your belief.

and yet you don't even have legitimate answers for existence in its entirety, it's all speculation and theories...
You honestly need to learn more about science before you start shitting on everyone. I don't mean to sound offensive but it really makes you sound stupid when you make comments like this. I'm sure you're not stupid. But if you're going to say, "it's all theories" then at least know what a scientific theory is. We live in an age where information is readily available thanks to science. Use that information. Don't shit on people with terrible ill-educated arguments then get upset when they laugh at you.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's a never ending circle that will continue until Christs return.

Until then, we say "God" and they will say "science".

Science is just another religion these days to some people.
The sad thing is that this comment is true. Many treat science as a religion and you should never, ever treat it as a religion. That's the opposite of science.

Science is the search for what is most likely to be true. It's never something that you should put faith in. It's a tool you use to find answers, always knowing that those answers could be wrong.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
No. Definitely not. Not even remotely. Anyone who tells you that they know any subject 100% certain, be it God, evolution, anything, that person is a liar.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

As with religion, science is a continual evolving process of searching for understanding and truth..a quest common for both sides..:blush:
Not sure it's a fair question mate, but no human is or can ever be perfect so even trying to remember everything Jesus taught would be impossible.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used to lose my shit when people took the piss out of Christianity, now I genuinely feel sorry for them and laugh it off.

It might be a cliche, but I haven't got enough faith to be an atheist, it's easier for my human mind to believe a Intelligent Creator (God) created the world than to believe "nothing hit nothing and created everything".

My personal belief is that NOBODY will find any proof that God does or doesn't exist, otherwise it won't be faith anymore and the masses will just follow blindly and basically be "forced" to comply.

I just actually look at "evidence" or their theories and try to link it to Genesis. IE obviously don't know everything about evolution (as it's a waste of research time for me) but IIRC all life started from the ocean. NOW, did they get this idea from the Bible they hate with a passion?

Genesis 1:2 (KJV) And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
I guess you still hate me, but 1 of my arguments has always been that it's easier for me to believe in an Almighty creater than to accept that (nothing made something out of nothing). Unfortunately our Athiests friends don't realise that by been athiests they actually believe that (nothing made something out of nothing)

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's definitely some ubseeable force driving the Universe, and we have no idea what it is. The movement part is easy. We know what caused that and we know why it continues to happen. But we don't know what is causing the Universe to expand at an accelerated rate.

I wouldn't jump to calling it "God", but I can say for certain that no one really knows what it is.
So this unforeseeable force you talked about, could be the almighty, I'm not sure that any scientist would be able to explain in simple English why the movement part continues to happen.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not sure it's a fair question mate, but no human is or can ever be perfect so even trying to remember everything Jesus taught would be impossible.
My point Kelpie, is no one will ever really know about either completely... I mean religious scholars have spent 2000 years studying the texts of the Bible and still find new things, and come to different understandings.. It is the same with scientific studies, scientists come to new understandings as they investigate more..

The common questions that nearly all humans have asked is, Where have we come from? And why are we here? Some search for it in the words of Jesus and God, others search for it in the evolution of our own species, and species around us.

We aren’t mutually exclusive..we are all united in the same questions we ask. We have just taken different pathways to search for the answers. :blush:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So this unforeseeable force you talked about, could be the almighty, I'm not sure that any scientist would be able to explain in simple English why the movement part continues to happen.
Intertia.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope. Sorry. I should explain it better.

Everything that lives has mutations. Everything. You, me, a monkey, a worm, a fly. We are born with these mutations. Usually the mutations are tiny. Mostly unnoticable. But mutations are passed on to offspring. If they are beneficial then they have a bigger chance of sticking around. If they are not beneficial then they have a lower chance of sticking around. For example, if you developed a mutation that makes you allergic to water then you won't survive very long. But if you develop a mutation that allows you to consume cow's milk and there's a limited food supply, then that will help you survive longer than others, making you more likely to breed and pass it on to others.

But mutations aren't usually a quick thing. Or a big thing. They are tiny changes. If they stick around and keep getting passed on then they will get stronger. So if two children in a village are born with two different mutations. One is slightly allergic to water. The baby can still drink water but feels a little sick. The other child is slightly better at drinking cows milk. While everyone else throws up the cows milk and fails to get nutrients from it, this one child manages to get a bit of norishment from it. So that child becomes stronger, the other child becomes weaker. When they grow up into adults, the stronger one is more likely to mate because he can beat up the weaker one. His children will be stronger than the children of the other one. Eventually the descendants of water allergy kid will probably die out due to lack of breeding, not being able to get sufficient food, or just by being killed by the stronger group.

This is a minor evolutionary change but it shows how it works. For larger changes, that takes a lot longer. Millions of years.

So no. Two monkeys can't make love and produce a human. Two monkeys could make love and produce something that's very slightly different to both of them. And their offspring could mate and pass it on, and after hundreds of thousands, or millions of years, we'll have something that looks completely different.

BTW, humans didn't evolve from monkeys, but that's another discussion altogether.
I thought that the general consence amongst scientists was that humans did evolve from monkeys, but you say that humans didn't evolve from monkeys, so I would ask how did humans evolve, I would like to know the scientific answer to that, after all many scientists don't believe in god.
Mind you whether we evolve from monkeys dose'nt disprove God to me anyway.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Either you're not looking for evidence or you don't understand it. I'm guessing it's the former.

But I can take the discussion to your level. Prove to me that the apostles wrote the books of the new testament.
Ok you don't believe what was written and recordered 2000 years ago, should not be believed, Don't you realise that all through the last 2000 years people have tried to discredit Christian liturature, but it has survived.
I know for a fact that my Church has gone to great lengths to acurately maintain the very words written by the Apostles and others around that time.
To me that more significent than any theory about evolution put forward by both bona fidy scientists, misfits, stires and those with a groudge

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

BTW, there are many outsiders but even some from within, saying that our Church is not keeping up with the times,
ie. modern society.
I have said it many times that they are the ones looking for that convienent GOD who makes their life easy, or to put in the exact words God has to agree with everything they want to do, in order for them to believe in him.
At the monent bro, I'm suffering from an overdose of Covet, so please pray a Hail Mary for me.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not going to jump to conclusions and outright say this is definitely a targeted attack. But I will say, just as police have been targeted, I would not be surprised due to the msm narrative for pst few years especially since the row v wade thing if this indeed was targeted.
When there is so much fear mongering going on it makes a lot of sense.

Either way, I’m sure he died with a smile in his heart. RIP

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought that the general consence amongst scientists was that humans did evolve from monkeys, but you say that humans didn't evolve from monkeys, so I would ask how did humans evolve, I would like to know the scientific answer to that, after all many scientists don't believe in god.
Mind you whether we evolve from monkeys dose'nt disprove God to me anyway.
Humans didn't evolve from monkeys and no biological scientist would say that. We evolved from an early primate species.

Monkeys and humans both evolved. We went one direction, monkeys went another direction. But monkeys didn't exist back then. Just like how birds evolved from dinosaurs, but dinosaurs aren't around now.