Religious Discussion Thread

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Then you have to figure out what happened to all the large aquatic animals around at the time. And you have to figure out why the bones pre-date humans by nearly 200 million years.
Don't know about the bones but with the large aquatic animals who knows they still aren't around? Haven't we only searched around 5-10% of the oceans or something similar?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Dinasours existed over 250 million years ago… 66 million years ago something wiped them out… an asteroid hit and probably caused the ice age…based on scientist carbon dating we know this.
The bible has some people believe only 6000 years ago God created the entire earth and every living creature in it including the dinasours!!! …. That flood that you talk about was 1656AM according to the bible….That’s about 4500 years ago. We weren’t running around like the Flinstones… lol
I'll be straight out, I am a Believer but don't really give a fuck about dates and years and that stuff.

The Bible is full of metaphors, so maybe 1 day in the Bible could mean 1000, 1,000,000, 100,000,000 of years.

PS I'm not a dino-denier lol if they existed, doesn't disprove God, if they didn't, doesn't disprove science.

Moon Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Oh my... i shouldn't really bother. But...... i don't believe in heaven or jesus being the messenger of an afterlife. I wont believe in God until there is evidence to suggest otherwise. So please, stop references to the teachings of a man named Jesus as though I am to accept them as evidence. It does little to prove any point you might have.

Lets go onto the morality. You blatantly skip the point of... if he is omniscient and omnipotent, he doesn't have to use us as pawns in life, this is not a game. A little child screaming in pain because a fully grown man is stretching her vagina to breaking point, is not a game. Have you seen that? I have, there is no justification for it. If someone apparently has the ability to prevent that from happening and doesn't, they are not worthy of worship. The excuse "oh the man will go to hell" is a pathetic one, its a cop out. The excuse "we don't understand God" is a cop out. Whats there to understand about letting shit like that happen? Apart form "I wanted to but I am not all powerful, so i couldn't"

Its either your God is loving but not powerful. Or powerful but not loving.
Hey Dogna88, I'm not sure if I'm missing something here or not, but are you saying that you want God to intervene and control outcomes? If so then what happens to free will...?

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Unfortunately whether the whole world is Atheist Or Islamic Or Christian Or Black Or White... Wars, greed and wankers will always continue...

Throughout history every single 'Noble' (What's noble for me might not be for you and vice versa) cause or war has always deteriorated by selfish blood thirsty people including the Crusades, WW1, WW2, Vietnam, Korea, Napoleonic wars, the siege of Troy, the Lebanese war well you get the point...
Crusaders were blood thirsty people? Please link your source. Literally saved Christianity. But please go on with your typical revisionist of history that crusaders were blood thirsty war mongers without knowing the facts of the time. The siege of Troy? You’re referencing Greek mythology for your argument. As for the Lebanese civil war, do you know why that started lol.

Moon Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Dinasours existed over 250 million years ago… 66 million years ago something wiped them out… an asteroid hit and probably caused the ice age…based on scientist carbon dating we know this.
The bible has some people believe only 6000 years ago God created the entire earth and every living creature in it including the dinasours!!! …. That flood that you talk about was 1656AM according to the bible….That’s about 4500 years ago. We weren’t running around like the Flinstones… lol
Nowhere in the bible does it say that the world was created only 6000 years ago. I think you might be confusing this with the fact that ancient civilisations such as the Mayans and Ancient Egypt can only be found and dated back to approximately 6000 - 7000 year BC.

In fact the bible talks about how the world was created which does not contradict astrophysics / science and I've had this conversation with an actual astrophysicist may times. Further the bible states that the universe is ever expanding (this too is a recent finding), this is a big statement for a book that does not know what it is talking about.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No, only her face because it was becoming "blackish"
The wax doesn't take away from the incorruptibility of her body.

A lot of the incorruptible saints bodies don't stay incorruptible forever.
For e.g St Charbel's body was incorruptible for 50 years before it decomposed.
No reason and no need to stay incorruptible forever, the phenomena/miracle was fulfilled.
Exactly this bro.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
@Mr 95% just on the sack of Constantinople

Pope Innocent III was heavily opposed to the attack on Constantinople and sent many letters warning the crusaders to not sack the city. Innocent III excommunicated the crusaders who attacked Byzantine cities, but was unable to physically halt or overturn their actions.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hey Dogna88, I'm not sure if I'm missing something here or not, but are you saying that you want God to intervene and control outcomes? If so then what happens to free will...?
Already explained free will and an omniscient being above.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nah. He's saying that God already controls it. Basically his stance is that if God is all powerful then he knows everything that will happen and created humans that way.

Think of it like baking a cake. You follow the recipe but then throw a heap of salt in the cake. When the cake tastes like crap, you blame the cake.

Of course the simple response to that (that many have provided) is that simple humans couldn't comprehend a God.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Crusaders were blood thirsty people? Please link your source. Literally saved Christianity. But please go on with your typical revisionist of history that crusaders were blood thirsty war mongers without knowing the facts of the time. The siege of Troy? You’re referencing Greek mythology for your argument. As for the Lebanese civil war, do you know why that started lol.
Troy may have actually been real. Evidence is found of it but... It looks like it wasn't a great war. Just a local conflict. Nothing special.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nowhere in the bible does it say that the world was created only 6000 years ago. I think you might be confusing this with the fact that ancient civilisations such as the Mayans and Ancient Egypt can only be found and dated back to approximately 6000 - 7000 year BC.

In fact the bible talks about how the world was created which does not contradict astrophysics / science and I've had this conversation with an actual astrophysicist may times. Further the bible states that the universe is ever expanding (this too is a recent finding), this is a big statement for a book that does not know what it is talking about.
That's actually a good point. Maybe God is dark energy.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
@Mr 95% just on the sack of Constantinople

Pope Innocent III was heavily opposed to the attack on Constantinople and sent many letters warning the crusaders to not sack the city. Innocent III excommunicated the crusaders who attacked Byzantine cities, but was unable to physically halt or overturn their actions.
I think most of the horrible incidents were outside the blessing of the church. Except the Spanish Inquisition.

Did the Church ever disown Richard 1st for his massacre?

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think most of the horrible incidents were outside the blessing of the church. Except the Spanish Inquisition.

Did the Church ever disown Richard 1st for his massacre?
Richard lionheart. Great fearless warrior. Curious do you know the events surrounding the massacre of the 3000 captured soldiers?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Richard lionheart. Great fearless warrior. Curious do you know the events surrounding the massacre of the 3000 captured soldiers?
Yes. From memory it was mainly about the return of the original cross and the return of the POWs.

When Richard Lionheart thought that the other side was deliberately delaying, he slaughtered the soldiers, and according to many, the women and children too (although this is denied by his allies for obvious reasons)

Regardless, it was a massacre.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Oh my... i shouldn't really bother. But...... i don't believe in heaven or jesus being the messenger of an afterlife. I wont believe in God until there is evidence to suggest otherwise. So please, stop references to the teachings of a man named Jesus as though I am to accept them as evidence. It does little to prove any point you might have.

Lets go onto the morality. You blatantly skip the point of... if he is omniscient and omnipotent, he doesn't have to use us as pawns in life, this is not a game. A little child screaming in pain because a fully grown man is stretching her vagina to breaking point, is not a game. Have you seen that? I have, there is no justification for it. If someone apparently has the ability to prevent that from happening and doesn't, they are not worthy of worship. The excuse "oh the man will go to hell" is a pathetic one, its a cop out. The excuse "we don't understand God" is a cop out. Whats there to understand about letting shit like that happen? Apart form "I wanted to but I am not all powerful, so i couldn't"

Its either your God is loving but not powerful. Or powerful but not loving.
Best post

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes. From memory it was mainly about the return of the original cross and the return of the POWs.

When Richard Lionheart thought that the other side was deliberately delaying, he slaughtered the soldiers, and according to many, the women and children too (although this is denied by his allies for obvious reasons)

Regardless, it was a massacre.
Justified. Especially if you look at the other sides actions during that time. King Richard lion heart was an absolute beast of a man.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Justified. Especially if you look at the other sides actions during that time. King Richard lion heart was an absolute beast of a man.
Killing children is justifiable? Or you referring to prisoners of war (who were soldiers)?

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thank fuck for that.
It makes perfect sense in the context of the actual event that lionheart ordered the massacre. Let’s not act like the jihadists were these peaceful people that were just attacked upon for no reason lmao. And at the end of the day, it was war. War is terrible, but at times justified. You don’t mess with someone like king Richard the way they did and expect handshakes in return. You’d be lacking any credibility to ignore all circumstances around the event and just say
Oh look massacre bad mannnn reeeeee