Release Rfm

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Preston and Kikau had the edges locked down from the get go. He knew what the go was. As club captain, you should be the epitome of "wherever they want me to play, i'll play".

We stuck through him after virtually a year out - he stuck in, got up some decent stats and was rewarded with a 3 year deal. And now - this?

I think his agent is talking a huge amount of BS.
Nothing but a double signing of Haas and Tino will do me now

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In fairness to Gould, he gave RFM an opportunity to lead the club so it meant he needed to step up, lead and buy into the culture and obviously he hasn't to the surprise of everyone including Gould so he has been shown the door. If a player isn't going to take his opportunity when it's given then that lies with him. I think we should be happy that Gould isn't taking one bit of shit and just cleaning the rot up.
He is a great player who sadly never recovered mentally from his injury. He and trainer also said they thought he would never play again and maybe that would have been the right thing to do. The guy is a shadow of him self from a couple of years ago and the game has just passed him. Once you’re screwed mentally it’s very hard to recover at his age also. Gus gave him the c to lift his spirits and lead by example but that couldn’t get him past his mental demons.
If he really loves the club like he says he does the.n best thing for him is to retire and get some sort of role in the club.

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If he’s the “club leader” and complaining about tough training or going against the coaches structures then to me he’s setting a horrible influence for the rest of the playing group and is a cancer. Needs to go

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Davey was 1 year yeh? Don’t think it matters after this.

Rfm would be on low deal and with our long term contract shit we use I can’t imagine we jump at paying him to fick off if it doesn’t make sense.

Hopefully Sutton wanting out and heads back to esl means we can’t get out of big $ release
I think RFM is on 600 or more. Not worth a pinch of shit that guy

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Definitely an edge forward.
But he needs to be feed.
As someone said above he ran well when Foran gave him.ball when he could into a gap or half a gap.
This season just terrible playing in the middle.
Compare RFMs ability to run into a hole (over as many years as he has been here) and Preston. Preston gets it RFM just doesn’t. I think he is the Josh Reynolds of 2nd rowers (all over the place, plenty of energy and no clue). Time to go or into Cup

Bigkev05

Waterboy
Reaction score
Compare RFMs ability to run into a hole (over as many years as he has been here) and Preston. Preston gets it RFM just doesn’t. I think he is the Josh Reynolds of 2nd rowers (all over the place, plenty of energy and no clue). Time to go or into Cup
I agree with being all over the place, but I don't see the energy and doesn't seem to have a clue

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
While on the Bulldogs, Raymond Faitala-Mariner is said to be surprised after being allowed to talk to other clubs. The truth is he went to the Bulldogs and told them he wanted to look elsewhere. The rise of Jacob Preston and return of Viliame Kikau from a serious injury mean Faitala-Mariner is facing a battle to keep his spot. At this point, Faitala-Mariner can’t make an early exit because the Bulldogs don’t have a replacement, and don’t know where to get one.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
While on the Bulldogs, Raymond Faitala-Mariner is said to be surprised after being allowed to talk to other clubs. The truth is he went to the Bulldogs and told them he wanted to look elsewhere. The rise of Jacob Preston and return of Viliame Kikau from a serious injury mean Faitala-Mariner is facing a battle to keep his spot. At this point, Faitala-Mariner can’t make an early exit because the Bulldogs don’t have a replacement, and don’t know where to get one
Easy for RFM, he just needs to earn his starting spot.

Last edited:

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me if the whole "doesn't like the coaches training" spiel is just a lie made up to justify getting rid of him. He's clearly not in form and we have better options. Gould and Ciro fkd up on their assessment and are now trying to save face

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So does anyone have a good idea of what he is actually being paid for his final years. If for example his contract was front loaded and only on say 300k (2024), that would mean he is only 100k of the cap next year (minus 200k for long term player discount).

If that is the case then perhaps they are not to concerned if he stays or goes and have leaked the story to have him answer to the fans that will now put his performances under a microscope.

JadeW

Waterboy
Reaction score
So does anyone have a good idea of what he is actually being paid for his final years. If for example his contract was front loaded and only on say 300k (2024), that would mean he is only 100k of the cap next year (minus 200k for long term player discount).

If that is the case then perhaps they are not to concerned if he stays or goes and have leaked the story to have him answer to the fans that will now put his performances under a microscope.
Six fiddy + gst

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Do we have any other players that qualify for the long serving player allowance in 2024? If so then there is no need for RFM

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Do we have any other players that qualify for the long serving player allowance in 2024? If so then there is no need for RFM
Unfortunately I don’t think anyone else has been at the club that long enough to qualify.

I’m sure what RFM was agreed to be payed in his new contract, given his recovery complications, was taken into account when he was renewed, at least you would hope so.

Malla

Reaction score
While on the Bulldogs, Raymond Faitala-Mariner is said to be surprised after being allowed to talk to other clubs. The truth is he went to the Bulldogs and told them he wanted to look elsewhere. The rise of Jacob Preston and return of Viliame Kikau from a serious injury mean Faitala-Mariner is facing a battle to keep his spot. At this point, Faitala-Mariner can’t make an early exit because the Bulldogs don’t have a replacement, and don’t know where to get one.
Exactly. He approached his manager and his manager approached the club. Before that, his manager put feelers out to other clubs. I assume these actions from RFM, as club captain, definitely will impact his future position at the club and so it should.

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not only the hole running, but Preston can also set up his outside players when required. When the last time RFM has put another into player into a gap.