Referee

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Looks 60 there
He was born in 1965.
In 2004 he was apparently 39 and full of sandy white hair?

If that is his true age then he has poor genetics.
Anyway everytime I think about integrity in the game? This flop who lies about his age comes to mind!

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How good was the game flow,
and no six again every second set.
One of the best grand finals in the last decade.
He was. But it is so annoying... because if this is the standard of referee'ing, where they need firm evidence of an offence to penalise, rather than looking for the most subjective offence.. for the regular season... then the whole competition closes up and is of a better standard.

The NRL can't help but tinker. They actually found a happy medium tail end of 2021, start of 2022... but then someone starts some campaign, it snowballs, and then they are back to sinbinning Harrison Edwards for the slightest clasp of a forearm in a contest for the ball.

And I use that example specifically, because there was a "grab" during the GF which, rightly, was not penalised.

They must stop looking for offences during regular season games too. It really is quite enough.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The problem is if all games were reffed like that then the Coaches would be all over it. They would be coaching their players to lie around in the tackle, stand offside at markers, the 10 metres would degenerate to 5 metres at best, accidental high tackles would be the norm, hip drops (I did notice the MRC pinged Haas for one), etc etc. The rules exploiters like Bellamy and Robinson would have field day.

Eventually it would get so bad that the refs would be instructed to penalise everything to stamp it out, then we would all be whinging that there were too many penalties. It's a circle.

Always a Bulldog

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Better than last years GF refs obsessive bullshit