Ref from final should be banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was absolutely terrible. Shaun Johnson was hit late and in the air after a kick on 5 seperate occassions and none were penalised. Pretty sure that grubby cnut Cam Smith was ere for a couple of them.

Even one of the aussie tries shouldve been a no try. When an aussie commentator, who are probably the most bias (yes you wally), says its a no try and the video ref still calls it a try, is disgusting.

GO THE KIWIS!!!!

And before you try and blame it on injuries, just look at the injuries the kiwis had and players pulling out before the start of the tournament. Btw, playing the last 37mins with 16 players is remarkable.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Haha Wally is the worst commentator of all time wouldn't take on board anything he says it was def a try..Cam Smith is biggest grub totally agree always wrestling makes me sick.. Was good to see Kiwis throw the ball around entertaining to watch. On injuries imagine Gallen Hayne Slater Thurston Scott Morris but who cares 34 on the field 17 each

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha Wally is the worst commentator of all time wouldn't take on board anything he says it was def a try..Cam Smith is biggest grub totally agree always wrestling makes me sick.. Was good to see Kiwis throw the ball around entertaining to watch. On injuries imagine Gallen Hayne Slater Thurston Scott Morris but who cares 34 on the field 17 each
That peptide Gallen wouldnt of done fcuk all the drug cheating piece of shit. I agree with most but Morris isnt doing anything better than what the aussie wingers did tonight.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Ref was consistent however which is the important thing. Both teams got away with late shots. I would be spewing if it was one rule for one team and another for the other team but he was consistent - something that we lack in the regular NRL season.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also I think Cameron Smith is the best player in the NRL still; on and off the field. If he didn't play Australia lose by a much bigger margin in my opinion. His leadership is phenomenal.

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Ref was consistent however which is the important thing. Both teams got away with late shots. I would be spewing if it was one rule for one team and another for the other team but he was consistent - something that we lack in the regular NRL season.
Ok i may have watched a different game because i did not see 1 aussie kicker taken out in the air after kicking it but yes he was consistent in not awarding the kiwis a penalty 5 times. In the NRL, there probably wouldve been 5 players on report.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That peptide Gallen wouldnt of done fcuk all the drug cheating piece of shit. I agree with most but Morris isnt doing anything better than what the aussie wingers did tonight.
Yeah maybe thought Cronk was a major reason too, pretty off. Hiku was very good at the back for you boys

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah maybe thought Cronk was a major reason too, pretty off. Hiku was very good at the back for you boys
Yea that was the best game he's played in the kiwi jersey. But then if RTS is healthy, i dont think theres room for him because Kearny keeps picking Nightingale.

chrise186

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ok i may have watched a different game because i did not see 1 aussie kicker taken out in the air after kicking it but yes he was consistent in not awarding the kiwis a penalty 5 times. In the NRL, there probably wouldve been 5 players on report.
I actually really liked the ref. wasn't afraid to back his decisions. Consistent for the whole tournament. If we had refs like him in the nrl it would be much better viewing.
Easily the best ref I have seen in a while. Miles ahead of anything the nrl has

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude... Wtf... The worst late hit all night was Adam Blair's on Cronk... And Isaac Luke's tackle on DCE was pretty bad too for general grubbery.

Both teams were doing it and the ref could have blown about 613 penalties for each side tonight if he felt like it but didn't and let the game flow... Letting a few incidents go for each side is a part of that. Otherwise the game plays the exact same as NRL. Which wouldn't make sense seeing as the rules are different...

also so I think every try tonight was correctly awarded. Infact the only one that I think was 50/50 even was the very last one (I haven't had a good look at the grounding, but if he hadn't called forward pass I wouldn't necessarily have thought he was wrong).

ultimately the ref made mistakes sure, but he was alright. He did a fine job and the more deserving team got a few lucky bounces and a W in a tight game. Don't see what more you could want from a referee of a test match final.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That British referee was better then all the NRL referees put together from this year... I don't know what was so bad?

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude... Wtf... The worst late hit all night was Adam Blair's on Cronk... And Isaac Luke's tackle on DCE was pretty bad too for general grubbery.
SJ was hit IN THE AIR AND LATE how is that not worse than the 2 you mentioned. The 5 times it happened wouldve been close to suspensions in the NRL. 5 times on one player also shows that it was probably premeditated. One of them was a good 4 seconds after he had kicked the ball and the ref looked back at it but didnt want to blow the whistle.

Glad to not have to see this bloke ref another game for a while.

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
GI's late hit/shoulder charge after the whistle was worse than those but because Luke got up, nothing was said about it.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
SJ was hit IN THE AIR AND LATE how is that not worse than the 2 you mentioned. The 5 times it happened wouldve been close to suspensions in the NRL. 5 times on one player also shows that it was probably premeditated. One of them was a good 4 seconds after he had kicked the ball and the ref looked back at it but didnt want to blow the whistle.

Glad to not have to see this bloke ref another game for a while.
Adam Blair's was ridiculous. I don't disagree Johnson got hit late, but the ref decided to let them go for both teams. Deal with it...

seriously man enjoy the win. It was a great win by NZ. And after we smash you guys in the Anzac test you will have a long time till your next win :p

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
GI's late hit/shoulder charge after the whistle was worse than those but because Luke got up, nothing was said about it.
Please don't misconstrue my point. My point isn't woe be us, Australia was robbed and should have won and got a million penalties.

my point is the ref let them go for both teams and let the players play. Sure the ref could have blown the penalties, but after one or two the players would have stopped doing it and we would have got a game closer and closer to a regular season NRL game instead of what we got, which would have been a real shame.

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam Blair's was ridiculous. I don't disagree Johnson got hit late, but the ref decided to let them go for both teams. Deal with it...

seriously man enjoy the win. It was a great win by NZ. And after we smash you guys in the Anzac test you will have a long time till your next win :p
Will be an interesting game next year with both teams healthy, but highly doubt there will be a smashing lol. An aussie win i may see, but definitely not a smashing lol.

Thurston, Slater, Scott, Borris, Peptide if he completes his course, Myles, Luke Lewis, Tamou, etc

RTS, Moa, JWH, Matulino, Kasiano, Pritchard (didnt get picked for kiwis because he didnt play many games this year), Hurrellkane, Elijah Taylor, etc

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will be an interesting game next year with both teams healthy, but highly doubt there will be a smashing lol. An aussie win i may see, but definitely not a smashing lol.

Thurston, Slater, Scott, Borris, Peptide if he completes his course, Myles, Luke Lewis, Tamou, etc

RTS, Moa, JWH, Matulino, Kasiano, Pritchard (didnt get picked for kiwis because he didnt play many games this year), Hurrellkane, Elijah Taylor, etc
Every player on the Australian list bar Tamou and Myles is better than every player you listed on the NZ list (Lewis won't play)... JWH's career for NZ seems to be over while Kearney is in charge which won't stop anytime soon.

and I hope it isn't a smashing (but I hope NZ lose the kiwi pricks :p), but you never know what will happen if Australia turn up with a better side than they have now and play like the WC final which was one of the best displays of league I have ever seen. I mostly am just employing some friendly banter though ahahha

Ultimately tonight was a great game of league. Do I wish that Australia had pulled it out on that last play? Sure. But the game was fantastic and this tournament has been a massive step in the right direction for test matches.

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every player on the Australian list bar Tamou and Myles is better than every player you listed on the NZ list (Lewis won't play)... JWH's career for NZ seems to be over while Kearney is in charge which won't stop anytime soon.

and I hope it isn't a smashing (but I hope NZ lose the kiwi pricks :p), but you never know what will happen if Australia turn up with a better side than they have now and play like the WC final which was one of the best displays of league I have ever seen. I mostly am just employing some friendly banter though ahahha

Ultimately tonight was a great game of league. Do I wish that Australia had pulled it out on that last play? Sure. But the game was fantastic and this tournament has been a massive step in the right direction for test matches.
Of course they are better but those kiwi players mean a lot more to the kiwis than the missing aussie players. They lost the number 1 halfback and he was replaced with the number 2 hb with the number 3 hb playing 5/8th.

Aussie lost their number 1 fb who was replaced by the number 2 fb (hayne doesnt count because hes an NFL player).

See what im saying? When you have the top 3 or 4 players at 99% of the positions (i rate Graham and Bromwich 1 & 2 with Scott at 3) its easy to replace. But when you have a very good HB, Johnson, and he were to get injured and replaced by a player, Leuluai, who wouldnt start on many club teams, its a lot harder to cope.

Btw i love the friendly banter lol i just dont get too carried away because i know our wins are few and far between.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course they are better but those kiwi players mean a lot more to the kiwis than the missing aussie players. They lost the number 1 halfback and he was replaced with the number 2 hb with the number 3 hb playing 5/8th.

Aussie lost their number 1 fb who was replaced by the number 2 fb (hayne doesnt count because hes an NFL player).

See what im saying? When you have the top 3 or 4 players at 99% of the positions (i rate Graham and Bromwich 1 & 2 with Scott at 3) its easy to replace. But when you have a very good HB, Johnson, and he were to get injured and replaced by a player, Leuluai, who wouldnt start on many club teams, its a lot harder to cope.

Btw i love the friendly banter lol i just dont get too carried away because i know our wins are few and far between.
Matt Scott is better than Bromwich imo... And did you see our front row? We bloody needed him today.

and I agree. But without Johnson NZ doesn't win tonight even with the dominant forward pack. He was phenomenal. Depth is always an issue in the halves for NZ and always has been.

It has never been an issue before but Australia's forwards lacked depth this year. And you really need depth in the forwards because you usually play 7 or even 8. Not 2 or possibly 3.

and it's all good man, I can remember Origin pre 2006. Winning is fun, I don't begrudge any NZ fan the chance to celebrate tonight, I just generally hate it when people whinge about a ref who did an ok job. Especially when they won anyway! Hahaha

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
NZ outplayed Aus in the final but the ref wasn't terrible by any stretch.

Supporters of either team usually have a very one-sided view on things and i thought the ref was absolutely great and let the game flow and showcased both team's strengths and weaknesses. Whereas if you penalise said late hits or nothing penalties (like hand on the ball), the game ends up being very heavily in favour of one team.

The other result is that the game ends up being momentum swings with penalties being the crucial factor which also makes for a boring game as the ref basically decides who wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.