Official Reed Mahoney sees the 'gun (and Jake Averillo) as vital cogs in Bulldogs' wheel

Jam

Scanlens Gum
Reaction score
Prepare to cope, la familiars - Reed Mahoney sees the 'gun as a vital part of this Bulldogs team. It's all here in this excerpt from an excellent Daily Telegraph story. The story has been shared on another thread, but I thought this bit in particular was worthy of special focus, and therefore, its own thread:

Mahoney gave a great insight into how he was able to strike such a lethal spine combination at Parramatta with chief playmakers Dylan Brown, Mitchell Moses and Clint Gutherson.

He shed light on how he intends to adopt a similar philosophy to get the Canterbury spine of Jake Averillo, Matt Burton and Kyle Flanagan in-tune and firing. (Translation - you're not going anywhere 'gun... we need you, baby!)

“When Burto (Matt Burton) gets back from his time off, we’ll all sit down and talk about what we want to do. I have already had some great chats with Kyle (Flanagan) and let me tell you, this guy never takes a holiday. We have come up with some great ideas. I have to tell you, he has one of the sharpest footy brains I've encountered in all my time in the game. Not only that, but the dude is a total babe magnet,’’ Mahoney said. (translation - I love you, Kyle. Teach me everything you know about football and about life.)

“The spine is the rock for the other players in the team to perform, so we all need to be on the same page. Kyle has a fantastic skillset and we need to give him more of a platform to shine. (Translation - give the 'gun more ball, baby!)

“Obviously Burto has got the biggest boot in the game, so we need to work out a way where we can get that to work.

“But also, so that it’s not something that we have to go to all the time.’’ (Translation - you need to let the 'gun and I kick more Burto, you ball hog!)

So there you have it, fam. Straight from the horse's mouth. Not only will the 'gun be our starting 7 next year, he is one of our most important players. If you won't take the 'gun's word for it, just ask Reed Mahoney!

I take it all back, Reed. You're not fat. You're just big boned, baby. Boom!
Here we go again. Real question is when the gun fires do you swallow.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've said all along that all the gun needs is good service from dummy half. Then, given time and space, the gun will shine and blow holes in defensive structures feeding our rampaging forwards TPJ, Viliame, RFM.
Bring on 2023, the gun is cocked and ready to fire. Boom!!!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I've said all along that all the gun needs is good service from dummy half. Then, given time and space, the gun will shine and blow holes in defensive structures feeding our rampaging forwards TPJ, Viliame, RFM.
Hell yeah, Fam. The numbers of the sensible are growing, baby!

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe good service might help, maybe good coaching will help Robinson couldn’t. We’ll see next year I suppose, but it’s still questionable what he does once he has the ball cause last year there was many times he got caught on last or made the wrong Choices when passing when he could do a simple grubber on last or pass out wide instead of flopping it to the nearest player usually inside ball to someone standing still.

Last 2 years he’s been shooting blanks.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s a tough one gun cause on one hand I don’t want to give you oxygen by replying and on the other I want to choke every last bit of oxygen out of you!

3 years reading the kennel and I still can’t work out if you are a troll from another club, 5 different people as you often respond to your own thread before anyone gets a chance or just a tool with a really bad alter ego…..

You actually (sometimes… read rarely) post some really insightful shit that again means you either know the game, are bi polar or are 5 different dudes.

At the bare minimum you are really entertaining, cop the shit that comes at you pretty well and offer something in the off season. Do us all a favour though mate -maybe reduce your social media time and spend more time working on your fekin running game
I'm certain he supports some other club, and actually hates us.
True fans don't behave like arseholes, because they know that arseholes can only deliver shit, and they don't want to foul their own nest.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
It’s a tough one gun cause on one hand I don’t want to give you oxygen by replying and on the other I want to choke every last bit of oxygen out of you!

3 years reading the kennel and I still can’t work out if you are a troll from another club, 5 different people as you often respond to your own thread before anyone gets a chance or just a tool with a really bad alter ego…..

You actually (sometimes… read rarely) post some really insightful shit that again means you either know the game, are bi polar or are 5 different dudes.

At the bare minimum you are really entertaining, cop the shit that comes at you pretty well and offer something in the off season. Do us all a favour though mate -maybe reduce your social media time and spend more time working on your fekin running game
Wow, don't know how I missed this epic spray...... you want to choke every last bit of oxygen out of the 'gun? Damn, that's cold....lol

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I'm certain he supports some other club, and actually hates us.
True fans don't behave like arseholes, because they know that arseholes can only deliver shit, and they don't want to foul their own nest.
If this is the way you feel, why do you soil this place with vile homophobic rants? People like you do more damage to this place than a harmless larrikin like me ever could.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
We almost made page four.....this thread might be a late bloomer....like Cody Walker....come on, baby....lessgoooo!

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is that gonna help his kicking game ?
And despite not having the “time” to play he still didn’t dig into the defensive line all season. So kind of doesn’t make sense.