News Reed Mahoney names player to watch this season

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think Avo did enough to deserve a crack at FB this year. He showed potential in number 1 jersey last year. He needs some coaching and a better support around him but he also has some spark and can find the line.
I don’t get how Perham can come in -having not played FB in first grade for any length of time and leap frogged him.

I am team Avo for sure.
I’m sure it’s team balance, they must not think there are any other options at right centre.
skelton could change that

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t get how Perham can come in -having not played FB in first grade for any length of time and leap frogged him.
How about, Perham absolutely killed in the pre season, trained the house, bettered every KPI that was given to him, caught every Burton bomb, broke the line every time he ran the ball, ran into gaps created by Kikau like he'd been doing it all his life and was the best player in every opposed session.

While at the same time, Averill missed every KPI, dropped every Flanagan bomb, got caught with the ball every time he tried to run it, dropped every pass that Kikau threw to him and was the worst player in every opposed session.

Perhaps not quite that much of a difference, but I'm sure you get the picture.

Always a Bulldog

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
How about, Perham absolutely killed in the pre season, trained the house, bettered every KPI that was given to him, caught every Burton bomb, broke the line every time he ran the ball, ran into gaps created by Kikau like he'd been doing it all his life and was the best player in every opposed session.

While at the same time, Averill missed every KPI, dropped every Flanagan bomb, got caught with the ball every time he tried to run it, dropped every pass that Kikau threw to him and was the worst player in every opposed session.

Always a Bulldog
I don't like this example

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
This is meaningless.
You play the best guy for the team as long as that guy isn't needed in another key spot.

I didn't get to watch Perham in the All stars game nor do I remember him in previous years. But I certainly remember that Averillo shows more attacking prowess and he'd be my first pick at FB.

CC has been quoted saying Perham does alot of talking so I suspect he values the organisational side of a fullback.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
This is meaningless.
You play the best guy for the team as long as that guy isn't needed in another key spot.

I didn't get to watch Perham in the All stars game nor do I remember him in previous years. But I certainly remember that Averillo shows more attacking prowess and he'd be my first pick at FB.

CC has been quoted saying Perham does alot of talking so I suspect he values the organisational side of a fullback.
Plainly Perham demonstrated to the Coaching Staff in the pre season that he was "the best guy".

Always a Bulldog