Reed Mahoney is a liability

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He’s always good for an error or dumb play but overall he’s solid.. missing less tackles than last year

Made 51 tackles perhaps he would have had more gas in the tank in the back end if we didnt have a 63% completion rate in the first half burning so much fuel defending, Flops like the guy who started this thread dont see stuff like that they just focus on 1 moment and cry about it.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The ref wasn’t too bad considering his first gig
Agreed, I thought his calls where fair for both teams, it was nice to watch one of our games and not even notice the ref, he will probably never ref first grade again for putting Papps in the bin though :tongueclosed:

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
My only issue with Mahoney is that he can’t keep racking up the tackle counts he does and expect to fire in attack, I hope we keep Hayward 14 and rotate when we are back to full strength.
Reed isn’t a 80 min DH he doesn’t know how to pace himself in Defence. The higher his tackle count gets during a game the worse our attack gets it also affects our defence because his miss percentage goes through the roof.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haywood looks like a capable player with a long term future in NRL. Mahoney was better last night because he didn't crab sideways from dummy half as much.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
My only issue with Mahoney is that he can’t keep racking up the tackle counts he does and expect to fire in attack, I hope we keep Hayward 14 and rotate when we are back to full strength.
Reed isn’t a 80 min DH he doesn’t know how to pace himself in Defence. The higher his tackle count gets during a game the worse our attack gets it also affects our defence because his miss percentage goes through the roof.
Even Arthur knew to give Mahoney a rest, blows my mind that were so insistent on playing him for 80 when we have numerous options that could do a job us for a short period of time. Shouldn't even mess with our rotations considering everyone that currently fills in at lock for us could play hooker.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To the ref's credit, he allowed the game to flow, and he didn't make it all about himself like some of the others do.

Sent from my SM-A235F using Tapatalk
Problem with that is Melbourne are notorious in laying in the ruck, hand on the ball, and they’re good at it. Got to call it when it’s out of hand like last night otherwise you lose control of the game and it gets worse as the game goes on. He should of blown the whistle more instead of blowing grant and Munster. Ref is a pole smoker

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So true out of dummy half he just gives the ball instead of straightening the attack every now and again, he is buggered.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Harry milks so fkn hard the little prick...
Yeah he acts like a child.. “sir the man knocked the ball from my hands wahhh”. He was way less dangerous than we all expected. Probably due in part to our defence. Tbh we handled them well most of the night. That’s why those tries we let them score were frustrating because they were flukey bs and just very poor application for two of them.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He didn’t have the greatest year with us last season. However this year I see the complete opposite of your post. He has really stepped up his game this year and imo has been one of the reasons we are playing better as a team.

My only thing against him and it’s not really against him. Is that he isn’t an effective 80min player. He should play 60 minutes and have a rest through the game. This is a Ciro problem though. Not a Reed problem.

‘Kris Keating’ played well in the trials and last night was good when he came on.

he looks like a good 14 option that give Reed the rest he needs to be at his most effective.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
These extreme statements give you no credibility dude lol

He went to the right too often in the 20 attacking zone - that was a liability, but his effort errors are huge!
And he has been adjusting his angle runs and running more direct and passing with good timing lately.

And guess, what? He is actually going to improve.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Even Arthur knew to give Mahoney a rest, blows my mind that were so insistent on playing him for 80 when we have numerous options that could do a job us for a short period of time. Shouldn't even mess with our rotations considering everyone that currently fills in at lock for us could play hooker.
Yeah I just think Hayward is the future at DH and they are giving that time to develop and now they have blooded him and he was really solid he will get more game time and have time to grow into it with out a shit tonne of pressure and without it just being a stop gap measure.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He didn’t have the greatest year with us last season. However this year I see the complete opposite of your post. He has really stepped up his game this year and imo has been one of the reasons we are playing better as a team.

My only thing against him and it’s not really against him. Is that he isn’t an effective 80min player. He should play 60 minutes and have a rest through the game. This is a Ciro problem though. Not a Reed problem.

‘Kris Keating’ played well in the trials and last night was good when he came on.

he looks like a good 14 option that give Reed the rest he needs to be at his most effective.
Has to happen.