Reece Hoffman To The Dogs??

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
not even, Foran and Ricky Stuart are a class above turner

we might as well put Brett Holwland the whippet
Was more making the point that those are transient players but you are right, he doesn't even belong on the same flyer as Stuart or Foran.

If I could be arsed I'd photoshop that poster

Leon Bott/Chase Stanley/Danny Williams/Michael Sullivan/Kane Cleal

Malla

Reaction score
Hoffman has some ability and can play multiple positions.. Since Gus joined the club most of our bargain signings or train and trials have been younger guys with upside as opposed to proven Reserve Graders with no FG potential like in years past.
Yeah he’s gone hard with versatile backs I have noticed. They are low risk investments tbh, they’re hungry for first grade sports and put pressure on the graders to perform. They also are good to have in opposed sessions at training.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mitchell and JAC are also good mates. Remember when they got in trouble for riding motorbike together up around Taree. Bet they’d love to play together
They would play well together too. Big energy

Big Vibe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Anyone know what the go is with Lumelume ? Outside the top 30 ? I would have thought he'd be in the 30. Has played 5 or 6 NRL games including last season. Hoffman played 1 in 2020
Eye haven’t heard anything regarding Lumelume’s contract status. Heard he’d been training well though.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Our 30 is full. Looks like he’ll be in reggies until round 10 unless they change covid regulations for rosters.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eye haven’t heard anything regarding Lumelume’s contract status. Heard he’d been training well though.
yes I've seen training pics of him and Gould confirmed he's still with us. I'm surprised he's not top 30 or that he would accept a contract that's not top 30 after playing 5 or 6 games for the Storm.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did Hoffman get a top 30 spot with us or a T&T? If he got a top 30 ahead of Lumelume i find that one strange?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The last top 30 spot was there for the taking when Lumelume turned up last year.
If he hasn't shown enough in that time to secure a spot then it's on him.
We also have fuck all depth in the backrow

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
We also have fuck all depth in the backrow
I don't think we have any genuine edge backrowers.
Hetherington - shown ability on the edge but not experienced enough. Lateral movement in defence might not be good enough on an edge.
RFM - Has had some good games on the edge in the past but massive injury concerns.
TPJ / Jackson / Topine - Are middles
Stimpson / Waddell - Reserve grade
We need either Hoffman, Juddha or Stucky to have a breakout year and RFM to get a good run without injury.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hetherington - shown ability on the edge but not experienced enough. Lateral movement in defence might not be good enough on an edge.
RFM - Has had some good games on the edge in the past but massive injury concerns.
We need either Hoffman, Juddha or Stucky to have a breakout year and RFM to get a good run without injury.
I'd guess that Topine is not really big enough for prop. Looked full of energy when he played, but not massive when compared to most props.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
hetherington will kill it on an edge and TPJ will fill in until RFM is fit enough. Topine unless he bulks up is a ball playing lock or edge.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
why? Who is the better player with more potential?
because Lumelume played 6 games with the storm compared to 1 game with the tigers. I'd imagine you'd have to show alot more potential to get a run in melbourne than you would at concord?

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
im hoping the big fella plays first grade so i have direct link to inside info from him.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The mrs dad is spewing the tigers have let him go.