Opinion Red hot reggies

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah used to love watching all three games.
By memory and could be wrong the first game at Belmore was at about 12.15
We were always very competitive.
Yep, 23’s close to midday, reggie’s about 1.30 then firsts with little gap between games. Grab a copy of Big League walking into Belmore then a Four N’ Twenty as the red rattlers rolled by. Those were the days…

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Didn't the wheels fall off last year, we were top of the table in round 19 and managed to miss the semi's
All to do with FG injuries and Topine.
Regardless of who's right or wrong, it was very noticeable our reserve grade side always dropped a few gears when Topine wasn't playing.

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
They are red hot nobodies at the moment. Got smashed in their last trial. Proof will be in the pudding.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Taaffe ends up being dropped at some stage this year I'd say its highly likely he takes the fullback jumper in cup and papa will drop back to Flegg again, people need to remember he is only 19.
Still think Taaffe should be a halfback. Hopefully he ends up there.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All to do with FG injuries and Topine.
Regardless of who's right or wrong, it was very noticeable our reserve grade side always dropped a few gears when Topine wasn't playing.
Who would know what friction that debacle caused. Whatever the reason, it was a drastic form slump when it counted most.

Scoobs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Who would know what friction that debacle caused. Whatever the reason, it was a drastic form slump when it counted most.
Could be wrong but i thought the main issue with our reggies team was that alot if the players were sucked up into first grade, then dropped back, causing instability

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Could be wrong but i thought the main issue with our reggies team was that alot if the players were sucked up into first grade, then dropped back, causing instability
True, but that's the nature of reggies to a degree. The reserve grade coach won't know exactly what players he has to work with until the first grade coach selects his team

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah used to love watching all three games.
By memory and could be wrong the first game at Belmore was at about 12.15
We were always very competitive.
Yep. U/23s only played 30-minute halves. Reserve Grade 35-minute halves and of course 40-minute halves for first grade.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep. U/23s only played 30-minute halves. Reserve Grade 35-minute halves and of course 40-minute halves for first grade.
You have a very good memory I definitely didn’t remember those details.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Remember the good old days of going to the footy and being able to see 3 grades?
It was a joy to watch 3 grades played on the same day, allowed us to witness the great young talents play in the under 23's, then a select few would make the reserve's bench, again a select few would make the 1st grade bench,
I'll never forget the day Mal Creevey GRHS played and scored and set up tries in all 3 grade.
The almighty dollar has ruined it >:(