Opinion Recruits in 21

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Flanagan : a total flop
Allen :shown a little but below par on expectations.
Cotric: big money signing whose average at best.
Hethrington : firey but I'll disciplined and disappointing
Waddell :signed for 3 yrs with 50 games under his belt what a flop
Big Ava: Average at best .

Moving forward would we be disappointed if these guys got moved on

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
And some people thought that was A+ recruitment (and we'd make the 8 LOL)... at best the roster was on par with last year (and that's assuming players played to their average level, but they all played worse), but we lost our best player in Foran for the worst half in the NRL. I thought Flanagan and Cotric would be good signings (both haven't worked out or underperformed), the rest were shit.

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Everyone we signed was a bad desicion I hope Gus gets rid of them immediately including all the other flops we signed in the other past years

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know by saying this I might be public enemy no.1 but i would give Flanno another chance with a new team n a big pre season he would have to put on size n work on a lot of things as for the rest Cotric Hetho and Ava would in prove by a country mile with a good team around them as for Allan and Waddell total shockers

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We undoubtedly have a worse team than last season especially given RFM, our best player of 20, has missed almost the entire of 21.

But, that was apparently part of the plan, it was said a number of times in the pre-season that the intention was to get a group of players together who could form a nucleus for the team going forward. Burton was meant to be part of that but we couldn't get him early. Most of the blokes we've let go are not going to be playing in 5 seasons time, with the possible exception of Reimus, who apparently didn't want to be here any more.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t understand all the ‘Pay had Foran’ sentiment. Barrett had the chance to keep Foran at a huge discount and probably sign him on less than Flange but he went with the Flannigan who has been atrocious. This is not an excuse for Baz, it just further highlights his incompetence.

Man, do I hit the nail hard on the head. This post should be a sticky titled ‘but, but Pay had Foran’

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our notable losses last year were Foran, Tolman, Smith and Holland. In hindsight it’s easy to say we recruited horribly.

If you look at our gains: Flanagan, Hetherington, Allan, Ava, Waddell and Cotric. Most would of said in the preseason that is an improvement on the squad. I believe it is the coaching that has let us down terribly this season. If we aren’t pushing for top 8 or thereabouts next season. Barrett needs to go.

HazElMagic

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We undoubtedly have a worse team than last season especially given RFM, our best player of 20, has missed almost the entire of 21.

But, that was apparently part of the plan, it was said a number of times in the pre-season that the intention was to get a group of players together who could form a nucleus for the team going forward. Burton was meant to be part of that but we couldn't get him early. Most of the blokes we've let go are not going to be playing in 5 seasons time, with the possible exception of Reimus, who apparently didn't want to be here any more.
How lucky is it that we didn't get Burton. Would've ruined him but instead he's been getting good experience for the riff

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Worst team and most dysfunctional In MANY years.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How lucky is it that we didn't get Burton. Would've ruined him but instead he's been getting good experience for the riff
And will arrive at the same time as JAC, and hopefully a few other decent recruits. We are still short some quality though.