Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

Abu Dhabi Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Hasler signed Williams on 600k a year, 800+ for Mbye, 850 on Woods, 850 for fifita (before it fell through) and if you think Hasler will allow the brothers to leave Manly, you dreamers are suffering from very severe cases of hallucinations

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are worth $2m per annum on a package deal. Tom is a $1.1m player, and Jake deserves $900k. its unlikely that they will leave Manly, but at the end of the day, we have to make it as difficult as possible for them to knock us back.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
They are worth $2m per annum on a package deal. Tom is a $1.1m player, and Jake deserves $900k. its unlikely that they will leave Manly, but at the end of the day, we have to make it as difficult as possible for them to knock us back.
We can't pay what they're worth. We need to pay overs, so at least 1.2m for Tom and 1m for Jake, +100-200k wouldn't be surprised. Otherwise no chance.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They won’t sign with a team who don’t know who the coach will be then. Dean pay will fuck the bulldogs over in all contract signings unless we get a premiership winning coach like flanno coming to the bulldogs. Anyone thinking different have no idea

Dog Till I Die

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we are indeed a family club we absolutely should add Trbojevic as a bulldogs family name
Think of the money we'd save if the Board went down the same moronic path as did Dib and hang Tedesco &Woods jerseys off a ceiling beam as the potential recruits walk through the door!

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know it's only one game but seems like he still knows how to control a game and still very creative. For the right price is it worth throwing him a minimum 2 year contract?

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No brainer as far as I'm concerned. He's improved every side he's ever joined. I'd take him for sure

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's my point we need to make it difficult as possible for manly

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thing is, Jimmy will only be interested in money or success at this point of his career. He's not going to do us a favour and come over cheaply in this position.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Depends on the money he'd be after.

We did sign Kimmorley at a similar age and he added alot to the side.

Abu Dhabi Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
He should of been signed when he was available at the same time as Foran.

The club fucked up by signing the wrong player.

Too little, too late now

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Their existing deals are about 1.5 million for the two. They also have another brother signed to Manly. You'd need to throw massive money at them and I can't see them leaving manly.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Him and Foz would be a cripple halves pairing, Maloney looks like he's on the verge of death post game lol.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just like Reynolds would never leave and Graham. People like getting more money. Go figure
Unless manly capitulate in every regard and there's a massive fraction in the club, they won't go anywhere. They will take under to stay at manly, our only hope is that their board get into a massive shit fight, something we seem to see on a regular basis

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They’re both worth $1m’: Why Dogs should target Trbojevic brothers over Latrell
BREAKING NEWS

Jake and Tom Trbojevic would be the perfect fit for the Bulldogs.Source: FOX SPORTS
Former Origin star Bryan Fletcher has questioned whether the Bulldogs are right to target superstar centre Latrell Mitchell as a marquee player to revive the club.

It was revealed by Fox Sports early this week the struggling club are considering a mammoth 10-year, $11 million deal for the 22-year-old Roosters centre to present to him on November 1.

It would be the biggest player deal in rugby league history.

However, speaking on Triple M NRL on Sunday, Fletcher said the club would be wiser to go after marquee players who have more involvement with the ball — like soon to be off-contract Manly stars Jake and Tom Trbojevic.

The pair are contracted to Manly until the end of next season, but clubs will be lining up to sign them when they can be legally approached on November 1.

“Personally, I would be going after those two,” Fletcher said.

“Latrell is out in the centres. On his day Latrell can win you a game but consistently week in and week out you need guys around the ruck who are touching the ball.

“They’re both worth a million dollars, that’s not overs.”

Journalist Paul Kent said the pair would be a perfect fit for the Bulldogs given their likability and popularity with fans, as well as their involvement in the game as a lock and fullback.

“The value of the Trbojevic boys, is not only are they tremendous footballers, but they bring great values to the club, they’re great people to bring to the club, Kent said.

“And if you’re Canterbury, everything that Canterbury professes to be about, that’s what the Trbojevic brothers are.”

The Trbojevics are Mona Vale juniors with family deeply involved in the local rugby league community.

And although a move would seem unlikely, it won’t stop rival NRL clubs taking their best shot at the pair who are now established NSW and Australia representatives.

“It won’t just be Canterbury with a war chest who are targeting the Trbojevic brothers,” said James Hooper.

“I’ve heard Parramatta are another club who have got them on the radar and obviously everyone is free to go and have a crack at them from November 1. I’d be stunned if those two players ever left the Sea Eagles. I can’t see Manly letting them go.”

However, Kent argued that’s what makes the big deals great, such as Cooper Cronk, Brad Fittler and Bob Fulton, who all left their iconic clubs to join the Roosters.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/news/t...l/news-story/835f604e02bb5b7509ceab6e6f815d94

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is our time to unsettle some teams and get aggressive on the market, we will eventually get that superstar signing just a question of who?
Not saying it’s going to be the brothers or latrell, but we need to put it out there that we are serious