Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If we signed Seggy he would cop more crap than Lichaa does now.
Not the answer

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Based on the lists here there isn't a great deal of quality worth spending big dollars on. Any well run club would be methodically, and at the very least, scouting the 18s and 20s competitions in nsw and qld. Quality players at that level can be fast tracked for first grade for next year - by quality standard think of Munster, Mitchell etc.

There is no point in recruiting more of the same standard players - panic buying rarely works - although for this year recruiting any outside back who can consistently defend would be worthwhile, especially if we can swap for a back rower.
The problem with fast tracking these youn guys , is the NRL encforcing top 30 squads, you have to be spot on in identifying and promoting within 30 otherwise ....

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be throwing a sizeable amount at Clint Gutherson, i find it crazy that he is off contract after this year. apparently talks with the eels have come to a hault at the moment. Perfect type of player who we need, versatile can play in the halves, fullback or centre, good off the field and could probably get him without paying massive overs

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Other players worth looking at:

Backs- Jordan Rapana, Sosia Feki, Albert Hopoate, Solomona Kata, Gideon Gela Mosby, Jai Field, Corey Thompson

Forwards- Thomas Flegler, Joe Ofahengaue, TPJ, Briton Nikora, Api Koroisau, Reece Robson, Josh Aloiai

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No no and no again to anyone else that makes a thread asking for Reynolds back

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
FFS our issues began with Reynolds n Mbye. Our forwards worked their asses off only for Reynolds to kick it dead or turn it over.. or do some other retarded shit. We might be in a bad spot but we need to think forwards not backwards

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
how many times does this same thread have to come up !! moved to recruitment suggestions!!

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Shit the Reynolds thread got moved.
Anyways if West Tigers (stupid bloody name) pays half Reynolds pay for this season and next two seasons?
That's in excess of $1m.
I would just to get the money back we are paying WT for mybe!!!
Play Reynolds on the bench as utility and drop Lichaa!!!

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He’s an origin winning half. He won us plenty of games and at his best is very effective. His haters really do love talking out of their arseholes!

Origin winning half
Wow

Because he won the blues the series did he do anything in that game?

Please don't compare the players

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Origin winning half
Wow

Because he won the blues the series did he do anything in that game?

Please don't compare the players
Of course he did. Do you think it’s possible to beat a team like Qld if the halves don’t contribute? He also wasn’t too far off the dally m in 2012. You’re talking straight up shit, mate.

Grimace

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
just read he is off contract we should go hard at him if we can! He is big and hard to handle

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Getting in before this gets moved. Fuck yes, if we’re saving coin for Manu or someone we’re wasting our time, so spend some coin on a proven performer. I don’t believe this 2021 shit, must have some cash to splash.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
For 2020 I'd be looking at;
Matt Lodge
Jordan Rapana
Reece Robson
Clint Gutherson
Justin Holbrook

However I doubt that we'd get any of them.